• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup Final |OT| Germany defeats Argentina 1-0 after extra time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugatrix

lol obviously! well played croyles, well played.

gareth-bale-christiano-ronaldo-greet-each-other-real-madrid-car-park-pic-real-madrid.jpg

predator-handshake-o.gif

remind me of this

Croyles

Eh, not that I don't agree with you guys on the gaucho thing, but you should know that clip is not making fun of Germans. Basil Fawlty is supposed to be the idiot and the joke's on him.

Naaaahhh. It's an insult to my country and we will bomb you.

zert

Wait what? imitating apes? wth way to put it out of context. Was the little dance racist? Nope ... also wasn't classy to make fun of the losing team.

Croyles

Wait what? imitating apes? wth way to put it out of context. Was the little dance racist? Nope ... also wasn't classy to make fun of the losing team.

They showed enough class to all their opponents, in Berlin it was time for fun, screw class.

Massa

The Germans didn't really imitate apes at all, but racist people in Argentina refer to Brazilians as apes due to skin color... I guess that's why they jumped to that conclusion.

Massa

So we had some games for the Brazilian league today and as usual they show the goals in the news.

When it came to the goal scored by this team:

2_7.jpg

The anchorwoman introduced it with "Another German goal? No, this was earlier tonight..."

lol

It was quite a pretty goal too.

Rizzoli about Kramer and his collision in the final:

"Er kam zu mir und fragte: 'Schiri, ist dies das Finale?'", verriet der Italiener Rizzoli jetzt der "Gazzetta dello Sport". "Ich dachte, er macht Witze, aber er hat die Frage wiederholt: 'Ich muss wissen, ob das wirklich das Finale ist'." Und als er dies bejaht hatte, habe Kramer gesagt: "Danke, es war wichtig, das zu wissen."
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...i_kramer-fragte-mich_ist-dies-das-finale.html

-----------------------------

"He came to me and asked: 'Ref, is this the final?", Rizzoli told "Gazzetta dello Sport". "I thought he was kidding but he repeated his question: 'I have to know if this is really the final'. And when Rizzoli confirmed it, Kramer said: "Thank you, it was important to know that."

Daaaamn, he was wasted.

la_briola

Sn4ke_911 is the best/worst poster. His hate for everything German is mind-boggling. Way to go neighbor!

PS: I love my neighbors. ♥

CTLance

(Snip)
"He came to me and asked: 'Ref, is this the final?", Rizzoli told "Gazzetta dello Sport". "I thought he was kidding but he repeated his question: 'I have to know if this is really the final'. And when Rizzoli confirmed it, Kramer said: "Thank you, it was important to know that."

Daaaamn, he was wasted.
That's hilarious.

Also terrifying. Holy crap. As a ref, I'd probably have to call for a two minute break on grounds of not being able to run and laugh at the same time after immediately sending that poor fucker off to the docs.

Props to Kramer for fighting on even while disoriented and hurting. Must've been one hell of a weird experience. You wake up, your head hurts, strange people are prodding you and there's screaming and grass in your mouth and suddenly you're playing soccer in the grand finale. Kinda like this.

Croyles

Yes, Gaucho is so offensive that Argentina had a "Gaucho" as mascot character for the own World Cup in 1978.

mascot1978.jpg

Is this bannable?

"Er kam zu mir und fragte: 'Schiri, ist dies das Finale?'", verriet der Italiener Rizzoli jetzt der "Gazzetta dello Sport". "Ich dachte, er macht Witze, aber er hat die Frage wiederholt: 'Ich muss wissen, ob das wirklich das Finale ist'." Und als er dies bejaht hatte, habe Kramer gesagt: "Danke, es war wichtig, das zu wissen."
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...i_kramer-fragte-mich_ist-dies-das-finale.html

-----------------------------

Daaaamn, he was wasted.

Pretty messed up.

Wrong.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaucho

If they had said "Argentinier" instead of "Gaucho's" then ok but Gaucho's is a clear insult.
Are you for fucking real? Have you tried singing "So gehen die Argentinier, die Argentinier die gehn so?". Yeah, see?

germanGAF I have bad news:

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuillet...hen-wir-die-weltmeister-bei-rtl-13051121.html

the qualification games for the next european and world championship will be shown on RTL...

the-office-noeksedvluy2.gif

That's old as fuck, bro. Still sucks ass, though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sn4ke_911 is the best/worst poster. His hate for everything German is mind-boggling. Way to go neighbor!

PS: I love my neighbors. ♥

Wtf, i don't hate Germany. I even have german friends. What i hate is their arrogant and überheblich behavior. Even my friends agree on this lol.

Croyles

"I have a lot of German friends, even they agree with me that they are arrogant" sounds very Guardian message board-ish.

At least the other ones are upfront about it lol

And you still haven't replied about Gauchito (little Gaucho) being a mascot for Argentina in 1978.

New FIFA Rankings after WC

1. Germany 1724 +1
2. Argentina 1606 +3
3. Netherlands 1496 +12
4. Columbia 1492 +4
5. Belgium 1401 +6
6. Uruguay 1330 +1
7. Brazil 1241 -4
8. Spain 1229 -7
9. Switzerland 1216 -3
10. France 1202 +7
11. Portugal 1148 -7
12. Chile 1098 +2
13. Greece 1091 -1
14. Italy 1056 -5
15. USA 989 -2
16. Costa Rica 986 +12
17. Croatia 955 +1
18. Mexico 930 +2
19. Bosnia 917 +2
20. England 911 -10
21. Ecuador 901 +5
22. Ukraine 898 -6
23. Russia 897 -4
24. Algeria 872 -2
25. Ivory Coast 850 -2

Elchele

Didn't know the District of Columbia was so far ahead of the rest of the country in football

Honduras not even in the top 35 :lol joke team.

Haunted

Because I wasn't able to post here for the finals.

*draws breath*

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTMMMMMMMEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSTTTTTTTEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

Fantastic tournament. Good times.

Do you guys remember the weird ball they used for last WC? I think that's why the quality of play was so much better this time. I remember in 2010 group stage players were lofting passes into the sideline bleachers, let alone being able to shoot (other than Forlan and a few others who figured it out).

boingball

Philip Lahm retires from international football.

#Legend

Quite a loss for the Nationalmannschaft. He might have been unhappy about playing again in the defense, he likes his midfield position. But in the national team there are too many midfielders whereas the defense is not so crowded.

Jack cw

Many players dream of this to retire on their prime, when they reached everything. Only few really achieve this. Respect, Philipp Lahm!

Donos

My view on the Gaucho "gate":. Nobody i know here (Germany) thought it was offensive. Some think it was a bit stupid, yeah but nothing more. Some think that high payed pro's with PR consultants etc. should think better before making things like this but nobody found it really offensive.
These guys stood 2 hours on a truck under the sun, drinking, celebrating and soaking up the thousands cheering fans surrounding them on the way to the Brandenburger Tor. They had a unique moment in their life and then choose a gag to celebrate without thinking that it may be unprofessional or offensive to some.

What the media is riding now is ridicoulous and it's the perfect wagon to hop on for the Football/WC/World Champion Hype haters.

Hindle

Banned
Easily the best WC since Japan/Korea 2002. Spain's destruction and Brazils collapse are among the biggest shocks in sporting history. Never been anything like it.

In all Germany deserved winners as well, and a great sign off for the likes of Lahm and Klose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom