• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Vanguard: cover leaked - possible reveal at Sony event

Data Ghost

They only started putting women, blacks, etc on game covers when it became trendy.

They don't care, but they sure as hell want you to think they care.
Agreed. These days unless you pretend to care you are at risk of being called out or cancelled. Hence the virtue signalling from every company out there. Personally if I were black or homosexual I would be offended by the fact that it’s nothing more than a BS tick box exercise. Just in the same way that employers tell everyone their focus is on wellbeing but don’t actually do anything to help other than get you free access to a mindfulness app.

supernova8

Banned
Alternate history World War 2.......generic?

Hard to put it into words, but even if it is alternate history WW2, it's trying too hard and ends up looking generic.

Besides, it's Call of Duty. I would err on the side of "generic" most of the time but now we have a super generic image to back it up.

b6a6es

Banned
EFyFlpn.jpg

Hmmmmmmm

Those pictures look messed up, I was hoping for a sequel to WW2 not an alternate reality. I dont see why they cant release a ww2 game, and cold war game and a modern warfare game every 3 years , that way people who enjoy 1 of those themes can enjoy the game they want for 3 years. They could still have the link to Warzone possibly have warzone maps which link to each CoD theme with weapons limited to the CoD that warzone is based on.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I think there was a leak before suggesting its sey in an alternate reality where WW2 didnt end in 1945. Hopefully its wacky as shit and the Nazi have contacted aliens and they come down don lugers and gewehrs , wearing compton style gangster attier brapping up the place.
After WWII and then censoring the Nazis I don't have much interest in an Activision WWII game.

Mobilemofo

World War zzzzzzzzzzz. No more ww2 bullshit. Please. Can only make the game so many times. Shit has gotten real old. Whats the hook this time? We play as actual buildings and collapse ourselves on the enemies? 😄

Gravemind

Looks like the seen the Battlefield V trailer and thought it was a good idea to double down on everything that was hated about it.

recursive

Looks extremely generic. Even looks like they copied Battlefield V to be honest.

I can already tell it's going to be utter garbage...... but we'll see what the reveal shows us.
You determined that from 2 artwork images, no gameplay video? Reminds me of kids that were sad that the NES cartridge art didn't match the game.

Can't wait to see you ingame.

recursive

Serious question: why is there never an Asian guy front and centre? Or an Indian guy?

Not "sexy" enough? Not TRENDY enough!

Blacks are the only ones that exist besides whites! And they only started to exist the last few years when people started complaining enough!

They're not doing it for the diversity dollar, they're doing it because they really care! Cuz the upper management aren't all rich white dudes, SUDDENLY BEHIND THE SCENES THEY ALL BECAME DIVERSE!!! They secretly transformed behind the scenes and became black dudes and white women!

Fuck your transparent bullshit and anybody too stupid to see through it.

For the record I don't actually give two fucks that they're doing this, I don't give two shits about seeing more/less white guys, I just find it so incredibly tacky and fake that they think any of this comes off as genuine. But the people who actually pretend to care about this apparently love condescension and blatant pandering since they're THAT desperate for token representation.

pathetic.gif
Honestly if we are going off latest trends all the characters should be wearing masks and have stickers that say "I am vaxxed."

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Limited Edition cover:
ZvVrcaJ.jpg

I knw the its supposedly alternate history WW2 which as a concept I love, but these artworks arent really selling it.

P.S BF2042 is coming out this year I def not buying this but im always curious about what COD does year on year.

Droxcy

Game is in shambles should just scrap it and put the devs on the mod team for Warzone to tackle the hacker problem.

HTK

Banned
I've skipped Cold War and might be skipping Vanguard as well. Really looking forward to Battlefield and Halo this year.

MiguelItUp

The last COD was enough for me to take a break from the series again, I don't see this one bringing me back. But I'd be willing to give it chance to do so. Even though these images look pretty.... bland.

Also with how big the game files have been it's almost an immediate turn off.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Don't forget fortunate son.
Well there are plenty of Palm trees in WW2 pacific theater, it just isn't what comes to mind when you think of WW2. In fact the most intense and hardest fighting were in battles like Pelelu on the small islands.

supernova8

Banned
You determined that from 2 artwork images, no gameplay video? Reminds me of kids that were sad that the NES cartridge art didn't match the game.

Can't wait to see you ingame.
Heh there's been an extremely high bar for me bothering to buy COD games after MW2. I doubt you'll see me in-game unless they really put off a miracle.

Last edited:

RyRy93

Every time a new COD and BF release in the same year: COD/BF looks more interesting than COD/BF

And every time both are massively flawed in some way and it's been that way for over a decade.

Last edited:

Salz01

With the wind mill in the background, looks like it might have a level or two in Europe. Which is good. Then Africa and Pacific. I’m in for an alternate WW2 scenario.

Allforce

Well apparently it's on the MW2019 engine so I'm intrigued. That game got me back into CoD and then Cold War (while still fun at times) left a bad taste in my mouth so I'm excited to see how they do this and how it feels to play.

Shipment 1942 LETS GOOOOO

Data Ghost

Hopefully IW will come back strong next year. Cold War was a really rough game that felt like a huge regression.
Agreed, I am only interested in MW2019 quality and in a modern setting. Cold War barely ran on my Series X with all of its console crashing bugs, and WW2 does nothing for me whatsoever (even with woke inclusiveness).

Basically Warzone may be my go to COD fix or the foreseeable future which is superb because A) Its free, and B) I don't buy any of the skins cr@p.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
If it is set in an alternate history, would actually play this. The POLINA character design looks pretty cool. Also glad to see "Females in the game. . .WOOOOOOKE!" energy is still potent. Doing gahds work folks.

splattered

Ehhh i dunno. For Sony to delay their events multiple times through the year just because they want to be able to show a shitty WWII COD i find hard to believe. That would mean that Sony doesn't really have anything huge of their own to show and are relying on 3rd party reveals to generate hype.

Concern

Ehhh i dunno. For Sony to delay their events multiple times through the year just because they want to be able to show a shitty WWII COD i find hard to believe. That would mean that Sony doesn't really have anything huge of their own to show and are relying on 3rd party reveals to generate hype.

Would make sense if its the biggest thing they have to show tho. Considering we've heard absolutely nothing by now on any new games, I wouldn't be surprised.

But all we can do is wait and see if they confirm or deny the rumored event soon.

OrtizTwelve

The game is supposed to have a pacific setting during WW2 (palm trees in the background) but the soldiers pictured here are wearing winter clothing akin to what the Russians wore in cold weather environments. I know it’s just a cover but none of this makes sense, at least people who know history.

Looks like it will be some sort of “alternate reality” of events during WW2 which means we can expect a lot of nonsense and political correctness.

From what I am hearing so far, looks like I will skip this one.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I think some of you guys are too quick to dismiss this one. It could be fun, who knows?

Has a woman and black guy leading the charge; deep down they want to give the scenario a chance but their inner-MRA is doing their best Anakin and yelling at them "Noooooooo!"

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If those images are true, alternate WWII looks legit. Those uniforms, guns and colours, and red skull thing dont resonate with real WWII.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
They only started putting women, blacks, etc on game covers when it became trendy.

They don't care, but they sure as hell want you to think they care.

that’s pretty common in modern times.
i hope you are ok with that 😂

used to be a bit off don’t you think in the past?

Top Bottom