• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Allegedly leaked announcements for TGA (4chan)

>Tales of Elysium
>Final Fantasy IX
>Blue Protocol Worldwide
>Star Wars Jedi Survivor
>The Last Story Remastered
>Muramasa Resurrection
>Suikoden CV Trailer
>Hogwarts Legacy: Forge A Path
>Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Thrones of Fate

Out of those rumored. These are the ones I hope are true

Power Pro

lkMkF8I.gif

Every time I see 4chan mentioned, I can't help but think of this image :messenger_grinning_sweat:

CamHostage

There are some indies and obscure games on that list though.

By some, do you mean two?

I don't know what Deo/Xocline is supposed to be or in reference to, and Miracle Weavers doesn't sound familiar but turns up a bunch of DOTA 2 search results so maybe the name means something to other people.

Everything else is by a publisher, which just isn't how Keighley books the event, no matter how hard he tries.

At least it's not like the usual 4Chan leak, where about halfway down the list they start rattling off stuff like Dark Souls IV: Kart Edition just to see if people are actually paying attention.

Does the rundown ending with two SEGA DLCs not count as that?

(*I guess it's not technically supposed to be a list of the show in order, but still, a 4CHAN post without a SEGA reference is not a 4CHAN post I've ever read...)

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
4chan rumor and no mention of Dragon's Dogma 2? Weird.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
By some, do you mean two?

I don't know what Deo/Xocline is supposed to be or in reference to, and Miracle Weavers doesn't sound familiar but turns up a bunch of DOTA 2 search results so maybe the name means something to other people.

Everything else is by a publisher, which just isn't how Keighley books the event, no matter how hard he tries.

Does the rundown ending with two SEGA DLCs not count as that?

(*I guess it's not technically supposed to be a list of the show in order, but still, a 4CHAN post without a SEGA reference is not a 4CHAN post I've ever read...)
Murasama is niche, The Last Story is relatively obscure, Sayonara is as indie as it gets, etc.

CamHostage

Murasama is niche, The Last Story is relatively obscure, Sayonara is as indie as it gets, etc.

Published by Marvelous, published by Nintendo, published by Annapurna...

I'm not saying the list isn't creative in its wistfulness, but this is pretty much a smorgasborg of the type of titles 4CHAN posters would come up with as a "I wish this was at the show" list.

(Also, Last Story popped back up into conversation after an Operation Rainfall tribute/summary video which got around recently, so interesting that I haven't heard that name in almost 10 years and yet twice in the past 2 months...)

Look at past year's TGAs, the 2021 or 2020 or 2019 or any other year of TGA announcements. If there's not at least one title from an upstart Eastern European studio or a Chinese/Korean megacorp running a CG trailer for something you've never heard of before, it ain't the TGAs...

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
>Burnout Remake
>Advanced Wars
>The Last Story Remastered
>Muramasa Resurrection
>Metal Gear 3rd Strike
>Suikoden CV Trailer
>Diablo IV Release Date Trailer
>Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Thrones of Fate

giphy.gif

Nautilus

Banned
Published by Marvelous, published by Nintendo, published by Annapurna...

I'm not saying the list isn't creative in its wistfulness, but this is pretty much a smorgasborg of the type of titles 4CHAN posters would come up with as a "I wish this was at the show" list.

(Also, Last Story popped back up into conversation after an Operation Rainfall tribute/summary video which got around recently, so interesting that I haven't heard that name in almost 10 years and yet twice in the past 2 months...)

Look at past year's TGAs, the 2021 or 2020 or 2019 or any other year of TGA announcements. If there's not at least one title from an upstart Eastern European studio or a Chinese/Korean megacorp running a CG trailer for something you've never heard of before, it ain't the TGAs...
Since when Marvelous is this giant publisher? Nobody really knows who owns The Last Story, so it might have nothing to do with Nintendo. And Annapurna became known in what, the last 3 or 4 years? Publishing mostly indies? Your definition of a "big" publisher basically encompass about 80% of the publishers in the industry by how broad it is, its ridiculous.

And even then, those games are niche and many are fairly obscure. It doesn't matter if its being published by Sony or EA. People recognizes IPs, not publishers(For the most part anyway).

And in the end of the day, the TGA is a business. And it became very big, watched by hundreds of millions of people. Unless you are invited to appear there, like some have been, you probably are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, to have a 1 minute trailer there. And what unknown publisher/dev has that kind of money floating around like that?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
At least it's not like the usual 4Chan leak, where about halfway down the list they start rattling off stuff like Dark Souls IV: Kart Edition just to see if people are actually paying attention.

>Metal Gear 3rd Strike

c'mon man. It's right there ..

hlm666

Space Marine 2, better be gameplay footage or we are sending the ultramarines to purge the heretics at TGA.

Nvzman

Metal Gear 3rd Strike sounds so fucking astonishingly stupid that it has to be a meme.
What, are we playing Snake Eater with a parry system now?

Barakov

Gold Member
Metal Gear 3rd strike is a dead giveaway that this is fake. No way they're going to call it(MGS 3 Remake, if that even exists) that. Some of the other things on there sound a bit more plausible, tbh.

ProtoByte

Makes you wonder when the hell PlayStation intends to announce HellDivers 2. Literally had a trailer ready months ago.
What MillieA said about Sony holding back amidst the CMA crap is probably true. Eat your crow, people.

In any case, fake or otherwise, I'd be shocked if we don't see gameplay footage for Wonder Woman. It's been more than 5 years since Monolith released a title.

A dream come true if that list is real.

Ace Attorney 7? Hell yeah.

Fucking The Last Story Remaster? That game was excelent, I don't care what anyone says. The battle system is great and unique. I wished so hard for that game to be a financial success. I would be extremely happy if it had a second chance. I just don't know who owns it. Is it both Mystwalker and Nintendo, or just Mystwalker?

Just seems weird to announce FF IX Remake alongside XVI. Then again, Square announced FF VII Remake 2 alongside XVI, so who knows.

Diablo 4 would be great, a new Tales would be great(after Arise I'm looking forward for new Tales games), that Metal Gear title seems weird, and so many more.

Honestly, it sounds too good to be true, so I'm expecting this to be fake. But its a good and fun fake at least. It dug up some old stuff anyways.

If this list is even half true, it would be a good series of announcements. The only issue is that we would still have to sit through hours of utter trash and cancer that is The Game Awards.

Ol'Scratch

But we know already that Tekken 8 will be there. Namco has pretty much confirmed it.
I am fairly comfortable saying that there will be a Street Fighter 6 reveal also.
Neither of those are mentioned.

TexMex

Advanced Wars isn’t the title, switch wars has been shown a ton and it isn’t going to be at TGA

Top Bottom