• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

Looking for some type of 50 inch tv this year. Excited. Anyone worried about transporting the electronics I'll tell you this; I worked at UPS last year at Christmas and they do take care of the items in the truck. Always used the carts for large times like tvs. You'll be fine.

I'm with Hades. I've never had a problem getting any Lightning deal on Amazon that I wanted. Add to cart immediately and then decide if the price is right, you'll have 15 minutes to decide. Admittedly I've never tried to score a big ticket item like a TV before but for games and such the past several years it has been no issue.

anyone have any kind of idea when these items will be going on sale over the next week? The wife wants to get rid of our 32" TUBE tv in the bedroom. Its been a good bugger for 11 or 12 years, but we both want it gone.

I don't know if people have some sort of tricks or impossibly good luck but I've tried for the last two years to get a TV from Amazon and failed both times. I'm sitting there watching the counter tick down, and as soon as it hits zero I try to add it to my cart but by time it finishes loading (we're talking maybe one second) it's already gone.

Cool...Do I have to checkout fast or will it hold as soon as it's added to my shopping cart?

It is safe in your cart for a specific time limit, which I believe they show you. You don't need to rush like crazy but I think its a few minutes rather than indefinite.

I don't remember the specifics because I tend to order right away since you can cancel anytime prior to the start of the shipping process.

They haven't done this whole prime headstart thing before so they may have different practices and policies this year.

The only time I can recall having problems buying from Amazon was at the height of the Wii shortages. They would get shipments that would instantly disappear and you had to be lucky to get in even if you clicked the very second the item was available. But that wasn't a black friday thing, just a Wii shortage and demand issue.

vesvci

Banned
I might pick up the Toshiba TV, if I can.

I'm really waiting on some PSN+ deals, damn it. I missed out last year on the $30 deals.

It is safe in your cart for a specific time limit, which I believe they show you. You don't need to rush like crazy but I think its a few minutes rather than indefinite.

I don't remember the specifics because I tend to order right away since you can cancel anytime prior to the start of the shipping process.

They haven't done this whole prime headstart thing before so they may have different practices and policies this year.

The only time I can recall having problems buying from Amazon was at the height of the Wii shortages. They would get shipments that would instantly disappear and you had to be lucky to get in even if you clicked the very second the item was available. But that wasn't a black friday thing, just a Wii shortage and demand issue.

awesome...now I'm just hoping that they'll throw in a little something extra on top of the GTAV/TLOU deal since every other retailer is offering the same thing.

BioHazard

I've never ordered anything big like a TV on Amazon. Does anyone living in a city area or an apartment have experience with this. UPS usually delivers when I'm at work so I don't know what they'd do, they obviously can't leave it. Is it possible to set up a time and date like on a weekend or something, or do I have to take a day off or leave early? If I can set up a time and date, how good are they about meeting that? Anyone in a similar situation?

Derpyduck

Banned
I've never ordered anything big like a TV on Amazon. Does anyone living in a city area or an apartment have experience with this. UPS usually delivers when I'm at work so I don't know what they'd do, they obviously can't leave it. Is it possible to set up a time and date like on a weekend or something, or do I have to take a day off or leave early? If I can set up a time and date, how good are they about meeting that? Anyone in a similar situation?

Big items will often ship via a specialty carrier, and they'll contact you before they deliver.

Kolgar

I ordered a 46" set from Amazon a few years back. Great experience. They had a specialty carrier come out with "white-glove service." They set a time, came in, unboxed it and put it in place. One of the guys wasn't great with his hands--I didn't see any gloves and he left a smudge on the bezel--but other than that, I was thrilled with the experience.

Aeqvitas

I don't see the point in posting all the non-gaming deals here. I'm sure everyone here was dying to see that they can get a toothbrush holder for 67% off.

OmegaDL50

Any information available on that 50 Inch Toshiba TV?

Is it 120hz? What is the contrast ratio? What type of panel

I'd at least hope a model number so I can research it's specs. Stuff like HDMI ports and whatnot.

I know $200 is a great deal on a name branded TV, but I still am cautious. I've been looking for just about any excuse to upgrade from my 32"

I don't want to wait until the last second and buy it blindly.

//ARCANUM

2 Questions:

1. Anyone know how that $199 Toshiba 50" TV is for gaming? I know its not going to be the greatest thing in the world at $199, but is it decent at least? I just want to play some FPS on it and have fun.

2. Anyone know a good way to track these deals and stay on top of them? I work all day so I can't be refreshing constantly, but I can rush to the computer and make a purchase, if I am able to be alerted when it is happening.

edit - i see this page (http://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday/b?node=384082011&tag=viglink20241-20) but its kind of a mess of stuff. where should I be checking back on to check on TV deals/lightning deals specifically?

Davey Cakes

Samsung TV preorders are up!

Not all the choices are available though. The 40" I wanted isn't part of the preorder special but my brother convinced me to just go for the 32".

Karram

So is there a way to set a notification on Dragon age and Far cry so whenever they go on sale I get an email or text ?

garath

Some good deals. I'm just looking for a cheap 40" for the office. Be able to throw the game console on the spare TV instead of monopolizing the main TV.

//ARCANUM

Anyone know if you're allowed to buy more than 1 of these lightning deals? Want to pick up the $199 tv for myself and 1 for my friend.

Goddamnit.

I am pissed that I'm moving for a new job the Wednesday after Black Friday. All my money is going into a security deposit to hold my apartment on the 25th.

I guess I'll end up buying FFX, PS Plus and an electric toothbrush for full price next year once I settle in.

Dartastic

I want any of the under $200 TV deals in the OP. Will any of them go live early? I'm kinda confused as to when this will happen with Black Friday stuff happening early.

//ARCANUM

I want any of the under $200 TV deals in the OP. Will any of them go live early? I'm kinda confused as to when this will happen with Black Friday stuff happening early.

From the looks of it - any time between tomorrow (friday the 21st) and black friday itself

Top Bottom