• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

That Snapchat feature is so stupid , use Instagram instead

I took a pic of my pillow to start a conversation with the amazon snap chat lol

Let's see what deals the release through that

rainy_day

My 7 year old Samsung might be getting replaced this year. Not sure if I should go the cheap $199 50" or go for the pricier TVs......

If its the 2 hdmi Toshiba that's a no go. If its the 3 hdmi Toshiba that might make me pull the trigger.

Time will tell. Thanks for this post!

Otheradam

Amazon has been really lazy with their BF deals in the last few years. All they do is price match all the big boxes as lightning deals.

Syrus

Banned
That Xbox one deal sounds great. If the unity bundle is counting towards 150$ then it sounds like unity + free game. It may be better then that

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I promised myself I wouldn't indulge in Black Friday deals this year after buying DA and LBP3, but man, the temptation...

codhand

oh fuck yes Lincoln Logs Redwood set!!!! I am all over that, like, logs...on...lincoln?

these deals are ass

How do I find a schedule of things? I'm trying to tell when the Harry Potter: Page to Screen thing would be on sale. Girlfriend's a huge Harry Potter geek.

Ogawa-san

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping for a knockdown of the DS3 bundle as well. Hoping drops to $70 or something :-(
The bundle dropped from $139 to $99 last week, and it seems to be a permanent drop. That's why it's unlikely to get a better deal now.

That and the fact that any cheaper would mean getting a free PSTV with your DS3 purchase.
How hard is it to score on deals? I've never shopped at amazon for BF... I'm hoping to score a PS4 for cheap
Managing to get 2 PS+ codes for $30 (or $35) each last year was quite the adventure. Amazon would be less hammered by a DDoS.

Davey Cakes

If by some miracle I can get it, I'm picking up a TV. Any TV.
I hope they don't sell out in five minutes or something. As a Prime member I'm praying that I'll get early access and be able to grab a TV for that great price.

Does anyone have experience with these sorts of deals? Do they typically go up in the middle of the night or something?

Petrie

Banned
I hope they don't sell out in five minutes or something. As a Prime member I'm praying that I'll get early access and be able to grab a TV for that great price.

Does anyone have experience with these sorts of deals? Do they typically go up in the middle of the night or something?

You will have about 5 seconds to get in on the deal.

How hard is it to score on deals? I've never shopped at amazon for BF... I'm hoping to score a PS4 for cheap

Don't listen to people making it out to be harder than it really is.

I have never had any trouble doing all of my Black Friday shopping on Amazon. You will tend to know exactly when a sale goes live hours ahead of time so you just need to make sure you are there to click on it as soon as it starts.

This is how I do all my holiday shopping and I have never failed to get a deal. Not once. The only sales that will be particularly fast are on the very large items like consoles or tvs, and even then it varies based on how big the deal is. The 32 in HDTV deal happens every year and I always get one without any trouble. It goes very quickly but it isn't difficult at all to just click BUY at the right time.

If you are looking for a PS4, then I think getting the deal will be much less of an issue than actually being happy with the price. There doesn't seem to be a big chance of any massive savings on the system from what I can tell. If you just want one of the BF bundles then I think you will be able to do it easily assuming 2 things.

1. You are a prime member (this year they get early access).
2. You make sure to be there to click BUY as soon as the sale goes live.

With that in mind, you shouldn't have any trouble.

inki

OMG if this Samsung 55-inch Smart LED 4K Ultra HD TV, $899 is this I think I'm going to get it!

And if y'all don't have a NEST yet, you need to get it at that price. Love mine.

Anyone planning on doing a thread for those big items, announcing times, etc?

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
That 4k curved... hhhnngg! Kind of scared of buying a tv from amazon. Wont it get all beat up on delivery?
If it does, their returns policy will cover it. I would imagine Amazon ships millions of high-end products a year, if they mostly arrived broken, I doubt Amazon would be shipping millions of high-end products a year. Their customer service chat is also top notch.

shoplifter

I've bought two TVs from Amazon. The first one arrived essentially DOA (a known issue with the model, not due to shipping) and Amazon replaced it next day air with no issues.

I have no qualms about buying another from them.

Don't listen to people making it out to be harder than it really is.

I have never had any trouble doing all of my Black Friday shopping on Amazon. You will tend to know exactly when a sale goes live hours ahead of time so you just need to make sure you are there to click on it as soon as it starts.

This is how I do all my holiday shopping and I have never failed to get a deal. Not once. The only sales that will be particularly fast are on the very large items like consoles or tvs, and even then it varies based on how big the deal is. The 32 in HDTV deal happens every year and I always get one without any trouble. It goes very quickly but it isn't difficult at all to just click BUY at the right time.

If you are looking for a PS4, then I think getting the deal will be much less of an issue than actually being happy with the price. There doesn't seem to be a big chance of any massive savings on the system from what I can tell. If you just want one of the BF bundles then I think you will be able to do it easily assuming 2 things.

1. You are a prime member (this year they get early access).
2. You make sure to be there to click BUY as soon as the sale goes live.

With that in mind, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Cool...Do I have to checkout fast or will it hold as soon as it's added to my shopping cart?

shoplifter

It depends. Usually the flash deals stay in your cart for X minutes. I think it's 15 but they might change that for the BF deals.

Sai

Ugh. Does anybody know what exactly is included with that Xbox One? If the Master Chief Collection's a part of it, I must have it.

My Prime just ran out too. Spending another $80 just to get first dibs would kind of defeat the purpose, I think. >_<

[EDIT] - Dang it. Forgot it was $100 now. Gimme a free trial, Amazon; just for Black Friday... ;_;

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Those TV deals are pretty damn awesome.

We currently have a 24 inch 1080p Samsung, a 40 inch 1080p Samsung, and a 40 inch 720p Samsung. The 720p set I've had since 2007, and I'm looking to replace it with a new 1080p set.

Our apartment isn't big enough for a TV larger than 42" but man, that 50" Toshiba is amazingly tempting.

Bsigg12

OMG if this Samsung 55-inch Smart LED 4K Ultra HD TV, $899 is this I think I'm going to get it!

And if y'all don't have a NEST yet, you need to get it at that price. Love mine.

Anyone planning on doing a thread for those big items, announcing times, etc?

I'm pretty sure that's the one being offered for $1289 since it specifically says curved.

inki

Any chance I'll get some money back having recently bought an Xbone for $349?

Most Stores will price match up to 30 days in the past (NOT DOORBUSTERS) so if you see it elsewhere cheaper you may get lucky. Visit the retailer you bought it from and see what their policy is.

Top Bottom