• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Patch Tomorrow - Fixes XSX Screen Tearing, Adds Next-Gen 30fps Quality Mode

I already forgot the initial analysis of this game. Doesn’t it currently hover between 1440p and 1620p on PS5 and XsX while maintaining 60 pretty well? Or am I forgetting flaws?

radewagon

quality mode is 30fps on a 500 dollar state OF the art console?... WTF. Please tell me that is only applies on the series s...

Resources are finite. There is nothing wrong with a mode that sacrifices performance gains in order to increase image quality. Conversely, the opposite is also true. I am glad that we live in an age where console titles are finally letting the user choose a preference as to where the game allocates its resources.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm just wondering, what if MS gave devs a big incentive to patch and rework the engine with optimizations for XSX ? The comparison wouldn't make sense any more unless PS5 receive the same treatment. Thoughts ?
I’m not sure because MS is helping the Dirt 5 devs too but the new patch only list improves in PS5 performance.

The fact Ms is having to help devs feels a lot like PS4/XB1 and show the capabilities of each hardware.

I believe it will be fine... devs are trying to reach parity making Series X catch PS5 but you can just go until some point due the bigger PS5 hardware potential.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Please tell me series x visual fidelity will stay the same when eliminating screen tear. If they lower the res to sort that and the current visuals are only possible at 30fps i might cry

The PS5 version has tearing too.

Nothing as crazy as the XSX version.

Also they only mentioned screen tearing for the patch on the Series consoles not the PS5. They could improve it on the PS5 as well but they didn't mention it in the source.

• (Xbox Series) Improved experience on Xbox Series S | X consoles including screen tearing

MrFunSocks MrFunSocks hey you can see Digital Foundrys analysis if you want. Screen tearing is much worse on the XSX then the PS5. Which is why I'm not surprised that the patch includes a fix for it. But if you want to laugh at the XSX because of it that's on you.

Last edited:

priba76br

Neo Member
I’m not sure because MS is helping the Dirt 5 devs too but the new patch only list improves in PS5 performance.

The fact Ms is having to help devs feels a lot like PS4/XB1 and show the capabilities of each hardware.

I believe it will be fine... devs are trying to reach parity making Series X catch PS5 but you can just go until some point due the bigger PS5 hardware potential.
Bigger PS5 potential? XBOX in theory has more untapped potential and unused performance/efficiency features than PS5, at least on paper.

AnotherOne

And some of you thought it was all over and xsx was weak or some retarded shit..like fuck anyone with more than 2 brain cells can see all these launch games will get a patch, dirt 5 is next.

THEAP99

Banned
PLease tell me that this will fix that awful audio??? Also, wtf 4k dynamic 60fps still better be a choice

Bigger PS5 potential? XBOX in theory has more untapped potential and unused performance/efficiency features than PS5, at least on paper.

Wasting your time mate, if every single multiplat from now to PS6 performs better on XSX all you will hear about is the two weeks where PS5 had a fractional advantage, and how devs are now crippling PS5 versions for some nefarious reason, completely ignoring the obvious power difference between the two.

BeardGawd

Banned
Interesting... if the patch is good this might push me to pick it up!

Any Black Friday sales for this game?

Edit: I had no idea the PS5 version has so much tearing? It hasn't been mentioned much...

Last edited:

makaveli60

Oh my God, this game just keeps on delivering after the abomination that Odyssey was. PS5 30fps quality mode here we go

Krisprolls

Banned
There's no miracle, if they fixed tearing on XSX, it means they dropped the res further on that platform. They also could have dropped the framerate, but apparently they decided to go with 2 modes instead, one being 30 fps and one being 60 fps.

The difference with PS5 version should be even more staggering.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Wasting your time mate, if every single multiplat from now to PS6 performs better on XSX all you will hear about is the two weeks where PS5 had a fractional advantage, and how devs are now crippling PS5 versions for some nefarious reason, completely ignoring the obvious power difference between the two.

Every thread is basically boiling down to a war between the consoles its fucking pathetic really. Its an enthusiast forum for GAMING you would think ppl would want to revel in their hobby. But no, full of mugs trying to prove their toy is better than yours. It ruins forums and basically shows how immature and petty gaming communities are. GAF is no different than era or gfaqs in this regard, the nature of the internet I guess.

Genx3

I expect significantly better performance on XSX or devs are lazy as hell.
There 2 extra TF's there, more RT HW and an extra 125 GBPS bandwidth.
No excuses.

MastAndo

Good stuff. It's a pretty great game despite what GAF says, but one that is definitely in need of a patch or 10.

priba76br

Neo Member
I’ve just noticed that performance mode is also available on series S now. The default is performance on PS5 and series X and quality is the default on series S. Does this mean series S will also support 60FPS?

Freeman76

Nothing as crazy as the XSX version.

Also they only mentioned screen tearing for the patch on the Series consoles not the PS5. They could improve it on the PS5 as well but they didn't mention it in the source.

MrFunSocks MrFunSocks hey you can see Digital Foundrys analysis if you want. Screen tearing is much worse on the XSX then the PS5. Which is why I'm not surprised that the patch includes a fix for it. But if you want to laugh at the XSX because of it that's on you.

Mrfucsocks is blind and the gaming equivalent of a flatearther. Had this argument and blocked him a while bk as he mocked me repeatedly for reporting the XSX screentear which he refuses to believe exists.

Last edited:
Mrfucsocks is blind and the gaming equivalent of a flatearther. Had this argument and blocked him a while bk as he mocked me repeatedly for reporting the XSX screentear which he refuses to believe exists.

That was the worst issue with the XSX version. Some people even stopped playing the game because it was so bad.

I'm not knocking the hardware here but Ubisoft should have done a much better job with the screen tearing.

Hopefully this patch fixes this issue because I know it's the only one that's ruining the game for people.

spartan30gr

The game is running great on ps5.Why to choose fidelity mode for only 30 frames per second ?This not make sense for me.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
Ok.But i prefer 60 frames per second for this game with dynamic resolution.

Yeah I'm with you but having options is always good. PS5 version is the best performing AC to date on consoles, next one will be 30 fps most likely.

I wonder what effect that V-sync will have on performance and resolution.

Massive amount of input lag, PC version is unplayable to me with it, VRR (GS) is the only option. This is strange that almost all PS5 and XSX games so far have screen tearing, most last gen games were vsynced, masive screen tearing reminds me PS360 games.

Top Bottom