• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Cyberpunk 2077 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

DonJorginho

Banned
That guy also said FIFA 21 next gen reviews were coming, they never did, he then backtracked and said he meant previews, there were none.

I hope he's right this time but I'm just gonna wait for them to drop instead of believing any random Twitter account.

scalman

I dont believe noones opinion and reviews are in last place . Pure short gameplay is what i need. And yh i saw that prologue will be kinda slow and boring not so open. Just later game will open.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Uninterrupted 3 hour PS5 stream

The combat looks pretty frustrating. In gameplay, he headshots enemies from up close and then he just dies... good few times without either a good line of sight or right after enemy turns towards him.
RPG stats do not go well together with FPS. You expect headshots to take down enemies but RPG mechanics work differently.
well, if it's frustrating, I can probably switch to easy

Only watched a few minutes and it looks really nice. Not watching any more, looked very smooth, anyone know if he was playing in 60fps or 30fps?
Looks like he was playing at 30fps. Looked really smooth for 30fps. I know I will definitely be playing at 60fps but it's nice to know that 30fps runs without a hitch on PS5.

waquzy

60 fps

EDIT: I had a look at his stream data and it states his stream was 30fps, it did look too smooth for 30fps so could be a 60fps gameplay recorded in 30 potentially?

Definitely, you could easily tell the gameplay itself was running at 60fps...

xacto

The combat looks pretty frustrating. In gameplay, he headshots enemies from up close and then he just dies... good few times without either a good line of sight or right after enemy turns towards him.
RPG stats do not go well together with FPS. You expect headshots to take down enemies but RPG mechanics work differently.
well, if it's frustrating, I can probably switch to easy

Looking at that guy's gameplay, I am not sure if he's really bad with a controller (or games in general) or the game is very clunky. I hope that he's also playing some higher difficulty setting, or those shotgun blasts to the face are pretty useless.

We really need the reviews to drop though, to have a real grasp of what is really going on.

DonJorginho

Banned
Uninterrupted 3 hour PS5 stream

This looked great despite the fact that it was being played by someone who seemed to have never played games before.

I mean how can you be that bad at aiming?

Enemies seemed spongey but this was hard difficulty I believe and spongey enemies don't bother me too much in an rpg.

waquzy

Looking at that guy's gameplay, I am not sure if he's really bad with a controller (or games in general) or the game is very clunky. I hope that he's also playing some higher difficulty setting, or those shotgun blasts to the face are pretty useless.

We really need the reviews to drop though, to have a real grasp of what is really going on.
Yeah, apparently when you upgrade your gear etc, the enemies will become less spongy, I mean 4-5 shotguns to the head is a bit of a downer, even for a RPG.

DonJorginho

Banned
I can't see this getting any less than a 90 on MC tbh.

The world is gorgeous, the story seems great, the writing is on point from what I have seen, the gunplay is surprisingly decent (much better than TW3 combat although CP2077 has some ass melee combat), the quests seem fun and the level design seems like a more streamlined take on Deus Ex which tickles my fancy. The freedom of choice seems legit and the performance on the next gen systems at least is MUCH better than I was thinking we would get.

That being said, the absolutely woeful performance on the base consoles and the fact that many weak journalists may bend the knee to the Trans community could be the only stumbling blocks to the game getting to 90 and above.

Last edited:

waquzy

I can't see this getting any less than a 90 on MC tbh.

The world is gorgeous, the story seems great, the writing is on point from what I have seen, the gunplay is surprisingly decent (much better than TW3 combat although CP2077 has some ass melee combat), the quests seem fun and the level design seems like a more streamlined take on Deus Ex which tickles my fancy. The freedom of choice seems legit and the performance on the next gen systems at least is MUCH better than I was thinking we would get.

That being said, the absolutely woeful performance on the base consoles and the fact that many weak journalists may bend the knee to the Trans community could be the only stumbling blocks to the game getting to 90 and above.
Performance issues on the base consoles will bring the score down, also the numerous delays, 8 years in the making, over hyped. I honestly can’t see the day 1 patch getting rid of all the glitches and bugs either, not even close.
Still having said all that, a solid 8/10 for sure.

It's not a spoiler, I assume that in this game you can have sex with any good looking character model.
Dont do this. Dont give me hope

447066859.jpg

geezus150

Neo Member
Is there a confirmation on PS4 Pro performance mode?

or somebody who has that version of the game and have some thoughts about it (performance,visuals)?

Kadayi

Banned
For all the 'Bullet Sponge' talk what people need to understand about Cyberpunk is...pretty much everyone in the game is enhanced. A lot of people have augmentations, especially gang members so they aren't going down easy, but as you progress and get better weapons and improve your abilities you'll be able to deal with them more efficiently.

waquzy

Is there a confirmation on PS4 Pro performance mode?

or somebody who has that version of the game and have some thoughts about it (performance,visuals)?
Nope. It’s only available on next gen consoles. The One X has been confirmed to not have the toggle for performance/quality mode, therefor it will be the same for PS4 Pro.

geezus150

Neo Member
Nope. It’s only available on next gen consoles. The One X has been confirmed to not have the toggle for performance/quality mode, therefor it will be the same for PS4 Pro.

Thanks!
I thought that if PS5 had performance mode and was running on BC bulid of the game that PS4 Pro would have it also (even though it wouldn't hit 60fps consistently)but if ONE X doesn't have it then PS4 Pro won't have it either).

Are there any reviews out now that embatgo has lifted?

geezus150

Neo Member
I think if Pro and One X have performance modes then they will be really all around the place dipping to maybe even 45fps in some busy areas, if that is the case i would much prefer 30 fps locked 1440p dynamic resolution (I have only 1080p Tv anyways).

John2290

i've decided to go for a pre-order again on PSN after my Amazon delivery was cancelled last night cause I got so angry with this anti consumer during the weekend. They're straight up on the Bethesda path here but dammit, I can't not have my midnight release ritual with this game and hope for the best. If it disappoints, fuck it. Enough games have disappointed this year and I'll just go into no gaming mode until mid 9th gen things build up.

RyRy93

I was thinking high 80s even with its issues but then I remembered most reviewers will be playing on a PC, PS5 or Series X so 91 opencritic

Last edited:

EDMIX

Still 92 when the dust settles

I feel that is a safe bet.

I don't know where it would go on my most hype list tbh. I'm not hype for most titles to those old school levels, this gen I'd say my most anticipated games would be Resident Evil 2 remake, Metal Gear Solid V, God Of War 2018, The Last Of Us 2 etc. With this title my expectations are so set, I'm hype simply for the setting, main story, side stories......thats it. Anything extra is like a cherry on top. I think seeing how this title goes, it sequel may very well be on my most hype for next generation or something.

DLC could also change that, who knows.

For all the 'Bullet Sponge' talk what people need to understand about Cyberpunk is...pretty much everyone in the game is enhanced. A lot of people have augmentations, especially gang members so they aren't going down easy, but as you progress and get better weapons and improve your abilities you'll be able to deal with them more efficiently.
Yeah, the in lore equivalent of Kevlar skin is a common body mod, and there are entire industries dedicated to making body armor that looks like fashionable clothes. Getting shot at is just too common a thing to go about unprepared. Hell, even if you're just a salary man, your company's rival can decide to kidnap you with intent to recruit/force you to reveal company secrets. Then even if your company catches them in the act, they're more likely to shoot you instead of letting them take you. Pays to be prepared

ForestVSea

Its going to be so hard to get honest impressions on this isn't it? So many people want to gatekeep it as gaming's Lord and savior, and plenty of shills, and also so many people just want to shit on cdpr no matter what.

Last edited:
Top Bottom