• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0: Phantom Liberty | PC/Console Performance|Screenshots

Bojji

Cars and water puddles are not mirrors tho. Realistically, they should be blurry. I personally prefer less than crystal clear reflections.

Yeah, this is matter of preference but I always hated blurry, noisy RT reflections (since WD Legion). RR is a game changer.

what kind of serverfarm do you have in your house to run overdrive + rtx?

This is without overdrive, just RT reflections with RT lighting on medium. DLSS on performance, framegen turned on (on last few ss) and ray reconstruction forced in .json file.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Playing on PS5. Looks great and fun update. It doesn’t look nearly as good as PC max settings of course, but seeing all these configs and settings and tinkerings makes me remember why console is my choice over pc nowadays.

People here tinker with the settings for a week straight without playing the game at all lol. Here it’s just sitting down on the sofa with some chips and cold beer and it’s go time 😁.

Hoping the ps5 pro has some serious power though to do this path tracing stuff etc. Would be awesome.
"I wouldn't want to spend a few minutes selecting a preset and running a benchmark, but I hope I can buy a new $500 console so I can play like PC."

GymWolf

Gold Member
Noob question, what is the folder that contains the dlss file to upgrade? bin? engine? archive or just the main folder with all those files?

Edit: nevermind.

Last edited:
I’m kind of floored

I dunno what they’ve done since last time I played but this shit looks fucking incredible

Playing on the 5 w/RT mode and HDR. Gotta take full advantage of the visuals. I wanna be in this world! And I find it to be THE perfect 30 with THE perfect motion blur.

Sitting in the back seat of a car looking out the window shit can look downright real

9aPQGlt.jpg
vzcRoX1.jpg
QMSrVYz.jpg
m1yIU6h.jpg
06pVqsk.jpg
UEyT6Pw.jpg
5pnR7TH.jpg

WxSc18W.jpg
Yeah same on ps5. I also go back and forth on film grain, it hides some of the crust and really gives it the bladerunner noir feel.

M.W.

Playing on PS5. Looks great and fun update. It doesn’t look nearly as good as PC max settings of course, but seeing all these configs and settings and tinkerings makes me remember why console is my choice over pc nowadays.

People here tinker with the settings for a week straight without playing the game at all lol. Here it’s just sitting down on the sofa with some chips and cold beer and it’s go time 😁.

Hoping the ps5 pro has some serious power though to do this path tracing stuff etc. Would be awesome.

Well, that's the fun of PC gaming, imo. I like being able to tweak stuff.

yamaci17

I was able to get upwards of 40 FPS with path tracing on my 2700x / rtx 3070 rig

Had to use dlss performance at 1440p, but it definitely looks better than native 1080p, it looks convincing enough. not 4K crispness but...

temporal stability is much better with ray reconstruction but it has a oily look to it a bit

i will drop some screenshots later on.

I'm loving the 2.0 upgrades btw. the gunplay is much more refined now, feels more satisfying, it feels like they improved ragdoll physics a lot. new perks and skills are amazing and making the cyberware upgrades necessary for armor is a huge and positive change.

DeaDPo0L84

"I wouldn't want to spend a few minutes selecting a preset and running a benchmark, but I hope I can buy a new $500 console so I can play like PC."
To be fair this is the console player mindset. The "work" to play games on PC gets so blown out of proportion, yet the difference between the two platforms is drastic and worth every bit of effort.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
To be fair this is the console player mindset. The "work" to play games on PC gets so blown out of proportion, yet the difference between the two platforms is drastic and worth every bit of effort.
They're also misunderstanding the difference between benchmarking for fun and tweaking out of necessity. What's being posted in this thread isn't a necessity, it's for fun. I enjoy seeing the interplay of cutting-edge features. I don't have to run 15 benchmarks and swap DLLs, it's enjoyable. I also have over 60hrs in the game and Phantom Liberty doesn't release until the 26th.

In my case I could have gone straight into settings selected 'High' preset, DLSS 'Quality', FG 'Yes', RT Reflections 'Yes', turned off Film Grain, CA, and Depth of Field and called it a day for a 100fps experience to pair with a Freesync monitor. I already know that Path Tracing at 1440p is beyond the capability of a 4060 Ti 16GB even with DLSS+FG+RR.

It doesn’t end at a few minutes and you know it. You experiment for days with settings before actually starting to play the game and then decide after an hour it’s not for you.

You’ll get it when you’re older, I’ve been there, done that, and had a great time doing it. But there comes a day and age where you think, I just want to play the games.

Your last sentence really baffles me, why would a 500 dollar console match a 3000 dollar Uber pc? It doesn’t, it never will, but games released on the platform are optimized for it in general and punching above their weight.

Also, you’ll never be able to build a pc with the same specs for only 500 dollar (probably have to spend around 1000 at least), and it’ll be with a super ugly cover, and way more noisy.

I sometimes play pc games still though, it’s also a fun time, but different genres. Can’t beat RTS or mmos on pc.

This 3rd screenshot is one of the best screenshots that I've ever seen. Goddamn.

Looks CG-like

Congrats
Beautiful, even on PS5 in some scenes it looks like it could be CG, which made me think CDPR should make a CG movie using the game engine. Should be pretty possible and easy.

Mortisfacio

Banned

DF's review is up.

