• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard devs play Diablo 4

Eotheod

I was sure someone would come out with a reply like that. So a few question:

Wouldn't you want your company's products represented by someone who REALLY knows those products?
Would you hire someone who takes pride in NOT using the product you make?
Don't you want someone who loves what you do and knows your story?
Don't you want someone who can actually interact with your fans because, well, they KNOW these products?

Video games are the only medium you can enter without any knowledge. Try doing this with any other company and see what happens.
I install anechoic chambers, and I swear if my boss see me talking like that he would be like "wtf are you doing here, let your place to someone who actually care about what we do".
Don't tell me Blizzard doesn't have passionate fans looking for that job, so why hire her?
It's marketing. Marketing for literally any company or product does not require much "skill" as much as marketers will tell you otherwise. Reading the market is a fluke and it's more based on repetitive trends then anything.

I do agree that there should be some prior knowledge, but again marketing is just buzzword the shit out of something while having a cool poster. Or doing some stupid social media post shit on TikTok.

It's marketing. Marketing for literally any company or product does not require much "skill" as much as marketers will tell you otherwise. Reading the market is a fluke and it's more based on repetitive trends then anything.

I do agree that there should be some prior knowledge, but again marketing is just buzzword the shit out of something while having a cool poster. Or doing some stupid social media post shit on TikTok.
But you do realize that there is good marketing and bad marketing, right?

Top Bottom