• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Allegedly leaked announcements for TGA (4chan)

Pejo

No fucking way it's true. I want at least half of those things on that list.

If Muramasa Resurrection is the 4k version of the vita version of this:

muramasa-rebirth-e1373921569323.jpg

I would just be so damn happy. And there's no way that in the year of our lord 20 and 23 that somethin that good happens to me.

Also new Burnout, Last Story, Suikoden, Metal Gear..... just
fireworks GIF

But that's how I know it's fake. Not in this cursed timeline.

Plus Jeff himself said that the reveals this year weren't as big as in years past.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The only reason I think it’s fake is because no street fighter 6 . Basically every event up to release capcom wants to show off characters. Seems odd to not do the game awards.

Boss Man

I’m assuming we already know what FFIX is there for and it’s not very exciting? Would be neat to get a remaster in the style of something like Bravely Default some day.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

They missed this. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Guy gave himself an out by saying something to the effect of "there's probably more that'll be up later".

Here are my predictions:

- Star Wars Fallen Order 2 Gameplay trailer
- Spiderman 2
- Metal Gear Solid Remake
- Hellblade 2
- Death Stranding 2
- Horizon 2 DLC
- Perfect Dark
- Dragon Age
- ND's new IP teaser
You know better than that. Death Stranding aside, Sony will premier nothing at Geoff Keighley's shill night.

Kimahri

Banned
To be fair, it WAS on the NVIDIA leak list a while back. And almost every one of the games that were on the list has come true.
Plus, there is that animated show based on it that was announced.. last year?

If they're doing cross media stuff for it, not that surprising they're doing the game as well

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Regarding Metal gear "3rd strike" :
-1st MGS on PSX = 1st strike
-Twin snakes remake on GC = 2nd strike
- A new remake would be considered as a "3rd strike" , kinda simple really.

Not that it means anything since this rumour is most probably bullshit, still...

CamHostage

But that's how I know it's fake. Not in this cursed timeline.

Plus Jeff himself said that the reveals this year weren't as big as in years past.

Backing up a sec to be clear, Keighley said the show would be "shorter" and that there would be "fewer bigger games" featured. He did not make a qualitative statement about the games that will be there (and would be crazy to do so since he still wants watchers plus that would be insulting to the gets he got, although he has has tried to tamper down the overhype in the past.)

https://www.psu.com/news/geoff-keig...ards-will-be-significantly-shorter-this-year/

"One thing we’re doing this year is we’re trying to make the show a little bit shorter. I won’t say anything officially until we’re through our rehearsals, but we think it’s going to be a significantly shorter show this year.
We think there’s been a little bit of fatigue about how long the show has been, there are lots of games and lots of things that want to be a part of it, but we’re cutting back on those things to hopefully have a bit more of a streamlined show. We definitely have cut back pretty significantly in terms of the runtime on the show and just you know kind of fewer games, fewer bigger games that’ll be in there."

...Still a fake 4CHAN list, but just fyi.

Regarding Metal gear "3rd strike" :
-1st MGS on PSX = 1st strike
-Twin snakes remake on GC = 2nd strike
- A new remake would be considered as a "3rd strike" , kinda simple really.

Not that it means anything since this rumour is most probably bullshit, still...

+1 "foul ball"

U8piGcT.jpg

Last edited:

AGNT4SD6

Neo Member
How dare Nintendo give us “The Last Story Remastered” before they give us a “Metroid Prime Trilogy Remastered” if that’s true. 😂 Nobody was asking for that while the masses are crying out for Metroid Prime.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Only thing going for this to make it real...

How lackluster the announcements are that the one big commercial show is known for, more often than not.

I'm still in for Jedi Survivor though, not gonna lie.

Last edited:

consoul

As if Geoff's gonna hype some Konami spits-on-your-grave Metal Gear money grab with his boy Hideo in town. Never gonna happen.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Lol you are setting yourself up for massive disappointment
It's 2022. The year of massive disappointments. Only fair to end it on a big disappointment.

That said, Fallen Order 2, Death Stranding 2 and HFW DLC are pretty much confirmed to be there and Keighley always brings the goods at these shows. Matrix was a massive surprise last year and made it all worth it. Im expecting a big announcement from Sony at the end of the show. Either ND's next game or Spiderman 2.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I thought exactly the same thing. The PS5/XBSX has been the most boring console generation ever.
Its like the industry collectively said, “why make big games anymore when we can make shitty live service games and cg trailers? We will let the indie market carry us so we dont need to try anymore”

Top Bottom