This explains a bit. I have some screenshots of Jackie where I'd swear they just improved his texture details because all these little nuances look so dang good now, but it looks to just be lighting/DLSS related. Seeing all the pores and such on the faces I'm just blown away in some of these dialogue sequences how good this game looks.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
It doesn’t end at a few minutes and you know it. You experiment for days with settings before actually starting to play the game and then decide after an hour it’s not for you.

You’ll get it when you’re older, I’ve been there, done that, and had a great time doing it. But there comes a day and age where you think, I just want to play the games.

Your last sentence really baffles me, why would a 500 dollar console match a 3000 dollar Uber pc? It doesn’t, it never will, but games released on the platform are optimized for it in general and punching above their weight.

Also, you’ll never be able to build a pc with the same specs for only 500 dollar (probably have to spend around 1000 at least), and it’ll be with a super ugly cover, and way more noisy.

I sometimes play pc games still though, it’s also a fun time, but different genres. Can’t beat RTS or mmos on pc.
This is satire, right?

This is satire, right?
More like the average truth. But it seems to really bother you somehow. I know a lot of people when we were younger. We played a lot of pc games and tinkered away. A lot of fun. Now we got older and everyone changed from pc to consoles because you just want to relax, sit down with your beer and have some fun.

Nothing wrong with either, it’s just different stages of life I guess 🙂.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
More like the average truth. But it seems to really bother you somehow. I know a lot of people when we were younger. We played a lot of pc games and tinkered away. A lot of fun. Now we got older and everyone changed from pc to consoles because you just want to relax, sit down with your beer and have some fun.

Ok, boomer.

Topher

Gold Member

Really? So how old are you?

sendit

Yeh sendit sendit if you can get an X3D chip for a reasonable price then do it. You should also be able to sell on your standard 5800x for a reasonable price to offset the cost.
I don't think I'll see much of a difference moving up to a 5800X3D, if any at all. Zen 5 will be my CPU upgrade. Price isn't a factor, it's dissembling my Mini ITX build to remove the CPU :messenger_grinning_smiling:
SOKYj9a.jpg

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member

Please come off the high horse.. I'm also one of the old-school gamers around here but I feel like I'm gonna throw up in my mouth if you don't stop using the age/experience card. You sure as fuck don't get to represent me. The PC gaming hobby is so diverse, and no one is holding a gun to our heads, it's all harmless fun.

Edit: Wait, you're only 41..? LOL @ early midlife crisis. I'm far from 70 myself, but that's what you sounded like (not that you can't PC game at 70, my dad was PC gaming well past that).

Last edited:

sendit

I would garner most people here are older gamers. Neogaf's age demographic is probably in the 30+. When a game isn't console exclusive, I would rather spend 3000+ on a PC to have the best graphic/performance combo versus playing on a compromised console experience.

I would garner most people here are older gamers. Neogaf's age demographic is probably in the 30+. When a game isn't console exclusive, I would rather spend 3000+ on a PC to have the best graphic/performance combo versus playing on a compromised console experience.
Sure, if you like to spend a lot of money on it more power to you 👍. I just like the ease of use myself nowadays, except for RTS games, they have to be played on a pc.

And the 2500+ bucks I save on buying a console I spend on other nice things. To each its own I’d say.

Fools idol

Banned
This thing looks INSANE with everything maxed out. Like I cant get over how realistic it is, the nezt 3-5 years is going to be mind blowing for visuals

Topher

Gold Member
What’s going on, that’s not even overdrive

This is GHG GHG ’s result with overdrive
dkZD2v.png

I don’t have a 4090 so I can’t really compare

Overdrive sends frame rates down into the 50s for me. You said to "PBO adjust that bitch". What does that mean?

I also had a 5600x early on and then upgraded to 5800x3D as a last goodbye to AM4

I don’t have the data to backup what I’ll say but, for some games it felt like a generational leap. Hardspace shipwrecked and DCS, outer wilds, etc. Games that are heavy on CPU just like unlocked my 3080Ti and left the 5600x in the dust. Almost felt as much of a generational leap as 1600 to 5600x, I love that processor that much

PBO adjust that bitch like I helped GHG GHG when he got his and it’ll purrr, faster performances for way lower thermals.

This thing looks INSANE with everything maxed out. Like I cant get over how realistic it is, the nezt 3-5 years is going to be mind blowing for visuals
It really does look good. Unfortunately npc walking animations and terrible car driving ai takes the realism away during gameplay. But on screenshots it looks absolutely amazing for sure.

FireFly

You can just Google Digital Foundry recommended settings, which are often pretty similar to console anyway. And Overdrive is literally one setting. If you don't get enough performance you can try to lower resolution. Tinkering is for extracting the last drops of performance and for the most part is completely optional.

Please come off the high horse.. I'm also one of the old-school gamers around here but I feel like I'm gonna throw up in my mouth if you don't stop using the age/experience card. You sure as fuck don't get to represent me. The PC gaming hobby is so diverse, and no one is holding a gun to our heads, it's all harmless fun.

Edit: Wait, you're only 41..? LOL @ early midlife crisis. I'm far from 70 myself, but that's what you sounded like (not that you can't PC game at 70, my dad was PC gaming well past that).

images GIF

Top Bottom