• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

Kill3r7

That also likely means whatever deal they have on the Xbox One will be gone before anyone else has a chance to see it.

Very rarely do they sellout of consoles when running such deals. The only question is how long will the window be.

DWinn7

If the Vizio 55" TV is the E-Series, that's a pretty solid TV for the price. I've been pretty happy with mine and it's great for gaming. Would have liked to have saved nearly $200 on it by waiting but I needed a TV 3 months ago not next week.

I was hoping to see some game deals in here, but looks like I'm going to have to stay close to CAG and other sites on and around Black Friday.

You sound like me. I bought mine in August, calibrated it, and have been in love lol. I may get another one for the bedroom.

junglist

I definately want to get an amazon fire tv.

Mario Kart 8, smash bros,

and some cheap deals for ps4 and xbone games.... ahhh i guess being prime kinda does pay off...

that 4k tv deal... whooooo ... maybe next black friday

SerTapTap

Potentially interested in that 65" if it's not insta-sold out. Man I hate shopping

Interested in game deals.

Those will...happen...right?

Interesting...these deals will happen between now, and black Friday, so some of them will go up early...

TV deals look great as always, but I am curious to know more about the X1 deal.
"Our lowest price ever" -I'm guessing that means $330

"$150 of digital content" ...this is tricky...AC Unity = $60, AC BF = $60 (or less), but even at $60, it still would only be $120, so that means that it could be anything really...

Also, no PS4 or Wii U deals???
3DS?? Anyone??

Derpyduck

Banned
Interesting...these deals will happen between now, and black Friday, so some of them will go up early...

TV deals look great as always, but I am curious to know more about the X1 deal.
"Our lowest price ever" -I'm guessing that means $330

"$150 of digital content" ...this is tricky...AC Unity = $60, AC BF = $60 (or less), but even at $60, it still would only be $120, so that means that it could be anything really...

3DS?? Anyone??
How can there be deals on items Amazon doesn't even stock?

tebunker

Banned
Doesn't Amazon try to match or be in line with other retailers for BF as well?

There are some things I want to get but I don't want to fight crowds and I am willing to pay a little more if Amazon is close

Petrie

Banned
I definately want to get an amazon fire tv.

Mario Kart 8, smash bros,

and some cheap deals for ps4 and xbone games.... ahhh i guess being prime kinda does pay off...

that 4k tv deal... whooooo ... maybe next black friday

This is the only game I 100% expect no deals to be seen on.

Eh I'll snatch up a Samsung for around $300 if they're available. I just don't want any sort of delay on my screen because I probably won't use it for any sort of TV watching.

Sony TV's are the best in regards to input latency.

Some samsung models are up there with em, but all in all Sony TV's are fantastic for gaming

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

You'll see other companies first but then notice they are real small TV's, Once you get into the 40+ inch range, Sony begins to show up a whole lot more

So these deals are starting tomorrow? I don't see any specifics on when the TVs and other hot ticket items will be on sale.

Edit:
Ah... I see. Have to keep an eye on lightening deals.

I have a 60' Vizio that I'm totally content with, but that deal on the Samsung 4K is killer. I might have to jump on it if I can.

Smokey

That 55 inch 4K samsung for less then a grand is amazing

That 65 inch for sub $700 is amazing too

I only buy Samsung and Sony though, for input lag purposes. But man ... that is tempting. Thats a massive TV

Samsung has god awful input lag. I've had a LED from them going on 4 years now. Never again.

Derpyduck

Banned
Sony TV's are the best in regards to input latency.

Some samsung models are up there with em, but all in all Sony TV's are fantastic for gaming

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

You'll see other companies first but then notice they are real small TV's, Once you get into the 40+ inch range, Sony begins to show up a whole lot more

Pretty much every Samsung has a Game mode, so that's not an issue. Price is an issue, and that's why Samsung is a success and Sony loses boatloads of money each year on TVs.

noquarter

Does anyone know if you're considered a Prime Member if you're just a family member of someone with Prime? In other words, I have a sister who pays for Prime and Amazon allows her to link my account to hers so I can benefit from the shipping perks but my account doesn't get access to the videos etc.
Don't believe you are, you just get the free 2-day shipping.

tebunker

Banned
Also anyone expecting a good Nintendo deal doesn't understand the poor relationship between Amazon and Nintendo

Amazon US doesn't even sell the WiiU only though the market place

Crawl

I wonder how long that 65" LG tv will last. Hoping I can get one before they run out. How fast do TV deals usually go in years past?

Gurish

Will there be any digital deals for PS4? Their digital store has been awful with almost no worthy deals since the console launched.

Derpyduck

Banned
Will there be any digital deals for PS4? Their digital store has been awful with almost no worthy deals since the console launched.

Yeah, it's really been a disappointment. Last year when it was announced that Amazon was going to have a digital PS4 store it was thought that it would be a great thing, but it's turned out to be crap. They've never given me a reason to order from them instead of directly from PSN.

Busaiku

Any way to check which TVs they're talking about exactly?
Need to know if I should bother getting if the lag is really bad.

Pretty much every Samsung has a Game mode, so that's not an issue. Price is an issue, and that's why Samsung is a success and Sony loses boatloads of money each year on TVs.

Pardon the pun, but Samsung still lag behind Sony TV's in almost all cases. Game mode doesn't eliminate input lag, it just mitigates it a bit.

tw1164

All I wanted this BF was a deal on playstation plus, no seems to be offering it. Everyone had it for $30 last year.

SerTapTap

3DS?? Anyone??

They'll probably put up those Family/GTA PS4 bundles and be done with it. Not sure anyone keeps excessive stock of Wii U anymore to put firesale prices on 'em. Same with Vita, hard enough to find a new one half the time. Plenty of places have had (mild) 3DS XL and 2DS discounts though

Eggbok

Where the video games at?
where-the-video-games-o.gif

Ifrit

So, no vita deals?

Are these really all the deals that will be available on BF? (not counting lighting deals of course)

Gurish

Yeah, it's really been a disappointment. Last year when it was announced that Amazon was going to have a digital PS4 store it was thought that it would be a great thing, but it's turned out to be crap. They've never given me a reason to order from them instead of directly from PSN.
Yeah everyone believed they are going to break the market, how wrong we all were, their prices are so bad that most of the time it's cheaper to buy a physical copy than a digital code, their digital store is a joke.

Instro

So, no vita deals?

Are these really all the deals that will be available on BF? (not counting lighting deals of course)

The press release outright says that its a partial list...Amazon will likely match anything that is going on elsewhere as well.

Nice they are price matching the Element 40 inch TV that Target is offering.
I am so ready! Now to decide to go for $120 or $200 TV...

Top Bottom