• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda : a big surprise for Nintendo gamers ?

Ixtense

"Zelda: a big surprise ?

At the time of our passage on the Nintendo stand of Games Convention, we were not really surprised to see that the new adventures of Link on GameCube monopolized crowd, it even acted doubtless of the most inaccessible play of the show, waiting which the players will have to still undergo during a long period since The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will not be born before April 2006 in the whole world.

Our information obtained on the stand of the Nintendo implies to us that the fans should be rewarded by 'a new and big very special bonus in Zelda : TP!'. But what could be this famous surprise able well to wisely make us have patience until 2006?"

translate by babelfish - JF

The guy from Nintendo Europe said to me it's very big surprise for nintendo fans, Nintendo will tell more in coming months.

AssMan

Banned
I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF AND I'M TAKING YOU ALL DOWN WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Keyser Soze said:
Zelda Shower Scene?!?!?!

041206.jpg

Ruzbeh

Banned
I don't care about a stupid surprise. All I want from this game is an experience that surpasses Ocarina of Time!!!!!!!

OOT and MM made in the TP engine?!!!

seriously though, sone things added if you played it on your revolution would be nice, like the extras in the Oracle games for playing on your GBA, except.... not just a ring shop.

TheDiave

Banned
Well, if it's not a surprise pertaining to TP itself, I'm still pissed about the delay. After all, they said it was to add "exciting new features" or some happy horse-shit to that effect. Packaging any remake or port of older Zelda games doesn't constitute new features.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
They got rid of Auto-Jumping and actually brought the game's control to 21st Century standards?

Ruzbeh

Banned
dog$ said:
They got rid of Auto-Jumping and actually brought the game's control to 21st Century standards?
Auto-Jumping was awesome. Controls in Ocarina of Time were fantastic, hater!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Ruzbeh said:
Auto-Jumping was awesome.
Auto-Jumping is among the main reasons why I haven't bothered owning any post SFC Zelda title, and why any interest I would have had in TP has flatlined.

I'll gladly wait until Nintendo realizes the folly of this mechanic and eliminates it.

dog$ said:
Auto-Jumping is among the main reasons why I haven't bothered owning any post SFC Zelda title, and why any interest I would have had in TP has flatlined.

I'll gladly wait until Nintendo realizes the folly of this mechanic and eliminates it.
Why does zelda need jumping? It's not a platforming game, and any time where you do need jump, the game makes it happen. I see no way that jumping could help the series, outside of a few puzzles where they could implement the feather again.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ImNotLikeThem said:
Why does zelda need jumping? It's not a platforming game, and any time where you do need jump, the game makes it happen. I see no way that jumping could help the series, outside of a few puzzles where they could implement the feather again.
Agreed. Not buying a zelda game because there's no manual jumping? What's next? Not buying a zelda because it has no grass? :lol

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Having a protagonist in a 3D-3rd Person View game of any sort without the ability to jump is counter intuitive; in Zelda's case you have a character that can use hookshots and other methods to leap, but only at specific points; yet if you want to willfully leap on the side of a ledge of a house on your own accord, it can't be done. All Nintendo would need to do is design the game to accomodate for the fact that the character can jump at any time.

Want it put another way? :D

Having a Zelda without jumping makes about as much sense as having a game where the protagonist's main function is to use a gun, yet you can't walk and shoot at the same time. Sound familiar?

Ruzbeh

Banned
dog$ said:
Having a protagonist in a 3D-3rd Person View game of any sort without the ability to jump is counter intuitive; in Zelda's case you have a character that can use hookshots and other methods to leap, but only at specific points; yet if you want to willfully leap on the side of a ledge of a house on your own accord, it can't be done. All Nintendo would need to do is design the game to accomodate for the fact that the character can jump at any time.

Having a Zelda without jumping makes about as much sense as having a game where the protagonist's main function is to use a gun, yet you can't walk and shoot at the same time. Sound familiar?
Ocarina of Time is perfect. Meaning the mechanics are perfect. Meaning auto-jumping is perfect.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
2d zeldas didn't any manual jumping whatsoever as far as I can remember of course so I don't know what you are getting at with that argument.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
The way some of you bitch about jumping, I'd think you must bounce around town all day.

Putting jumping in a game that isn't built for jumping is just retarded. The idea that just adding a manual jump to WW or OoT or whatever would suddenly make it worth buying is ridiculous. I'm quite happy for them to put a manual jump in if they want to, but if so the game better justify it. Unnecessary actions are just that, unnecessary.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
dog$ said:

RE4 and Metroid Prime, two of the best games this generation?

Goldeneye, one of the most critically acclaimed games of last generation?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
dog$ said:

you just had to complain about something.... damn o_O

You know, if you press Link up against a wall he will jump and grab the ledge if he can actually reach it. Manual jumping would add nothing to the game.

Kroole

Mama Smurf said:
The way some of you bitch about jumping, I'd think you must bounce around town all day.

Well yeah. If you want crazy ass jumping, just go to the NE's starting point in WoW.

Zerodoppler said:
You know, if you press Link up against a wall he will jump and grab the ledge if he can actually reach it. Manual jumping would add nothing to the game.

I like to jump for joy while I run around--who doesn't? But in Zelda you can only roll.

I've never docked the game for it--it's a great game, and the jumping works fine. But I'd rather do it myself. Who the hell wants a "roll" button when you could have a "jump" button?

AssMan

Banned
According to an an inside source (who's been pretty spot on with Zelda news lately), the main reason TP was delayed was because Nintendo wanted to add Revolution functions that would dramatically enhanced the gameplay.

I keed.

Error2k4 said:
2d zeldas didn't any manual jumping whatsoever as far as I can remember of course so I don't know what you are getting at with that argument.

I was starting to think that i was the only one thinking of his retardness, seems i wasnt the only one...........

Kon Tiki

Banned
A big suprise would a written agreement to provide one(1) quality title a month for revolution. ( I am not talking about older games :lol)

Top Bottom