• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Cyberpunk 2077 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Its going to be so hard to get honest impressions on this isn't it? So many people want to gatekeep it as gaming's Lord and savior, and plenty of shills, and also so many people just want to shit on cdpr no matter what.

Exactly. I'm glad that Steam has an amazing refund option...will see how it runs on my PC and if I like it. If I don't, easy refund!

John2290

102 GB on pc ?? Or ps4pro?
Ps4 PRO. The 48 hour pre-load started this morning at 11am so it'll unlock Wednesday the 9th at 11am here in Ireland. It's initial size is 102 gigs, could come with a patch later and 30 gigs of this is just unused space awaiting a patch. I can't tell yet, I've often seen games Pre-load and when they get to a certain point, it'd be 72gigs in this case, they shoot to the end and then have the patch download at release. I can't find info on what the case is here but it's taking 102 gigs of space right now, regardless.

John2290

It's a seriously odd release schedule gobally. Not sure why it's not just the standard unlock at 12am local time on the 10th. Looking at this map it isn't even simultaneous on one platform let alone any cohesion between platforms. Pretty sure PC and stadia players are the ones getting boned with a 12am locked launch on dec 10th unless you're on GOG which gets something more along the lines of the oddly timed Console launches by region. Like here on GMT time we get it at 11am on the 9th but the US get it in the evening on the 9th which is at least 13 hours of a difference in the favour of GMT... oh, I can't make sense of any of this. It's refreshing to see a game release in the morning in the EU for once however and I don't have to fuck up my sleep cycle or have to heat the house into the early hours of the morning to get a good session in, that said, waiting up til the early hours of the morning, wrapped in blankets with a pot of coffee and a laptop connected to a good forum and discord is an investment that helps solidify a good hook in you're mind for a full priced release. i hope that isn't lost here if I go playing in the afternoon. Fuck, might even clear the day and go for an 11-am session.

John2290

Wait, PS4 Pro Day 1 Patch is 102gb?
No, it'd be 30 gigs or so if the OG file size was the same as the PC's 72 gigs but 43 gigs if it was the same as the Xbox version which was 60gigs I believe. EDIT: Again, it might just be free space with no patch only partly a patch and partly free space, there is no info out there on it that I can find to be reliable.

Last edited:

John2290

No, that is the whole game, and that isn't even the day one patch, this was a patch for those reviewing.
Nope, it's definitely not that for sure, there might be a patch post release but it likely will be one that'll replace files. 102 is not the original file size, it's either the file size+patch, the file size+free space for future patches or a mix of the two.

DonJorginho

Banned
Nope, it's definitely not that for sure, there might be a patch post release but it likely will be one that'll replace files. 102 is not the original file size, it's either the file size+patch, the file size+free space for future patches or a mix of the two.
It has been confirmed that this isn't the day one patch, so my guess is that will drop on day one, it is normal for games to release patches leading up to that day one patch for reviewers.

John2290

Man, this is one seriously confusing launch and it there isn't even multiple editions. I wonder if they're consciously trying to have nothing be cohesive to confuse people for some marketing reason.

John2290

It has been confirmed that this isn't the day one patch, so my guess is that will drop on day one, it is normal for games to release patches leading up to that day one patch for reviewers.
I've also seen it confirmed to be 60 gigs and 72 gigs. It was also confirmed that the release date in GMT zones would be 12am on the 10th. Nothing they've confirmed has been true and like the last delay, i don't even think the people working on this shit have the details right. Seems the people in the board rooms are fucking around for some reason.

valkyre

Are there anywhere any leaks to check the PS5 60 fps performance?

Have the people that played the PS5 60 fps commented on the performance? Is it rock solid 60 fps or is it all over the place?

Are there anywhere any leaks to check the PS5 60 fps performance?

Have the people that played the PS5 60 fps commented on the performance? Is it rock solid 60 fps or is it all over the place?

For what it's worth, based on what I've seen it LOOKS like it's an unlocked framerate but one that sticks to 60fps a good chunk of the time. When someone measures the framerate I'm sure they'll have no trouble finding places where it drops. But I do think it sits at 60fps MOST of the time. It's possible that the day one patch will improve performance and it already looks pretty good.

geezus150

Neo Member
I've also seen it confirmed to be 60 gigs and 72 gigs. It was also confirmed that the release date in GMT zones would be 12am on the 10th. Nothing they've confirmed has been true and like the last delay, i don't even think the people working on this shit have the details right. Seems the people in the board rooms are fucking around for some reason.

So you are already preloading on your PS4 on GMT time?

Weird I'm on GMT+1 and so far can't preload.

also 102gb on 1mb/s download for me, so maybe I'll finish it before day one patch arrives lol.

valkyre

For what it's worth, based on what I've seen it LOOKS like it's an unlocked framerate but one that sticks to 60fps a good chunk of the time. When someone measures the framerate I'm sure they'll have no trouble finding places where it drops. But I do think it sits at 60fps MOST of the time. It's possible that the day one patch will improve performance and it already looks pretty good.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I assume you watched all kinds of gameplay, like simply walking around busy streets, driving vehicles and mostly, combat. I say mostly combat because the official CDPR showings (on last gen consoles) had massive drops during shootouts... from what you saw PS5 was solid 60 fps during gunplay?

Thanks again. I really do hope that this is a solid 60 fps performance. I am sure the next gen consoles are more than capable, but I fear that there is almost no optimization for them at the moment...

John2290

also 102gb on 1mb/s download for me, so maybe I'll finish it before day one patch arrives lol.
Yep, I'm positive they are being intentionally all over the place for some reason. Can't figure out why and to what effect.

