• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banned from ResetEra for wanting to play Hogwarts Legacy

Have you ever been banned from ResetEra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Yes, I "poked the bear" by saying I want to play a video game. On absolutely no forum should someone be banned because they want to play a Harry Potter game. But by all means, please continue to be a ResetEra apologist.

A video game from a creator that is persona non-grata on that forum and has been for quite some time. So yeah, you knew what you were doing when you went there and are now walking around pseudo-befuddled that you got the exact reaction you knew you were going to get.

. . .however if you're "Just asking questions", start a thread here about why you think Console X is better than Console Y and see how far that gets you. Apologist indeed.

They seem to have made an impressively deep impression on you lot. I can't figure out if the whining here is justified without checking it out, so I guess someday I probably will.

avin

The obsession some people on this forum have for a forum they have no interest in propping up is absolutely wild.

CGiRanger

Banned
Reminds me of this priceless South Park episode:

south-park-trans-athlete-strong-woman-competition.gif

South-Park-transge%CC%81nero-1024x556.png

The whole culture of everyone must all be on the same page or you will be ostracized/cancelled is just tiresome. People see things differently, and whether we like their views or not, they are entitled to think whatever they want...and express those views. Maybe people are sometimes bigoted jerks or insufferable in their own ways, but so what?!? People have always been assholes and no amount of policing will ever change that.

i requested them to close my account...after the utter tom foolery surrounding the CyberPunk OT.
i got many warnings and temp bans. Too numerous to remember all probably.

one was a temp ban for calling Jason Schrier a gossiping little worm
i got in trouble for mentioning Obama/Biden administrations drone strikes on civilians in the Presidential election thread
i got in trouble for having a Washington Redskins avatar. which i had since the day that site opened. And then years later all of a sudden it was deemed racist and they removed it.. Despite it being the same image as the buffalo nickel and designed by a gd native american.

bunch of random downplaying "insert this niche group" things.

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
I think I mentioned I was Israeli and gave some facts about the middle east conflict. I'm not going to stand around and say nothing when I see anti semitism and racist rhetoric in any place.

Obviously I was permabanned. Racist, hateful cunts.

One huge AAA title per quarter is....weak? Look at Nintendo and Xbox... it's more than fine

This was the post that banned me from there for real, when i quoted someone that said PS5's line up after their last showcase in September last year was weak because it seemed like they had 1 huge AAA title per quarter.

They considered this post...get ready: "Console warring; long history of similar behavior for console warring and trolling" when all i was saying is that Sony could compete with their competitors and wasn't lagging behind...They decided that my post wasn't even a little bit ambiguous and that i was trashing the competition for "no games"...and banned me just like that. No warning, no thing. You can totally see i meant they were all fine. I wasn't making a joke, no funny meme, nothing. But decided to go for their own narrative. My "long history of similar behavior" isn't much different.

Just for fun...this was my first ban btw...get ready:

Context. Someone made a topic with this following title, which i will quote word by word: "#CrunchNoMore I will not buy Last of Us 2. Join me". No joke. THIS was the title.
I simply showed up, quoted a guy that i agreed with. And for stating something true (lets face it, most people there with a PS4 played it, lmao who tf was thinking about crunch at Naughty Dog when TLOU2 came out?

lol.png

After this ban i was branded as a console warrior on every single ban even without mentioning any other brand here because i had previously done it in this very first ban...when well...i didn't.

Last edited:
that thread over there on the swimming shit.....is a real fcken dose of psychosis.

bro, if the govt ever let me play in a womens league. I would shatter every record they ever had. Softball....basketball...field hockey...whatever. They would have to retire my jersey. i'd be the best of all time

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I had an account early on. I didn’t post much, didn’t even think about it for many months.

When I decided to engage on forums again I chose GAF. I had an old account back in day (which I forgot, old ISP email, etc), but I barely posted anyway so I made this new account. I remember it being a fun place to lurk and steal gifs from during E3 and such.

So, I noticed quickly the old ResetEra thread here. I started engaging, because what little I remembered from the forum it had lame moderation. I tried to logon to my Era account and saw it had been banned. I hadn’t even posted in months, and didn’t post aside from like asking for game advice or something. I don’t even recall the van reason - something about trolling or something.

So that’s my unnecessarily long Era story 🕹

A.Romero

I have an account since it was created but I think I never posted anything. Having been there in years.

I sometimes read stuff through a Twitter account named ResetERA takes or something like. Pretty crazy shit.

Braag

Never been banned in any forum. But I did stop visiting Era mainly because I wanted to talk about Cyberpunk 2077 and they really wanted to silence people from talking about that game. Overall everyone just went berserk when it was mentioned so I didn't feel like I could really discuss games there like before as discussing games is the only reason I visit forums.

ShadowLag

Never been banned. I created an account there at the start of it thinking it was curtains for GAF. I barely ever posted, but lurked for a long time. I watched it devolve into a pit of self agrandizing total insanity, finally got disgusted one day and posted about how hostile I felt it had become, and immediately came back to GAF. I haven't been on the site for a really long time, no urge whatsoever.

