• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An object "the size of a small car" has been shot down over Alaska. Confirmed by Pentagon.

badblue

oIFHjRW.gif

kyle hill fallout GIF by Because Science

Here I was thinking we were going to get WW3 but really we're going to start AW1 (Alien War 1).

RIP alien dudes :alien:

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
And that’s why they won’t let us have flying cars.
1.3 million people die worldwide each year from traffic related injuries from vehicles that can't fly. Now imagine if those cars killing people on the ground were missiles falling from the sky. That's why humanity can't have flying cars. We can barely handle ones that roll.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
1.3 million people die worldwide each year from traffic related injuries from vehicles that can't fly. Now imagine if those cars killing people on the ground were missiles falling from the sky. That's why humanity can't have flying cars. We can barely handle ones that roll.

Cars are highly inefficient as is. But alas. Unless there's a complete infrastructural overhaul including a complete reset of how we use the land for housing and workplaces we cannot introduce a highly efficient train system that consists of large cabins that are comfortable and private we're stuck doing 60mph on 1 road each going the opposite direction with a relative small margin for error regarding the space between said opposing vehicles.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Cars are highly inefficient as is. But alas. Unless there's a complete infrastructural overhaul including a complete reset of how we use the land for housing and workplaces we cannot introduce a highly efficient train system that consists of large cabins that are comfortable and private we're stuck doing 60mph on 1 road each going the opposite direction with a relative small margin for error regarding the space between said opposing vehicles.
This is how the dystopia starts. They tell us we all have to move to cities because the efficiencies will ensure the longevity of humanity then we all end up living in skyscraper slums while the government and corpos take all the money and live in a space station. I hope I can be in the government or be a corpo.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
This is how the dystopia starts. They tell us we all have to move to cities because the efficiencies will ensure the longevity of humanity then we all end up living in skyscraper slums while the government and corpos take all the money and live in a space station. I hope I can be in the government or be a corpo.

It doesn't have to be that way. My described scenario comes from a science fiction book i read when I was around 16yrs.

In short; a man got a tour on a UFO via some VR esque way of their homeworld. Very deep and detailed regarding there ethics, spirituality, philosophy and the nuts and bolts like my example above. It has always stuck with me.

But you would be right when operating from within our current level of civilization.

dave_d

I've noticed a large percentage of drivers can't figure out to not stop on the train tracks so I can only imagine what other stuff they'd do if cars flew. (Hell, a huge number can't take a turn correctly.)

LimanimaPT

My friend pointed out to me the other day that when we were kayaking in May of '21, we saw a large white circle in the sky. We all joked about it being aliens but with the recent news of the spy balloon, I'm wondering if it was that.

Here's a pic of what we saw:
iuLnily.jpg

A clear blue sky?

Jsisto

My friend pointed out to me the other day that when we were kayaking in May of '21, we saw a large white circle in the sky. We all joked about it being aliens but with the recent news of the spy balloon, I'm wondering if it was that.

Here's a pic of what we saw:
iuLnily.jpg
That’s clearly a sky jellyfish. Stop spreading harmful disinformation.

Mobilemofo

Somebody should do a "reconstruction" video, with " ammmeriiiccca!!! Fuck yeah!!" Cutting in when the fighter plane shoots it down. 😆

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's okay. I'm down with a general idea you have.

You must know by know I'm way past UFO's as something mysterious and how I have my thoughts about the several ways said phenomena can be interpreted.

I'm also not blind so if you don't respond that's fine as well.

Last edited:

PSYGN

I don't even know why they disclosed this to the public if they aren't telling us what it was. Even the government's being tugging at the hype machine lately.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's okay. I'm down with a general idea you have.

You must know by know I'm way past UFO's as something mysterious and how I have my thoughts about the several ways said phenomena can be interpreted.

I'm also not blind so if you don't respond that's fine as well.

Shame. You do you tho

Chittagong

Gold Member
China mapping out US and Canadian defences. Threshold for interception, methods of interception, interception delay, airfields used, chain of command, publicity policy… a lot of stuff to be learned while keeping plausible deniability with “weather balloons gone awol”

Top Bottom