• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Sou Da

Yeah, he's a little tall , I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be Tim at first but then realised he wouldn't show up like that until he's officially back.

DC actually needs to pay attention there since height / build aside the Bat-males generally look identical (Lil Gotham color coded them for that reason).

Young Justice (the cartoon)/Phil Bourassa did a great job at making them look diferent imo. Also give Jason a scar or some shit, make him a redhead or something.

Some Nobody

Young Justice (the cartoon)/Phil Bourassa did a great job at making them look diferent imo. Also give Jason a scar or some shit, make him a redhead or something.

Did you say that on purpose? 'Cause Jason was a redhead who used to dye his hair black to look more like Dick lol.

You're right, he should go back to that though.

Edit: I read Faith and the Future Force 4. Honestly, that should've just been an oversized issue of Faith lol.

Sou Da

Did you say that on purpose? 'Cause Jason was a redhead who used to dye his hair black to look more like Dick lol.

You're right, he should go back to that though.

Edit: I read Faith and the Future Force 4. Honestly, that should've just been an oversized issue of Faith lol.

I forgot to say "again" but I'm pretty sure that's retconned.

Vic_Viper

All New GOTG was REALLY good this week.

Havent read it yet so im not sure, but this issue doesnt pick up after the last issue right? I was really looking forward to more of Nova but he wont be back till next issue it looks like.

Speaking of Nova, I hope they try again with his solo book. Or atleast something close to it like a New Warriors or something. I actually really liked Sam when his book first launched with Loeb but with Rich back Id like to see him in something more regularly.

Havent read it yet so im not sure, but this issue doesnt pick up after the last issue right? I was really looking forward to more of Nova but he wont be back till next issue it looks like.

Speaking of Nova, I hope they try again with his solo book. Or atleast something close to it like a New Warriors or something. I actually really liked Sam when his book first launched with Loeb but with Rich back Id like to see him in something more regularly.

You know damn well how the next New Warriors team will look, especially after US Avengers got cancelled.

new_warriors_-_p_201762str.jpg

Vic_Viper

You know damn well how the next New Warriors team will look, especially after US Avengers got cancelled.

Damnit! Completely forgot about this lol. Thanks for destroying my dreams.

I wouldn't put modern Rich on the New Warriors personally.

No definitely not with that roster lol. Maybe Sam if they cancel Champians, but I hope they just find a new writer for it. But I would really like to see a Nova book with him building the new Nova Corps with some friends. Longer than the upcoming GotG arc (if its just a few issues). If Nova were to stay with the Guardians though full time, that would seriously be my most wanted book

Oh the art in general? Yeah that was true. I thought we were specifically talking about whitewashing within that book's art, since it was on the same page and it kind of blended in.

My bad. Continue onward.
People roasting Claire Roe's work on Birds of Prey still makes me mad.

Yeah I enjoy it. It's a fun art style. A lot of purples and blues works so well for that book as well.

Vic_Viper

Playing through Evil Within 2 and its really good. Really wish there were more Comics like this thematically. A good psychological thriller/horror book like Resident Evil mixed with Twin Peaks.

Oh yeah, Wild Storm week! I hope we get more Jenny.

Holy Shit, Wild Storm #8!!!
I thought it would be mainly an exposition issue - which is was. Till it wasn't! That IO team preparing to hack skywatch! Shen! That weird sequence in Jenny's mind with the Daemons! The heaven with the Doctors! Jenny Mei Sparks!
Every panel is so bloody beautiful.

Edit:
And that sequence with Jenny making the jump to London was hilarious.

Messi

I like Claire Roe but I like the art more now on Birds of Prey. I wish Takara was the artist full time tho.

Oh and Otto Schmidt is gonna murder on Teen Titans.

Vyer

Been reading through Aaron's Dr. Strange. Just finished 3rd trade, about to start fourth. Really enjoying it, but I am not very familiar with Strange's history. Is all the 'magic comes at a cost' stuff the run centers around traditionally the case or is it something that Aaron has emphasized with his run?

Been reading through Aaron's Dr. Strange. Just finished 3rd trade, about to start fourth. Really enjoying it, but I am not very familiar with Strange's history. Is all the 'magic comes at a cost' stuff the run centers around traditionally the case or is it something that Aaron has emphasized with his run?

Aaron put way more focus on it but some spells had always had a cost for Strange.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Finally got over Blinkie's shitty new look enough to check out Image's January solicits.

Another small month for buys. Lots of maybes though. MAYBE Image can still finish the year strong.

Buys
Birthright #30
Black Magick #10
Copperhead #18
East of West #36
Extremity #10
The Fix #13
Kill or Be Killed #15
Manifest Destiny #34
Monstress #13
Paper Girls #19
Spread #25
The Walking Dead #175
Youngblood #8

Maybes
Coyotes #3
God Complex #4
Grave Diggers Union #3
No. 1 With A Bullet #3
Port of Earth #3
Realm #5
Scales and Scoundrels #5

kmfdmpig

People roasting Claire Roe's work on Birds of Prey still makes me mad.

I was one that roasted it. Perhaps I should have just said "it's not for me". I disliked it a bit less in later issues, but still never came to particularly enjoy it. Glad that it worked well for a lot of other people. With that said, if BoP's writing was at the level of the original runs (either Dixon or Simone's) then I would have found it easier to deal with.

Bii

San Diego Comic-Con 2018 Returning Registration is scheduled for Saturday, October 28 at 9am PDT. Not sure if any other Comic-GAF members are eligible but you should have received an e-mail with info. I'm debating on whether or not to attend next year.

store didn't have Thor 700 (?), so i dug in dollar bins instead and got a few old issues of Static, and an issue of the old maxiseries Swords of the Swashbuckler by Bill Manto/Butch Guice

"Can't wait for Trump to clean this country up" - ViewtifulJC (August 2016)

mreddie

GOTG: It's getting good again, Ant-Man joining the group should shake things up, especially with the Nova Corps coming in.

Champions:
Viv
still getting those death flags.

Secret Warriors: Moon Girl and Karnak fucking make this book.

Also 2 out of the 4 Mahvoo books I read had Deadpool, I'm kinda tapped out on him.

Top Bottom