• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda has slipped to 2006

Sweet Prince said:
ss_preview_Town_1.jpg

look at the buildings on the right. is there a (technical) reason they need to be veiled with fog?

To make the usage of distance fog seem less obvious; a seamless presentation. This is most certainly nothing new.

Mama Smurf said:
So I do wonder why, if you can just do a silhouette without actually having the polygons there, it wasn't used then too.

More powerful hardware obviously allows for more detail, which decreases the need for distance fog. Draw distance, you know.

suaveric

AltogetherAndrews said:
Because it'd be a slap in the face of those loyal and weathered fans that have been holding out for Zelda on Gamecube, and there is a good chance this will be final straw for many. The last thing the Revolution needs is a smaller fanbase, and that is likely to happen should Nintendo chose to break its promise of another Zelda on Gamecube. If Nintendo is the kind of company that breaks its promises and fails to support its own consoles, why should consumers have any sort of confidence in the Revolution?

Nintendo is already lost to 80% of consumers. These are the people Nintendo has to go after. The Gamecube is not going to be the way to do it, but a fresh start with Rev (with lots of great, non kiddie games) might just be enough to do it.

Look at all of the major franchises this generation for the Cube, all of them are off by 50% in sales. Nintendo can not be worried about these last few "loyalists". They need to worry about everyone else. Focusing on the minority is not going to gain marketshare next generation.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I think loyal Nintendo fans do plan on buying a Revolution and thus don't really care, whether it comes to GameCube or Revolution ;).

AssMan

Banned
hey, at least new Revolution info should be hitting soon...

Matt C says we should see some new info by the end of August. Hmmmmm, I wonder if the controller will be the new idea implemented in TP.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
suaveric said:
Nintendo is already lost to 80% of consumers. These are the people Nintendo has to go after. The Gamecube is not going to be the way to do it, but a fresh start with Rev (with lots of great, non kiddie games) might just be enough to do it.

Look at all of the major franchises this generation for the Cube, all of them are off by 50% in sales. Nintendo can not be worried about these last few "loyalists". They need to worry about everyone else. Focusing on the minority is not going to gain marketshare next generation.

Yep. The top 5 best selling N64 games sold an equal amount to the top 20 GC games.

hey guys I am new here, just wanted to drop a note. seriously I am pissed no Zelda this year. this could be bad for nintendo, unless they release a kille rds line up for the fall that is wifi packedand gamecube drops to 79 and is bundled with WW for 100. but as for revolution this could come out at the end of 2006 which could be bad. consider ing the late release of Zelda. unless this game movies to revolution.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ThunderEmperor said:
hey guys I am new here, just wanted to drop a note. seriously I am pissed no Zelda this year. this could be bad for nintendo, unless they release a kille rds line up for the fall that is wifi packedand gamecube drops to 79 and is bundled with WW for 100. but as for revolution this could come out at the end of 2006 which could be bad. consider ing the late release of Zelda. unless this game movies to revolution.
Wait, now becasue Zelda was delayed, Nintendo as a company is doomed? :lol

bridegur

So should I sell my Gamecube now and buy another when TP finally comes out?

Also, does Nintendo have any other big games coming out in 2005? I don't consider the heap of Mario games "big games", of course.

bridegur said:
So should I sell my Gamecube now and buy another when TP finally comes out?

Also, does Nintendo have any other big games coming out in 2005? I don't consider the heap of Mario games "big games", of course.

HOW MANY FRICKIN TIMES DO I HAVE TO REPEAT THIS:

BUY FIRE EMBLEM!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Why don't they just can it for the GC. Rework the models and textures and have it ready for the nREV launch. Instant killer title kick off.

Soul4ger

This game should come out on Revolution! It's GameCube version is doomed! The textures are as twisted as my pubic hair! There's no way I can enjoy the game as it is!

GaimeGuy said:
Wait, now becasue Zelda was delayed, Nintendo as a company is doomed? :lol

i am not saying that, what i meant ti say, is that since Zelda will be missing from their christmas line up, then an enriched ds wifi line up and gc game bundling will help ease the zelda pain that might occur, thats all. :)

cyberheater said:
Why don't they just can it for the GC. Rework the models and textures and have it ready for the nREV launch. Instant killer title kick off.

yeah i am thinking the same think, look at what happend to kameco when it up graded from xbox - xbox 360. better texture and better graphical look.

Oblivion

cyberheater said:

If they do that, then the GC will officially be the most inferior Nintendo console ever made.

Oblivion said:
If they do that, then the GC will officially be the most inferior Nintendo console ever made.

yes let the GCbe inferior, if bringing Zelda in as a rev lunch line up helps rev lucnh a grea tdeal and also helps change the mindset of people in a different light. then i am happy with that chocie.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ThunderEmperor said:
i am not saying that, what i meant ti say, is that since Zelda will be missing from their christmas line up, then an enriched ds wifi line up and gc game bundling will help ease the zelda pain that might occur, thats all. :)
Is WiFi Mario Kart, AC, Ultimate Card Games, Ultimate Brain Games, and (possibly) Metroid Prime Hunters enriched enough for you? Plus the single player games of Mario & Luigi, Viewtiful Joe, Advance Wars, Nintendogs, Pac 'N Roll, Lunar: Dragon Song, Trace Memory, Trauma Center: Under the Knife, Lost in Blue, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Bust a Move DS, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and Snowboard Kids DS all look to be potential 8.0+ games

MrDaravon

cyberheater said:

Aren't Smash Bros and MP 3 supposed launch titles as well though? Like someone else said, there's already going to be competition there. Hell, isn't Smash Bros one of the, if not the highest selling game of this generation or something? That's going to sell all the systems they need day 1 by itself.

Oblivion

ThunderEmperor said:
yes let the GCbe inferior, if bringing Zelda in as a rev lunch line up helps rev lucnh a grea tdeal and also helps change the mindset of people in a different light. then i am happy with that chocie.

Hmm, on second thought, I suppose I wouldn't really mind. Afterall, Mario and Zelda are the two most lucrative Nintendo franchises, and they've both had inferior outings on the GC. It would be nice if they boh had a fresh start on the Rev.

Oblivion

SailorDaravon said:
Aren't Smash Bros and MP 3 supposed launch titles as well though? Like someone else said, there's already going to be competition there. Hell, isn't Smash Bros one of the, if not the highest selling game of this generation or something? That's going to sell all the systems they need day 1 by itself.

Zelda shouldn't come out at launch. It should come at least 6 months after.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm blinded with rage right now!

Seriously, though, I suppose if the game wasn't going to be ready, so be it. I actually got a call from Gamestop regarding my preorder about this.

I'm sure this has been mentioned in one of the many previous pages I didn't bother to read, but while the market shots look nice, no one has a shadow aside from Link. I hope they fix that.

GaimeGuy said:
Is WiFi Mario Kart, AC, Ultimate Card Games, Ultimate Brain Games, and (possibly) Metroid Prime Hunters enriched enough for you? Plus the single player games of Mario & Luigi, Viewtiful Joe, Advance Wars, Nintendogs, Pac 'N Roll, Lunar: Dragon Song, Trace Memory, Trauma Center: Under the Knife, Lost in Blue, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Bust a Move DS, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and Snowboard Kids DS all look to be potential 8.0+ games

yes that is all sweet, but we all know nintendo does not hype their products liek sony or microsoft. i hoep the ds wifi push is huge on all fronts, so that people just get forced to but a ds and play games online.

trmas

Banned
Damnit!! Now I'm basically gonna be forced into buying a 360 this X-Mas. The X-Box is dead, the Cube is dead, and KH2 and FFXII have been delayed..

Damn, Damn, Damn. I wanted to wait until the 360 had been out a while, but if I wait I may not have squat to play..

Benedict

I guess this is more a lot about economics, getting a good next fiscal year, than delaying the game to make it better.

With that it seems that either:
A) Nintendo is very unsure about Revolutions impact.
B) Revolution will NOT be released during the next fiscal year.

A later release of Zelda might shake the market some seconds, but it will save Nintendos next fiscal year from being catastrophic.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
THEORY:

Bear with me. It's complicated and brilliant, but then so is Nintendo.

First, they announce an incredible new Zelda game at a time when the Cube is obviously fading into legendary status in the console pantheon. There's no way this can be for the Cube, it's too late! But that's the genius.

They release Cube style shots and movies, but really they're just designed to show what it could have looked like on a last-gen system. Because when they unveil the next-gen version, it will blow EVERYTHING out of the water. I'm talking Killzone 2 level graphics – and I think at TGS (because of this fake delay announcement) they're gonna unveil everything – HD support for the Revolution, the new controller (which will be suitable for controlling a horse as part of its uniqueness) and so the delay is a ruse to lull us into a flase sense of apathy. Then, BAM!

Revolution is 1080p, controller owns everything and Zelda is a launch game. But get this – the timing is like this because revolution is coming THIS year. That's part of the surprise. Launches same time as 360, CRUSHES MS and scares the crap out of Sony.

SantaC

Gold Member
Stinkles said:
THEORY:

First, they announce an incredible new Zelda game at a time when the Cube is obviously fading into legendary status in the console pantheon. There's no way this can be for the Cube, it's too late! But that's the genius.

They release Cube style shots and movies, but really they're just designed to show what it could have looked like on a last-gen system. Because when they unveil the next-gen version, it will blow EVERYTHING out of the water. I'm talking Killzone 2 level graphics – and I think at TGS (because of this fake delay announcement) they're gonna unveil everything – HD support for the Revolution, the new controller (which will be suitable for controlling a horse as part of its uniqueness) and so the delay is a ruse to lull us into a flase sense of apathy. Then, BAM!

Revolution is 1080p, controller owns everything and Zelda is a launch game. But get this – the timing is like this because revolution is coming THIS year. That's part of the surprise. Launches same time as 360, CRUSHES MS and scares the crap out of Sony.

thanks for a good laugh, you crack me up :lol

Stinkles am win.

Insertia

The fog in those new city shots is crazy. Reminds me of PSX games.

Also, April 2006 GC will be dead. Zelda won't peform too well with PSP and DS in full swing, Xbox 360 released, and PS3 coming in several months.

Stinkles said:
THEORY:

Man I hope your trying to sound stupid...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
UltraMarioMan said:
Man I hope your trying to sound stupid...

Just think about it man, it ALL fits. The more you look at the pieces of the puzzle, the more it starts to look like a PLAN.

Zeo

Banned
Stinkles said:

Revolution is 1080p, controller owns everything and Zelda is a launch game

Oh man, as much as that would never happen, I want it to ('cept the launching this year thing cause that's a bit OVERBOARD in the imagination department if you ask me just to see the thread it would create here.

Insertia said:
The fog in those new city shots are crazy. Reminds me of PSX games.

Also, April 2006 GC will be dead. Zelda won't peform too well with PSP and DS in full swing, Xbox 360 released, and PS3 coming in several months.
Ever consider that those shots might be the town early in the morning. When its foggy? And Zelda TP will probably outdo almost every game in 2006.

Stinkles said:
Just think about it man, it ALL fits. The more you look at the pieces of the puzzle, the more it starts to look like a PLAN.
And the more you stare at a cloud the more it looks like stuff doesn't mean it actually looks like it.

Spike

Well, Nintendo did say all their "big guns" would be there for the launch of the Revolution. They didn't specifically say they would all be Revolution titles, though.

So, what we're looking at for 2006:

Super Smash Bros. Revolution
Mario Revolution -- it'll be there
Metroid Prime 3 -- who knows
Zelda Twilight Princess -- Revolution-compatible

Damn.

Memles

First off, the Miyamoto as Grinch photoshop is fantastic.

Secondly, I think that an early thought of some sort of Zelda Pre-Order promotion this Christmas would probably be a really good idea for Nintendo. I think that offering a Pre-Order Bonus (Perhaps a Demo, perhaps something) as a big Christmas release and having some PR to talk about "The Most Anticipated Game of 2006" come January would be a very strong move on their part. It's a disappointment to not have it for Christmas, but for me this clears up money to pick up a DS with a couple of games around Christmas, which is probably a good thing.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
What the hell...

I thought the game looked very polished at E3 and I had no doubt it was gonna make the Fall/Christmas release. Nintendo is seriously fucking up, and that's coming from a big Nintendo fan.

Jacobi

Banned
Hyoushi said:
:lol It is actually more Aonuma's fault.
edit : does anyone remember that Miyamoto/Aonuma comic photoshop Aonuma showed :lol I think Aonuma's getting slapped hard these days

Ironclad

Son of a fucking bitch! Just saw the news. Damn. Well, even though I am rather frustrated that it has slipped well into 2006, at least two good things can come out of this. First, they will have more time to work on it and secondly, I will have more time this winter for PoR, Shadow of the Colossus and DQ VIII. :(

Top Bottom