• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

SDR-UK

What gems do you have? How far into the game are you? 300-damage seems seriously low especially when fighting these DLC bosses, as they have large pools of health.

Timeaisis

What gems do you have? How far into the game are you? 300-damage seems seriously low especially when fighting these DLC bosses, as they have large pools of health.

I'm bl82, 30 str 25 skl, +9 LHB.

I got these gems in my blade
Phys attk +12%/Add phys attk +6.6
Thrust attk +7.2%
Physical attached +12.6%/Reduce Stam cost 1.1%

SDR-UK

I assume you have yet to get to the final areas (Read: Nightmare of Mensis and beyond) but you could really do with some of the better gems that are afforded throughout the main campaign before tackling the DLC areas, in my opinion, especially if you would like to do this solo.

I personally would not go for the DLC bosses until the end of my first play-through just because of how much of a challenge they are compared to the main bosses.

A few pointers for the fight though: the first phase is really choreographed and consists mainly of manageable attacks and I'm pretty sure that you're an expert when it comes to this part of the fight for sure just because you face this one so much. The second one is where damage and aggression really counts, in my opinion. I find it hard to give Ludwig room in the second phase just because it is so tricky getting back into hit him if you ever find yourself outside of attacking range. My personal strategy is to damage race the charged AOE attack in hopes of stunning him and thus being able to get a visceral attack. Remember, Fire Paper as suggested by someone earlier is also a Godsend in this fight too.

You may also want to look into Beast Blood Pellets just because of how useful they are at increasing your damage, especially at low insight.

Timeaisis

Cool,thanks for the advice. I got him to 1/4 so far, then died to a sword combo. I'm gonna try a few more times, then maybe come back later after finishing more of the main game.

Hey gaf, I'm currently playing at the Research Hall (NG+) and a dude in a wheelchair made me lose 820.000 blood echoes

1448977281901h8qws.jpg

Fuck Miyasaki

I love this game ;_;

Finally beat The First vicar! Dude was kicking my butt for a few days but finally got the win. Good.

Also decided to switch from the Holy Blade to Simmons sword / bow. Its real fun.

The fight for the Rakuyo is complete bullshit.

+1

Still working on that one. Getting close to just looking up a way to cheese it. (well... if such a way exists)

Instro

Surprised at how easy the Ludwig fight ended up being. Perhaps I was a little OP at ~SL93, with a maxed out Threaded Cane, but I ran through him on my second try. He has some odd timing to him, but I was pretty much able to stay right on top of him in both forms and just hack away with my cane. Perhaps at some point I should mess around with the other weapons, I haven't bothered so far because the cane has served me well and its a lot of fun to use...maybe in NG+.

Surprised at how easy the Ludwig fight ended up being. Perhaps I was a little OP at ~SL93, with a maxed out Threaded Cane, but I ran through him on my second try. He has some odd timing to him, but I was pretty much able to stay right on top of him in both forms and just hack away with my cane. Perhaps at some point I should mess around with the other weapons, I haven't bothered so far because the cane has served me well and its a lot of fun to use...maybe in NG+.

Yeah I would think you are tad bit OP for NG. Noting wrong with that as long as you enjoy it :p

Houndi101

I'm not even going to try the Rakyuo fight since I'm overleveled and I still have problems even with a single giant fish man with an anchor

Soulhouf

Cool,thanks for the advice. I got him to 1/4 so far, then died to a sword combo. I'm gonna try a few more times, then maybe come back later after finishing more of the main game.

You don't need to do Chalice dungeons to get good gems.
There are a +18% physical gem in Yahar'gul, another in Nightmare of Mensis and also a +15% all attack gem in Mensis.
You can also get cursed +19.8% gems fom Winter Lanterns in Mensis.

myco666

Welp, game "completed"
wussied out on Gehrmann and went for the morning
After Orphan, Wetnurse was a pushover

What at the spoilered? Why? That is one of the best fights of the game and on top of that it is probably my favorite arena. Why would you skip something so gooood. Sunrise ending is cool though.

Houndi101

What at the spoilered? Why? That is one of the best fights of the game and on top of that it is probably my favorite arena. Why would you skip something so gooood. Sunrise ending is cool though.