It's actually hilarious hearing from you guys about how much worse it's managed to get since then.

Reallink

In the grand scheme of batshit crazy, TERFypotter bans are actually some of the less ridiculous they've handed out.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Console warring or trolling? I bet one of those were the reasons. Only 2 expressions they know lmao
Both… I was banned once for suggesting it was stupid whining about stores on pc… I was also banned for saying apple was trash and had horrible app policies. that was banned as platform warring

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
I am serious, what is ResetEra? I assume is the other side of the extreme strectrum of neogaf? I do not wanna google it.
Also someone from here did asked me if I was in there... you know - the thread where all the guys are sad because women on video games are ugly.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I asked for an account deletion after the sale (and my thread ban for laughing my ass off at the suckers).

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
I am serious, what is ResetEra? I assume is the other side of the extreme strectrum of neogaf? I do not wanna google it.
Also someone from here did asked me if I was in there... you know - the thread where all the guys are sad because women on video games are ugly.
Tbh, it’s the most mainstream gaming forum rn.
The users are mostly straight cis middle class male with some minority person here and there.
The biggest problem with era is that they pretend they care about minorities when the vast majority of them couldn’t care less, specially if the mistreated minority works for some of their favorite enterprises.
And then you have the fake platform warring.
You can’t say stuff like “I don’t care about Bethesda”, because to them you’re looking for reactions and warring.
So, there is a plethora of problems there.
And in GAF there a lot too, and I mean a whole lot as exhibited earlier today in a thread you were a part of. But you only get banned here if you cross the line and over do it.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Tbh, it’s the most mainstream gaming forum rn.
The users are mostly straight cis middle class male with some minority person here and there.
The biggest problem with era is that they pretend they care about minorities when the vast majority of them couldn’t care less, specially if the mistreated minority works for some of their favorite enterprises.
And then you have the fake platform warring.
You can’t say stuff like “I don’t care about Bethesda”, because to them you’re looking for reactions and warring.
So, there is a plethora of problems there.
And in GAF there a lot too, and I mean a whole lot as exhibited earlier today in a thread you were a part of. But you only get banned here if you cross the line and over do it.
I don’t use much of social media! So I’m always out of touch!

They couldn’t banned me there! I would say they were being homophobic if they done it!

Ah! Me and my stupid jokes!

I suggested that Black Panther was not that helpful, as it gave the impression to ignorant people that Africa was some wonderful paradise when actually there are many people living in poverty there.

Month ban IIRC

Laieon

With mods that are overwhelmingly minorities so if you "step out of line" or catch them on a day they just happened to step out of bed on the wrong side, good luck. They'll openly (and closeted, as revealed in that SalesEra thread which resulted in the most active members leaving the forum) chastise their own community and good luck doing anything about it because call them out on it and they'll bring the hammer down. See: Nepenthe or Royalan especially.

t3_rxd5e1

What's especially odd is how many community groups the mods have driven out; despite those groups being minorities themselves, like AsianEra.

laynelane

This is part of their mission statement:

Since its founding in late 2017, ResetEra has been an inviting bonfire at the crossroads of the gaming industry. Our goal is to provide a modern platform where enthusiasts and industry professionals alike will want to talk about all kinds of video games -- and everything else under the sun. Safeguarded by technology, a vigilant staff, and some of the toughest registration screening of any public forum, ResetEra has been able to cultivate a highly active and passionate community while keeping most trolls and bad actors off of the site.

It goes on to mention being an inclusive space and stuff like that, but it's basically an echo chamber. As can be seen by many experiences described in this thread, you go along with what the mods and select members think or you are out.

After one whole day of posting (less than 10 posts) I was perma-banned from ResetEra. Apparently you can't say that you won't let J.K. Rowling's comments/actions prevent you from enjoying the Hogwarts Legacy game without it being considered "bigotry" and "ignoring issues concerning transphobia". It doesn't matter if you say, "I don't support bigotry or transphobia," either. I wondered if all of the rumors I had heard about ResetEra being super strict were overblown, but I found out the hard way that they weren't. That site is the epitome of an echo chamber.

Have you been banned from ResetEra? If so, feel free to share your story here! Mods, feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place, or lock/merge it if there's another existing thread this belongs in.
Yes, they are clowns over at ResetEra…look at my username I used to be there until they banned me for my opinion…they are hive mind idiots…I love NeoGaf…

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Annoyed with how GAF pushed politics into everything at the time, I joined ResetEra hoping it would be different, more gaming first focused. It wasn’t long til I saw where it was heading, and requested a ban.
1iblMOu.jpg

It’s only gotten worse over their since.

At least you found out you followed the mental institution you tried to escape from in the first place.

idontwanttoliveonthisplanet.jpg

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

Left a few years ago - it's become a parody-level distillation of the worst kind of socially progressive politics that feels about as rooted in reality as the flat-earth society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom