• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Vanguard: cover leaked - possible reveal at Sony event

MilkyJoe

hungry danny devito GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

GamingKaiju

Is this the sledgehammer cod?

I was hoping infinity ward would release their next MW because MW2019 was the best cod I played in years.

Alternate timeline? Sounds like they’re going down the Wolfenstein route instead.

VN1X

Banned
Couldnt care less for both call of duty and battlefield. It's the same shit everytime with a new coat of paint.
Well... yeah? It wouldn't be CoD or Battlefield if one of the entries suddenly featured a Super Monkey Ball-like mini-game as the main event would it?

Jesus, gamers are so reductive.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Couldnt care less for both call of duty and battlefield. It's the same shit everytime with a new coat of paint.

I thought BF2, BF3 and BF4 were awesome. I found all the other Battlefields to be lame. Actually no, BF2142 was good at a time where there were no futuristic multiplayer shooters except bloody Planetside.

Arun1910

Forgot this was WW2 again.

I liked CoD WW2 but after BF1 and BFV feeling the exact same I can't be bothered with this.

Roll on 2042!

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Either go futuristic or go historical, but if you do a historical setting and then add women on the front lines etc it just becomes a joke. Either honor the history and the people who fought or do something new. We don't need historical revisionism that recasts past wars as having been fought by people with today's bullshit values.

Either go futuristic or go historical, but if you do a historical setting and then add women on the front lines etc it just becomes a joke. Either honor the history and the people who fought or do something new. We don't need historical revisionism that recasts past wars as having been fought by people with today's bullshit values.
This has to be alternative history. Otherwise, it’s BFV all over again.

Valentino

I don't even play or like CoD, but man, it's pathetic how everything is leaked these days. Is it just nerds with some inside info looking for clout because they don't get any attention from anywhere else?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If alternate earth is true, then give me an RPD with silencer, fast reloads, fast sprinting, zero recoil and two-hit kill damage! One hit kill if it's a head shot!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't even play or like CoD, but man, it's pathetic how everything is leaked these days. Is it just nerds with some inside info looking for clout because they don't get any attention from anywhere else?
Some of this stuff has got to be viral leaks, but sometimes it definitely seems like it's true leaks from the inside.

Thats the video game world. Get clicks, attention and a "trusted user profile" from faceless forum users.

If only we knew which kinds of employees are leaking the info. Testers? Coders? Sales and Marketing people? The quiet accountant in the back office who got a chance to test the game too?

Kokoloko85

Hopefully they are not gonna waste time showing fucking cod.

(I know that cod sells a lot, i was just talking about personal preferences)

Dude the shows gonna be COD, Kena, probably fuckin Deathloop again, Horizon 2 again, GT7 and then a teaser of God of War Ragnarok.

Playstation shows just arent what they use to be. They havent announced anything new since September

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I am surprised people on this forum play CoD

i figured most people that actually create an account here dropped yearly crap like this already
I fucking hate PVP
I love PVE

cod zombies in cold war. Is the best PVE experience in years.
And i put over 300 hours in that mode alone.
It is basically tony hawk with guns. You get this zen state flow in levels. And it has a deep rpg mechanics

i think i played 3 pvp matches. And it sucked.

putting cod coldwar zombies aside like it’s trash is just shallow.
Srsly go play zombie mode it rocks

Last edited:

EDMIX

Sir, we have them literally going in some fucking time machine with BF Portal lol

So I don't play BF for any of this um "historical" BS or anything even remotely like that, so..."honor" wasn't some bullet point that got the sale for me or something lol Not that serious man.... most of us just play BF for the gameplay itself. Not a single BF was ever made for some fucking history lesson, read a book for that...

Sander Cohen Sander Cohen WTF? You telling me Zombies didn't have anything to do with WWII? You telling me perks didn't exist in WWII? Now I know you lying your ass off on this one /s

Last edited:

EDMIX

With CoD: WWII they censored the Nazis because they didn't want to offend anyone.

Meanwhile Wolfenstein gave you mecha Hitler.

I agree, but shit even Wolfenstein you had people bitching about THAT game being "woke" simply cause a black character existed.

I don't think you can please anyone with this shit.

Add something in, pandering.
Remove it, pandering.

I think its irrelevant and a fucking waste of time.

In terms of Call Of Duty, the game is fake, it NEVER once argues to be this historical concept, for fuck sakes IT HAD ZOMBIES IN IT! That alone should have ended this, yet folks still wanted to get triggered over what was added, removed etc instead of simply respecting their choice to change their game how they feel just.

EDMIX

Ah yes GTA5. Will be happy with some GTA trilogy if there is some control and camera angle changes

Day 1.

Even if it doesn't have all that.........day 1 lol

I haven't played the trilogy in years, I randomly played Vice City a few years back for the feels.

With that marketing deal they have for the GTAV remaster and the deal they have for COD, I can see that being likely that those will be revealed at the next PS Event.

Kokoloko85

Day 1.

Even if it doesn't have all that.........day 1 lol

I haven't played the trilogy in years, I randomly played Vice City a few years back for the feels.

With that marketing deal they have for the GTAV remaster and the deal they have for COD, I can see that being likely that those will be revealed at the next PS Event.

I literally bought the trilogy (GTA3, VC and SA) a few weeks ago on the PS5. Id love some changes like controls, especially the shooting and driving. Some added details like a better Sky in GTA3/VC lol. Motorbikes in GTA3 should be added too

EDMIX

I literally bought the trilogy (GTA3, VC and SA) a few weeks ago on the PS5. Id love some changes like controls, especially the shooting and driving. Some added details like a better Sky in GTA3/VC lol. Motorbikes in GTA3 should be added too

Agreed. updating all of that to have elements found in the later GTAs or even having an option for all 3 perspectives.

Classic GTA.
GTA IV and up
First person.

So I hope those quality of life things are done to update those titles as they are classics.

Kokoloko85

Agreed. updating all of that to have elements found in the later GTAs or even having an option for all 3 perspectives.

Classic GTA.
GTA IV and up
First person.

So I hope those quality of life things are done to update those titles as they are classics.
I really want a GTA 4 “HD”port/remaster to PS4/PS5 too. 60fps, 4k, etc

Cleared_Hot

Pleased to see the artwork has a black man and a woman front and centre and that the two white dudes are pushed to the back. Ticks progressive diversity box and enforces that white macho males are now bad 🙏

Only complaint I have is that the woman looks a little too feminine (even though there are no curves on show) and its not been made clear if she is a lesbian. Needs to have short or shaved hair otherwise its open to interpretation which will upset some. Also there is no trans representation which I think is a missed opportunity and I hope this addressed before launch.
Gold

Unk Adams

Banned
Whoever is judging the game based of its cover alone and whether it will be good or bad you guys are absolutely sad and pathetic lol sorry just being honest.
Presentation is actually extremely important. For many people it sets the tone for what you're going to play. It's like going to a job interview looking unkempt and wearing a dirty, old Call of Duty Black Ops 2 t-shirt and pajama pants instead of trying to at least attempt to look professional. You might give a decent interview but I'd be surprised to find a company be able to look past your bad appearance and hire you. The only thing sad and pathetic is all of the huge gaming corporations using all of their money and "talent" to give us boring and ugly game covers these days that make you not even want to play the game. Many AAA game covers just look like bland, soulless products these days and coincidentally enough the games often play like them as well.

SSfox

Well i don't care about call of thing but it's about time for that Sony Summer Event to bring itself

Sir, we have them literally going in some fucking time machine with BF Portal lol

So I don't play BF for any of this um "historical" BS or anything even remotely like that, so..."honor" wasn't some bullet point that got the sale for me or something lol Not that serious man.... most of us just play BF for the gameplay itself. Not a single BF was ever made for some fucking history lesson, read a book for that...

Sander Cohen Sander Cohen WTF? You telling me Zombies didn't have anything to do with WWII? You telling me perks didn't exist in WWII? Now I know you lying your ass off on this one /s
Don’t know what you’re talking about. CoD WWII campaign was great authentic experience. All real locations, all real events. Really good. Cutscenes were out of this world. Even felt guilty a bit not giving a pfennig for it (PS+).

Fake

Don’t know what you’re talking about. CoD WWII campaign was great authentic experience. All real locations, all real events. Really good. Cutscenes were out of this world. Even felt guilty a bit not giving a pfennig for it (PS+).

CoD WW2 is an amazing game, but the campaign is very mix bag in comparison with others CoD. Same as CoD Infinite Warfare.

But the multiplayer is one of the best CoD I ever had, if you take that shit download size and the game don't let me play until I update the game with ruin my experience everytime I want to play the game from the disc.

I wonder when having a Black guy on a cover, or a Woman, will ever not be "pandering". Its so ridiculous to see these comments.
When we see women on the frontlines in real life (how many of those 3000 Biden sent to Afghanistan are women I wonder 🧐).

I don’t have problem with black people but they consist of only 12.1% of US population. What about Hispanics or Asians?

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
What in the HOLY JESUS CHRIST am I looking at!? A black man and a woman with two 50 year old men, all without helmets by the way, in the Pacific theater of WWII? Or Vietnam? This is the gayest shit I've ever fucking seen. I never thought a company would ever make an even worse version of Battlefield V after that obvious failure.

Dont belive the bullshit about war being hell, its allways been just a bunch of rainbow crew sucking each other off and waving rainbow flags.

Top Bottom