• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Eh, why do we hat Snyders Watchmen? I think its an fucking amazing movie.
Man, alone that Intro with the Minuteman. My god :D

Personally, I didn't like Watchmen, but I didn't like the book that much either (overly cynical and depressing), so that's not really on Snyder.

Drayco21

Eh, why do we hat Snyders Watchmen? I think its an fucking amazing movie.
Man, alone that Intro with the Minuteman. My god :D

Snyder's adaptation of was somehow one of the most accurate adaptations of comic to film (panel-to-onscreen) and one of the worst (subtext, themes and impact) at the same time. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit at the time, so I don't hate it, but I don't think I want more of it; just like I wasn't down for anything about Before Watchmen.

I thought it was decent and I'm a fan of the comic. Jackie Earl Haley and Jeffrey Dean Morgan were great.

The cast was pretty great in general, but yeah, these two were real stand-outs.

Oh, whoa! Since when have you been back!? Crazy seeing you around here. It's been so long that I'm not even sure you know who I am, since I may have just been lurking this thread when you were posting regularly before.

Few weeks now? I remember you by your cool avatar. I fell off comics about a year and a half ago but now I'm easing back in. Caught up on Saga and The Outcast. Next I want to read Southern Bastards, which I've been buying in floppies but have yet to read a word of.

I'm feeling like I want to jump on some of these ANAD titles but I have no idea which. Not many new X-titles, eh? X-men are usually my Marvel go-to when I want to try a title. I'm gonna pick up the new Black Panther.. Not sure what else though. Guess there's no need to rush the decision anyway seeing as I can always just wait for reviews and buy digital. It's not like I want to store Marvel's toilet paper floppies anyway.

What title are y'all most excited for in the Marvel relaunch?

And why are folks stoked for Saints? Anyone got a sales pitch for that one?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Whats this upcoming A Real Batman Story from Paul Dini that is going to be published by Vertigo?

Nothing of this makes sense.

Afrodium

Banned
Why is the HC of Morrison's JLA Vol. 2 impossible to find? Every other volume is in plentiful supply. I really dug Vol. 1 and want to keep reading, but having one paperback volume amongst my hardcovers? I'm not a savage.

http://graphicpolicy.com/2015/10/01/enough-is-enough-dark-horses-scott-allies-assaulting-behavior/

I know some people weren't interested in discussing harassment in comics without specific names being called out or without multiple accounts of the same event.

So here you go Dark Horse's Scott Allies getting called out specifically for shifty behavior and Dark Horse for doing nothing that successfully ends that behavior.

Edit: put me down to change the title. It's a nice joke but obscures our community thread

http://graphicpolicy.com/2015/10/01/enough-is-enough-dark-horses-scott-allies-assaulting-behavior/

I know some people weren't interested in discussing harassment in comics without specific names being called out or without multiple accounts of the same event.

So here you go Dark Horse's Scott Allies getting called out specifically for shifty behavior and Dark Horse for doing nothing that successfully ends that behavior.

Edit: put me down to change the title. It's a nice joke but obscures our community thread

holy fucking shit

Owzers

I thought Sillymonkey was working on that OT?

apes.jpg

This is the Comics thread! Nooooooo.

I just want to repeat again: An in-joke thread title is fine and this one is pretty good, but it shouldn't be at the cost of making it clear what the damn thread is about. Speaking personally: If several months back I had been looking for a comics community thread I'm not sure I would have found it under the current circumstances and likely would have given up.

Well, there we go. A specific accusation from a specific person with corroboration from at least one other person. Now it's just to see if anything at all changes now. Probably not.

Owzers

Sarah, half the time I'm not even sure what this thread is about. We should be MiscellaneousGAF.

Comics. COMICS! NBA. Netflix movies. Comics comics comics, Trump, Comics, random tv shows, comics, games games comics games.

Comic focus with tangents, but i prefer it to always swing back to comics and try not make too many non-comic posts in a row. We always find our way back to comics even if it involves creators crotch-grabbing people and its effect on the industry.

As much as I single handedly contributed to the title change, I have to say I literally miss it on my subscription page now.

So, Vote For Change.

exactly! But sometimes it's mostly comics...when there are relaunches.....

Being serious. The title should stay as is only instead of "GAMES!" it should say "COMICS! (but mostly other things)"

GAMES isn't really enough to denote something different than what most of GAF is about. If anyone made a thread like that in gaming side, it would be closed within 10 minutes.

Captain Phasma-chan demands change.

Being serious. The title should stay as is only instead of "GAMES!" it should say "COMICS! (but mostly other things)"

GAMES isn't really enough to denote something different than what most of GAF is about. If anyone made a thread like that in gaming side, it would be closed within 10 minutes.

Captain Phasma-chan demands change.

As Destiny's Biggest Fan in the world, seconded, Captain.

Messi

Comics. COMICS! NBA. Netflix movies. Comics comics comics, Trump, Comics, random tv shows, comics, games games comics games.

Comic focus with tangents, but i prefer it to always swing back to comics and try not make too many non-comic posts in a row. We always find our way back to comics even if it involves creators crotch-grabbing people and its effect on the industry.

You gonna snub Olivia like that?

Top Bottom