Yeah I believe so, spend some time running around the arena, but I was just totally drained... ok now I'm regretting it...

gunbo13

FYI all, you can easily cheese out the sharks to get Rukuyo with the bow blade. Have 20 vials for blood bullets and walk backwards around the pillar.

I wonder, would anyone be willing to help me with Lady Maria? I've been able to kill her by helping others, but whenever I try I mange to get one hitted.

Finished.

Orphan of Kos is a total SOB on NG+

Also managed to get through the Rakuyo fight ok finally. You just got to kill the first guy as quick as you can after his buddy drops down.

Melchiah

WHERE CAN I GET THIS?! I NEED IT!

Highly recommended. Cost only 17$ at Amazon.

Surpringly, the book says level 80 is recommended for a balanced DLC experience, not 65 as previously heard. I wish I had known that before the release, as it would have saved me a lot of trouble. I could have played the product I bought day one, instead of having to go back to the main game to raise my level. I have to say that soured the experience a bit, eventhough I love the game.

Highly recommended. Cost only 17$ at Amazon.

Surpringly, the book says level 80 is recommended for a balanced DLC experience, not 65 as previously heard. I wish I had known that before the release, as it would have saved me a lot of trouble. I could have played the product I bought day one, instead of having to go back to the main game to raise my level. I have to say that soured the experience a bit, eventhough I love the game.

Pretty late game experience to reach the first boss of the DLC

Melchiah

Pretty late game experience to reach the first boss of the DLC

The exact quote goes...
Although you can access the Hunter's Nightmare as soon as the game time advances to Night, tackling the new areas this early would pose a severe challenge; you would be at a serious disadvantage against the powerful enemies and bosses that await. For a more balanced experience, a minimun Blood Level of 80 with at least one right-hand weapon upgraded to +9 is recommended. This means either heading into the Hunter's Nightmare after clearing most of the areas in the main game or after considerable Chalice Dungeon play. That said, speedrunners and challenge enthusiasts will find no shortage of opportunities to flex their muscles in these areas by entering as early as possible.

I wish they had told that publicly before the DLC was out. I had gone until Byrgenwerth, and levelled up to 60, before the release, and had to go past Micolash and raise the level to 90, to be able to continue playing the DLC without too much gnashing of teeth.

Instro

Beat Laurence this evening, kind of a pain in the ass. Combo attacks for days and he can pretty much attack all angles. 2nd half is better at least.

RiverBed

Banned
Did the platinum trophy wallpaper release outside of EU? I'm on NA and I'd like to have it if possible.

Welp, game "completed"
wussied out on Gehrmann and went for the morning
After Orphan, Wetnurse was a pushover

Just save before the fight to a USB (easier and faster than on cloud) and replay to experience all three endings. That's what I did. I completed the game once, and the second playthrough I stopped right at the point of no return.
I would've done that the first time if I had known the trick.

The exact quote goes...

I wish they had told that publicly before the DLC was out. I had gone until Byrgenwerth, and levelled up to 60, before the release, and had to go past Micolash and raise the level to 90, to be able to continue playing the DLC without too much gnashing of teeth.
I went into the first area at level 41, took several viscerals to kill the hunters and I got the pizza and beast cutters eventually, I haven't been back since. I've just been dealing with chalice stuff since then and I still have to do the forbidden woods when I have the time. Pretty much you only should go through the dlc early if you want one of the strength weapons. I have no urge to fight ludwig at level 50 something. Fuck that nonsense, I'd probably shove the controller into my mouth with rage attempting it.

Melchiah

I went into the first area at level 41, took several viscerals to kill the hunters and I got the pizza and beast cutters eventually, I haven't been back since. I've just been dealing with chalice stuff since then and I still have to do the forbidden woods when I have the time. Pretty much you only should go through the dlc early if you want one of the strength weapons. I have no urge to fight ludwig at level 50 something. Fuck that nonsense, I'd probably shove the controller into my mouth with rage attempting it.

Yeah, I felt similarly when I started the DLC on release date. It took me nearly a month before I could, and wanted to return to it. They really handled it poorly. The only information they provided about the DLC being accessible at around halfway through the game was pretty misleading, considering...
This means either heading into the Hunter's Nightmare after clearing most of the areas in the main game or after considerable Chalice Dungeon play.

From here on, I'll be sure to set my character around the same level before the DLCs are released, so I can start playing them right away.

Top Bottom