Also, i'm on 24 Mbps speeds and this is dragging at about 2-3 megs a second so you aren't missing out on much, PSN is shit.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the reply. I assume you watched all kinds of gameplay, like simply walking around busy streets, driving vehicles and mostly, combat. I say mostly combat because the official CDPR showings (on last gen consoles) had massive drops during shootouts... from what you saw PS5 was solid 60 fps during gunplay?

Thanks again. I really do hope that this is a solid 60 fps performance. I am sure the next gen consoles are more than capable, but I fear that there is almost no optimization for them at the moment...

No. To be honest,most of the PS5 footage I saw that was clean and high quality was just freeroam. I've only seen one example of combat but that looked smooth. I'm not making any promises on performance just giving my honest impressions of the very limited footage and examples of gameplay I have seen.

Based on what I've seen it's NOT a "solid" 60 fps. It just looks to me like it sits at 60fps most of the time.

The only guarantee is that the PS5 defnitely DOES have "Performance/Quality" modes so you won't be stuck at a locked 30fps.

Last edited:

geezus150

Neo Member
Yep, I'm positive they are being intentionally all over the place for some reason. Can't figure out why and to what effect.

Also, i'm on 24 Mbps speeds and this is dragging at about 2-3 megs a second so you aren't missing out on much, PSN is shit.
Well on PSN it says that expected preload should be on the 8th, I'm hoping that means midnight, I want to download it through the night and have it completed on the 9th, so I can turn off my PS4 Pro for atleast few hours before day one patch arrives lol.

valkyre

No. To be honest,most of the PS5 footage I saw that was clean and high quality was just freeroam. I've only seen one example of combat but that looked smooth. I'm not making any promises on performance just giving my honest impressions of the very limited footage and examples of gameplay I have seen.

Based on what I've seen it's NOT a "solid" 60 fps. It just looks to me like it sits at 60fps most of the time.

The only guarantee is that the PS5 defnitely DOES have "Performance/Quality" modes so you won't be stuck at a locked 30fps.

Thanks a lot, i really appreciate your feedback!

John2290

Well on PSN it says that expected preload should be on the 8th, I'm hoping that means midnight, I want to download it through the night and have it completed on the 9th, so I can turn off my PS4 Pro for atleast few hours before day one patch arrives lol.
You'll have a 48 hour timer from the point it starts to pre-load no matter the case so you'll be fine and hopefully that 102 contains the day one patch and not just empty space.

geezus150

Neo Member
You'll have a 48 hour timer from the point it starts to pre-load no matter the case so you'll be fine and hopefully that 102 contains the day one patch and not just empty space.
Yeah, that would be amazing if it included day one patch and just unlocked the game on the 10th without having to download another 40gb.

John2290

Yeah, that would be amazing if it included day one patch and just unlocked the game on the 10th without having to download another 40gb.
From all I've read so far, it looks to be the case but nothing has been the case with the release so far. Fingers crossed.

So Panam AKA "Best girl" is named after this, what a nice Easter egg

blade-runner-pan-am.jpg

She's named after the airline company, lol:

PAL version? This is most likely the actual game with multiple languages. There is no way that the PS4 version with lower assets than the PC version is 40GB bigger, but it would check out if it were the game which is around 60GB+5 language packs, which are around 6-7GB each.

spartan30gr

Αre we see today reviews for the cyberpunk 2077?
The opencritic has a countdown timer right now

John2290

PAL version? This is most likely the actual game with multiple languages. There is no way that the PS4 version with lower assets than the PC version is 40GB bigger, but it would check out if it were the game which is around 60GB+5 language packs, which are around 6-7GB each.
Well I can now confirm that it is partly empty space. It skipped at least five gigs in about 30 seconds. Also, language packs are usually bundled seperately these days and I've seen credible reports that the NCTS or whatever the US region code is, is 110 gigs even with the disc and Xbox gamers are getting a 43 gig patch om top of 60 gig. You could be right but it's all up in the air for now.

Last edited:

geezus150

Neo Member
Well I can now confirm that it is partly empty space. It skipped at least five gigs in about 30 seconds. Also, language packs are usually bundled seperately these days and I've seen credible reports that the NCTS or whatever the US region code is, is 110 gigs even with the disc and Xbox gamers are getting a 43 gig patch om top of 60 gig. You could be right but it's all up in the air for now.
Wow that's interesting, so the empty space is probably for the day one patch.

John2290

Wow that's interesting, so the empty space is probably for the day one patch.
I'm assuming, my internet certainly can't download 5 gigs in under a minute, I've never seen it happen before in the middle of a game however. it's always been at the end of the download which just adds further to the confusion around this whole release. I'm more intrigued now by the way they are handling this than the game itself.

Hugare

I turned on my PS4 to download the game, but it says that it only unlocks (the preload) on the 8th

Bought on a brazilian account

Maybe thats the reason?

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
WOhbzTu.jpg

Holy moly!!!This is a lot of GB guys!!!!
This is without the day one patch installed!!!
I honestly think the day one patch is already there. The one that includes all the bug fixes. The thing that the day one patch will do is unlock the rest of the game on ps5 because apparently you can't get past a certain part of the game yet

scalman

for ps4/ps5 size it must be all in that , because GOG on pc preload is just 63gb so must be there will be still patch. and on PS4 disc box it says it needs 70gb only. so its all because those patches.

spartan30gr

I honestly think the day one patch is already there. The one that includes all the bug fixes. The thing that the day one patch will do is unlock the rest of the game on ps5 because apparently you can't get past a certain part of the game yet

Its not

Last edited:

N30RYU

Being that the digital preorder... I assume the patch is already in, and the 10th there will be a 40Gb patch for the disc version.

azz0r

Banned
After watching the videos I'm still hyped, but I'm a little gutted at the games palette, way more orange/brown that I'd like

I'm not triggered S Saint Boot , I'm disappointed, but hopefully the games visual palette expands more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom