• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015/2016 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Real Madrid vs Atletico de Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
HuMe7lg.png

OS9UpM5.gif

TrueBlue

You gotta feel bad for Atletico losing a second time like this. At least Bayern got to win it after losing to Chelsea. This has to hurt a lot.

That's a good point actually. Bayern got instant redemption - hell, Robben scored the winner.

I wonder if Simeome will able to pull them back up again.

Audioboxer

Think Athletico deserved to pip that. However well done on the penalties Real.

Torres should be ashamed letting someone go before him who clearly had the jitters. Torres is a freaking striker and it was pretty much a must score penalty.

Also Pepe is a total dick.

Tubie

Bale has been in Madrid 3 seasons and has already won 2 CLs.

What a beast.

Ramos had to wait 9 years for his first one.

Ansatz

simone getting what he deserves. nothing. this kind of football deserves nothing.

I have to agree with this, look at atletico's goal against bayern at allianz, literally 2 people on the offensive half while Bayern has half of their players inside their box and can't score time and time again.

It shouldn't be possible to consistently win using mourinho tactics, it leads to incredibly boring and one sided games. Barca v Bayern last year is what I call entertainment, this style of holding play what we say today is incredibly boring to watch.

Socreges

Banned
So it was Sergio Ramos who scored the goal? And he was obviously offside.

Yikes. Unfortunate how often teams are screwed over in massive games like these.

Doc_Drop

He was perfectly placed. He's just not good.

No help from the referee behind the line either. Those guys are absolutely useless.

I'm sorry but it's a lot more difficult than that, it's always going to happen until proper video refs are utilised. That's the game, it's always swings and roundabouts. Some decisions go one way, some the other.

Empty

it's just such a rubbish madrid team compared to ancelotti's just a couple years ago. that one was perfectly balanced, with beautiful counters. the annihilation of bayern on road to the final too. a great, very worthy winner. best of the best.

this is just kinda how you can ride your luck to a trophy in knockout football.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Serious question. Has Zidane done a Di Matteo or is he the second coming of Miguel Muñoz?

He almost fucked up the final after the break and those substitutions? Great job. He also got saved by Bale in several games in La Liga. But I guess it doesn't matter anymore now.

Temetti

Neo Member
Sad about the offside goal. Penalties are the worst way to choose the winner and Christiano was the worst hero! But what can you do. It was a thriller till the end and I enjoyed it to the bitter end!

Serious question. Has Zidane done a Di Matteo or is he the second coming of Miguel Muñoz?

His subs were just weird this match.

That said, it's difficult to judge a coach at Real Madrid. It's just such a crazy club. Even Ancelotti couldn't stay for more than a few years.

Tosyn_88

Both teams did well enough to win. In the first half, Madrid had athletico, it was the opposite in the second half, by extra time, both teams got fatigued. I think most wanted athletico to win due to underdog status but Madrid deserved their win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom