• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Messi

What's going on with Kamala on the January cover of Ms Marvel speaking of white washing. It's not even close to Kamala lol

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMTEvNTU2L29yaWdpbmFsL01TTUFSVjIwMTUwMjZjb2wuanBnPzE1MDgyNTAxNDA=

Vic_Viper

I need some pronunciation captions for The Mighty Thor lol. Some of these Norse words are rediculous. Great issue so far tho!

ElNarez

Banned
hey yo if you don't think Joelle Jones and Jordie Bellaire have fucking killed it in this week's Batman you need new eyes

high-level shit right there, good-ass Comics the way you need, the way you CRAVE

Messi

hey yo if you don't think Joelle Jones and Jordie Bellaire have fucking killed it in this week's Batman you need new eyes

high-level shit right there, good-ass Comics the way you need, the way you CRAVE

I don't need to see it to know Joelle killed it. She is a top talent.

ElNarez

Banned
Thor #700 doesn't work as a comic for the same reasons Legacy #1 didn't work. I wish I was done with Aaron dangling the same plot points for years on end changing only the backdrop, but at this point Sunk Cost Fallacy has fully kicked in and I have to see this goddamn thing through.

The same can be said for Talia.

This dates right back to their debut, DC never seemed to be sure whether they were supposed to be Asian, Middle Eastern or Caucasian in appearance . Which is odd because his backstory is fairly consistent in that he should almost certainly be Middle Eastern in appearance. Despite that it's probably fair to say Ra's is most often Caucasian in appearance, Talia is often a little browner in complexion, but she also varies a fair bit either way.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So the new Batman arc has a new artist on it. Did the guy who did the first arc only do that one? I thought the idea was to switch between two artists so they had enough time with their arcs.

Oh well, Joëlle Jones seems like a great fit from the few pages I saw.

Some Nobody

An Open Letter To Chuck Dixon

Jimenez wrote this on his blog:

Sounds like Jimenez has the same feeling about Chuck Dixon I do. I get that as a good progressive I'm supposed to just write off guys that are super conservative, but...if not for Chuck Dixon I wouldn't give a shit about Batman's world. Like all kids I started out as a Batman fan, but eventually DC's never-ending focus and pop culture's never-ending fixation just burned me out on the character. By the time I was a teenager I was so done with him and everything about him....

But I remembered a write-up about how great Robin and Nightwing were, so I gave them a try. Instantly addicted. From there, I tried out Birds of Prey and Batgirl, and eventually realized that the world around Batman was positively fascinating, filled with characters I loved to see. There was an entire summer when I was in high school where all I did was read Dixon comics (and maybe a little PAD stuff), and they were always well-told, solid stories. Actually one of my better summers, as my childhood goes, too. It bums me the fuck out that he's gone down this path. >_<

BTW I'm reading this right now and...man. Opinions can really be wildly varied huh?

Vic_Viper

So the new Batman arc has a new artist on it. Did the guy who did the first arc only do that one? I thought the idea was to switch between two artists so they bounhad enough time with their arcs.

Oh well, Joëlle Jones seems like a great fit from the few pages I saw.

I thought Clay Mann was the new ongoing artist for Batman. I swear someone said last week he was lol.

Yeah it makes me sad when a writer/artist I like the work of has strong views I disagree with but unless they really bring it into there work it doesn't really put me off there past work and maybe not even there present work. Though there is a line in there somewhere, I think if a writer has done some serious offence, assault, sexual abuse etc then it would put me off all past and present work from them.

So pretty much in short, despite his somewhat weird views I still would read and enjoy a lot of Dixons older work. I probably wouldn't read his current stuff, but thats more because its rubbish rather than his views ha

Vic_Viper

Finally finished the latest issue of The Defenders. This is easily the best book Marvel is putting out imo. Glad Deadpool didn't play a big role lol, I was super skeptical on him being in the book but it ended up being fine. Can't wait for the next arc. Talk about playing to a writers strengths!

I'm not caught up on the Daredevil solo book, did he go back to his Red costume?

Messi

Finally finished the latest issue of The Defenders. This is easily the best book Marvel is putting out imo. Glad Deadpool didn't play a big role lol, I was super skeptical on him being in the book but it ended up being fine. Can't wait for the next arc.

It's one of a handful of really top level books they have right now. Some great stuff.

Tizoc

Can someone help me out with something? If you go to my profile and click on "Find all threads started by LordOfLore" what happens?
oN desktop the Search function of the forum is disabled as they are fixing it.
The site uses the Search function if you want to look at your posts to see threads you posted in last time, among other things. because the Search function is disabled, any option linked to it will just have a message from one of the Mods or Tech teams stating they are fixing the Search function.

On Mobile, there's 30 pages of threads lol
:p

oN desktop the Search function of the forum is disabled as they are fixing it.
The site uses the Search function if you want to look at your posts to see threads you posted in last time, among other things. because the Search function is disabled, any option linked to it will just have a message from one of the Mods or Tech teams stating they are fixing the Search function.

Ok, good.

Ross61

Nah, Super Sons and Teen Titans have established that he's kind of a shorty right now and is desperately in need of puberty to give him a growth spurt.

Batman had him almost the height of Jason and Dick, which was weird.
He still looked short to me. And way shorter than Dick.

I haven't read Green Lanterns yet, but why does Jessica look white in this DC YouTube vid? She typically doesn't look like this, correct?
https://youtu.be/GPqDSFtXiRk
Oooooooooooo I'm so excited. And sad. But mostly excited.
I've been clearing through my backlog of physical singles bc i'm tired of my room being a dang mess - Slam #1 probably being the best so far, great characters and great art.

Also I remember the start of Birds of Prey Rebirth being controversial on here because of the art and now i can safely say that anyone who didn't like it is a damn goober

Whitewashing can be accidental
It was? I don't recall that at all.
People complain about Sunspot in the movie trailer but he has been whitewashed for decades in the comics.
Ewing's recent books have had him as much darker.
Today I Learned that Black Panther made Falcon's wingsuit.
It was mentioned back in SamCap, I think. His wings got torn off and then regenerated and he made mention of T'Challa's additions to his suit.

caliph95

Yeah Fuck Getaway

Phasma

Also fuck captain Phasma though this is standard Phasma fuckery
and I didn't expect Pilot to live anyway

Supergirl was pretty good from last week. The whole finding her Qi bit. I hope they do a fantasy arc. That’d be fun. I mean, the New 52 run had her fight a dragon

Nah, Super Sons and Teen Titans have established that he's kind of a shorty right now and is desperately in need of puberty to give him a growth spurt.

Batman had him almost the height of Jason and Dick, which was weird.

Yeah, he's a little tall , I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be Tim at first but then realised he wouldn't show up like that until he's officially back.

DC actually needs to pay attention there since height / build aside the Bat-males generally look identical (Lil Gotham color coded them for that reason).

Top Bottom