• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Cyberpunk 2077 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Arcane0ne

I predownloaded the game on Xbox Series S version and the size is 59.8, i don't know if is the total size or i need download the patch later...

It's a seriously odd release schedule gobally. Not sure why it's not just the standard unlock at 12am local time on the 10th. Looking at this map it isn't even simultaneous on one platform let alone any cohesion between platforms. Pretty sure PC and stadia players are the ones getting boned with a 12am locked launch on dec 10th unless you're on GOG which gets something more along the lines of the oddly timed Console launches by region. Like here on GMT time we get it at 11am on the 9th but the US get it in the evening on the 9th which is at least 13 hours of a difference in the favour of GMT... oh, I can't make sense of any of this. It's refreshing to see a game release in the morning in the EU for once however and I don't have to fuck up my sleep cycle or have to heat the house into the early hours of the morning to get a good session in, that said, waiting up til the early hours of the morning, wrapped in blankets with a pot of coffee and a laptop connected to a good forum and discord is an investment that helps solidify a good hook in you're mind for a full priced release. i hope that isn't lost here if I go playing in the afternoon. Fuck, might even clear the day and go for an 11-am session.

PC version launches 1am on the 10th in CET that would be midnight for UK

Ivory Blood

Here is Kojima in high res. The one thing I noticed is that a lot of clothing on npcs doesn't have physics enabled - like the dress on that chick, but others like Evelyn have it. Optimisation or just another thing to be fixed?

ZtW3m7K.jpg

MiguelItUp

According to PC Gamer the day 0 patch is indeed the day 1 patch. Apparently it is also buggy as hell. Not sure if that applies to anyone other than PC or not but here's the sauce for those interested.

cyberpunk 2077 pc gamer review
This was brought up earlier, and I don't believe them. Yong and Laymen confirmed it was an inbetween patch and NOT the day 1 patch. That the day 1 patch was still coming, but no one really knows what to expect, but are hoping for the best.

MaKTaiL

This was brought up earlier, and I don't believe them. Yong and Laymen confirmed it was an inbetween patch and NOT the day 1 patch. That the day 1 patch was still coming, but no one really knows what to expect, but are hoping for the best.
YongYea also pointed out that after the patch the game didn't seem to fix anything until he started a new save file.

I too hope for the best. I'm happy as long as it isn't worse than bethesda release bugs.
Chances are CDPR is going to give Bethesda Game Studios a run for its money in regards to how buggy a game can be, based on everything we've seen thus far.

That said, I don't care I need the game in my veins pronto.

MiguelItUp

The sad part about a lot of this is that a lot of the footage that has gone out wouldn't have if it wasn't for Best Buy messing up, lmao. They didn't intend on the public getting their hands on the game before launch, clearly. We still would've had bug comments from reviewers, and maybe a few leaked videos. But I don't think it'd be nearly as bad, lol.

jaysius

Banned
The sad part about a lot of this is that a lot of the footage that has gone out wouldn't have if it wasn't for Best Buy messing up, lmao. They didn't intend on the public getting their hands on the game before launch, clearly. We still would've had bug comments from reviewers, and maybe a few leaked videos. But I don't think it'd be nearly as bad, lol.

The sad part is they released a buggy game.

They're still going to sell millions. They don't need anyone apologizing for them.

People that buy a disked product deserve to get a product that's not broke AF.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

The sad part is they released a buggy game.

They're still going to sell millions. They don't need anyone apologizing for them.

People that buy a disked product deserve to get a product that's not broke AF.
Well, that's the thing, it's not released yet. That's the miracle/bad part about the modern industry. Depending on how that patch is handled, the day 1 patch could make quite a bit of difference. We hardly get THAT expected experience on disc anymore.

Oh of course, just saying it's an unfortunate scenario for them. The money they'll make in the end will surely be deserved regardless.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I agree with you with what they confirmed, but they also stated that the patch they got barely seem to actually correct many issues, which tells me its very likely enough issues really exist that simply won't be patched out day 1. Witcher 3 to this day still has loads of bugs. Earlier this year I was playing and I came across many issues, like one here the sound cuts off (which isn't that bad as restarting fixes it) and then I got a much more nasty glitch, like several NPCs simply stopped speaking, you couldn't interact with them at all. This is YEARS after the fucking release.

This is where I think people need to be very honest about this developer.

Could a day 1 patch fix all of Cyberpunk 2077's issues? Sir....a patch given to just correct the issues for the reviewers knowing damn well they'd be posting a review on the game couldn't correct most of the issues they dealt with. So maybe a day 1 patch could fix those issues, but if that was the case THAT was the patch the reviewers needed to give it a glowing review. Did a day 1 patch magically fix Witcher 3?

I got Witcher 3 day 1 and a bug with calling roach would cut off the sound of him whistling.

To my surprise years later that bug legit is still in the game when I booted it up. So maybe I'm wrong, maybe the extra attention given to Cyberpunk 2077 and those low scores cause them to actually spend the next years actually fully correcting those issues, but all I have to go on is what we know happened with Witcher 3....

jaysius

Banned
I agree with you with what they confirmed, but they also stated that the patch they got barely seem to actually correct many issues, which tells me its very likely enough issues really exist that simply won't be patched out day 1. Witcher 3 to this day still has loads of bugs. Earlier this year I was playing and I came across many issues, like one here the sound cuts off (which isn't that bad as restarting fixes it) and then I got a much more nasty glitch, like several NPCs simply stopped speaking, you couldn't interact with them at all. This is YEARS after the fucking release.

This is where I think people need to be very honest about this developer.

Could a day 1 patch fix all of Cyberpunk 2077's issues? Sir....a patch given to just correct the issues for the reviewers knowing damn well they'd be posting a review on the game couldn't correct most of the issues they dealt with. So maybe a day 1 patch could fix those issues, but if that was the case THAT was the patch the reviewers needed to give it a glowing review. Did a day 1 patch magically fix Witcher 3?

I got Witcher 3 day 1 and a bug with calling roach would cut off the sound of him whistling.

To my surprise years later that bug legit is still in the game when I booted it up. So maybe I'm wrong, maybe the extra attention given to Cyberpunk 2077 and those low scores cause them to actually spend the next years actually fully correcting those issues, but all I have to go on is what we know happened with Witcher 3....

I'm still not sure how good the bog section runs on consoles in Witcher 3, at launch it was a slideshow, and there were quests there that were hell because of it.

THEAP99

Banned
I'm still not sure how good the bog section runs on consoles in Witcher 3, at launch it was a slideshow, and there were quests there that were hell because of it.
that was the part where the dialogue completely cut out for me earlier this year. it was just the ladies of the woods looking back and forth at Gerald while that soundtrack loop plays.

jaysius

Banned
that was the part where the dialogue completely cut out for me earlier this year. it was just the ladies of the woods looking back and forth at Gerald while that soundtrack loop plays.
Wow... ok so the area is still buggy. Or you don't have the right quest yet? I'm not sure.

Collin

Banned
what’s supposed to be the best lifepath? corpo seems cool from a world building perspective to see the big skyscraper interiors but they also sound like a square. nomad also sounds neat

Gamezone

Gold Member

Of course they knew people would get the game before launch. People aren't even allowed to use their own gameplay when reviewing it.

Top Bottom