• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda : a big surprise for Nintendo gamers ?

Ranger X

Mihail said:
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

What kind of gameplay possibilities will it open? Jump around circularly placed platforms to climb to the top of a cylindrical canyon or pit?

No, no, no, no, no -- that kind of logic is what ruins a lot of 3D games.

I'll make an action rpg with a manual double jump someday that you will deadly drool over. If you can't see what it opens and how it could better Zelda -- please never be a game designer at least. ;)

argon

...it will probably never happen, but I think a "Zero Mission" style Zelda I remake would be cool.

Imagine taking all of the great things about Zelda I (items, enemies, sound effects/music, general overworld and dungeon layout, etc) but redesigning it with Wind Waker style graphics.

Hyrule itself could be rendered in full 3d, OOT style, but they could keep the dungeons primarily the same. More importantly, it would give them an opportunity to enhance the story, and tie up some loose ends in the series.

WW really reminded me of the NES Zelda, so I think it would be fitting.

Mallrat83

Banned
Wyzdom said:
I'll make an action rpg with a manual double jump someday that you will deadly drool over. If you can't see what it opens and how it could better Zelda -- please never be a game designer at least. ;)
If you can't see what a Zelda game is all about and how Nintendo is right to include an auto-jump feature so they can focus on other aspects of the gameplay, then you are horribly confused. Granted, a manual jump can work for action RPG franchises, but one of those franchises is not Zelda.

digit

Maybe the big surprise is that TP will make use of the Revolution controller. It would remain a GC game, and still work with the regular GC controller. But if you want to play it on Revolution, you can use the new controller and get an "enhanced" experience. How enhanced? Well, that would depend on exactly what the Rev controller is...

Jeff-DSA

digit said:
Maybe the big surprise is that TP will make use of the Revolution controller. It would remain a GC game, and still work with the regular GC controller. But if you want to play it on Revolution, you can use the new controller and get an "enhanced" experience. How enhanced? Well, that would depend on exactly what the Rev controller is...

No.

Top Bottom