• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0: Phantom Liberty | PC/Console Performance|Screenshots

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
n6Yk8MV.jpg

This is the same gig/building/area but on PC, maxed out:

LITIQlb.jpeg

MikeM

Any change in the console version? I finished the game on PC a while ago and figured I might do a playthrough on the PS5 version I have ignored.

MikeM

Cyberpunk doesn't seem to care about 3D V-Cache. For this game, the performance diff is pretty much inline between 5600X and the 5800X3D. I don't think you'll see much without moving to AM5.

Thats why im avoiding the 5800x3d. The benefits will only show in games that like cache. I currently have a 5600.
Yeah, I thought about that, but if I'm going to spend this kind of money, I really wait until I can see difference out of the box. I even fired up Starfield and walked around New Atlantis, which is supposedly the heavy CPU load area, and wasn't seeing any gains at all. I think right now I'm just pretty happy with 5600x.
Same. Keep it unless you go AM5 or Intel. Bundle deals are starting to occur that make the price of the 5800x3d really poor value.

Topher

Gold Member
Thats why im avoiding the 5800x3d. The benefits will only show in games that like cache. I currently have a 5600.

Same. Keep it unless you go AM5 or Intel. Bundle deals are starting to occur that make the price of the 5800x3d really poor value.

I think I'm just going to wait till Zen 5 and do a big upgrade then. I'm pretty happy with performance for the most part.

MikeM

I think I'm just going to wait till Zen 5 and do a big upgrade then. I'm pretty happy with performance for the most part.
Big brain play. The 5600 is a damn good CPU still today. I’m only going to AM5 or Intel 13-14 series if there is a really good bundle deal that makes it too good to pass up. A 5600/mobo/RAM kit can still get some decent money back today.

Gamerguy84

It's doing pretty well for itself. 110,000 right now on steam and 151,000 24 hour peak.

I was always interested in the game and was disappointed at launch when it got yanked from PSN. I'm going to check out the price it might be time to play.

Edit: Shit I own it. Not the trial version either. Did Sony give it away for a while?

Last edited:

Bojji

So looks like I can play with path tracing in 4070, only thing to change is final resolution from 4k to 3200x1800 (around that at least lol) using Nvidia upscaler

Previously game could drop to ~28fps at some points so even frame generation couldn't make it very smooth, but with this slight resolution drop it's ~40 on average, with frame gen it's above 60 most of the time. Surprisingly responsive and smooth, fully playable and looks great too:

Riky

$MSFT
Any change in the console version? I finished the game on PC a while ago and figured I might do a playthrough on the PS5 version I have ignored.

The patch notes say they have lowered the DRS scale from 4k to 1800p on Series X and PS5 so the game is more stable.

Darkone

Big brain play. The 5600 is a damn good CPU still today. I’m only going to AM5 or Intel 13-14 series if there is a really good bundle deal that makes it too good to pass up. A 5600/mobo/RAM kit can still get some decent money back today.
I have the 5600 as well, is it worth upgrading to a better cpu or keep it for a year or two more?
Have 4080 with it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Not that I need to officially declare it but this game is like a walking screenshot. I'm taking shots and will try to save some as I progress through the game. I may end up with a compendium of sorts in the second post. As much as I want to spam the thread just like anybody else, I made the threat so I at least have that luxury to be able to edit these stupid pictures in. But damn if the game just doesn't look gorgeous almost all the time. And yes, we can zoom into a box or a texture or maybe a can rolling in the street and get picky but when you're taking in the totality of it all, this is absurdly good looking.

I think that's reflective in the console versions but those of us privileged enough to have a reasonable computer, we are treated to a visual showcase. And talking about the actual game, it is really excellent to me. Excellent not that I'm ready to crowned and say it's a 9 or anything like that but definitely super competent and whatever changes they made (as reviews pointed out), it does feel like a different game than when it shipped.

Bojji

I have the 5600 as well, is it worth upgrading to a better cpu or keep it for a year or two more?
Have 4080 with it.

I upgraded 5600x to 5800x3d and difference is very big in some games.

Witcher 3 with RT dropped to 40 something fps in novigrad center on 5600x, over 60 minimum on 5800x3d. Jedi survivor runs much better too. Most games run better but sometimes game is unaffected by cache and differences will be minimal.

TrebleShot

Just to post my opinion on this update comparing console versions to the PC.

I mean it’s nice it’s cool when you see the lighting etc it can change the mood of a particular scene or area.

But what I will say is it’s still the same core experience and it’s not far away enough on the consoles that it feels like playing a switch version compared to the PC or something like that.

It’s still the same rough appearance your not getting vastly different textures etc it’s mostly lighting and reflections which to me feels like playing on high vs medium on PC.

I’m honestly not that impressed. But cool to use 3.5 etc I guess.

MikeM

Have 4080 with it.
I’d only upgrade to AM5 or Intel’s 14 series if I were you. 5800x3d will show benefits in games were they like cache, otherwise you won’t get any benefit. Some games love bandwidth which ddr5 is huge for alone.

Bojji

I’d only upgrade to AM5 or Intel’s 14 series if I were you. 5800x3d will show benefits in games were they like cache, otherwise you won’t get any benefit. Some games love bandwidth which ddr5 is huge for alone.

Changing to 5800x3D is much cheaper, but yeah differences aren't mind blowing but are present.

MikeM

Changing to 5800x3D is much cheaper, but yeah differences aren't mind blowing but are present.

Yeah it depends where you live. In Canada, the 5800x3d is over $400, while a full AM5 build is around $700. I’d just go the full AM5 side then part out the AM4 stuff now while its worth something.

Bojji

Yeah it depends where you live. In Canada, the 5800x3d is over $400, while a full AM5 build is around $700. I’d just go the full AM5 side then part out the AM4 stuff now while its worth something.

You sell current CPU after upgrading so it's not really 400$. Same goes for current components after platform upgrade but it's much more problematic potentially.

GymWolf

Lol i'm having a bug where the effects of the relic malfunction don't get away after you collapse in the automatic love mission so now i have weird glitches on screen and map and i can't get rid of them.

Reading online it seems like it was a common bug even 3 years ago, nice job cdp :lollipop_squinting:

Lol i'm having a bug where the effects of the relic malfunction don't get away after you collapse in the automatic love mission so now i have weird glitches on screen and map and i can't get rid of them.

Reading online it seems like it was a common bug even 3 years ago, nice job cdp :lollipop_squinting:

assuming you cant remove it. you can try the mod.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member

That tells us work on 2.0 started early after release. Some poor dev will have to rebase the v1.63 tree into the v2.0 tree and even more bugs are gonna appear.

A community patch for this game is inevitable...

GymWolf

assuming you cant remove it. you can try the mod.
I just reloaded a save 5 hours before a particular discussion with the metal arm shithead that trigger the bug.

This shit almost soured me on the entire game...almost.

I just reloaded a save 5 hours before a particular discussion with the metal arm shithead that trigger the bug.

This shit almost soured me on the entire game...almost.

UI bugs have been a part of CP2077 since day one, usually theyd get fixed with a reload but guess they just kinda messed it up recently. Its CDPR, thats why I didnt start replaying it right away :) Witcher 3 next-gen updated broke the entire game.

Sorry for the rant
All this bullshit upon bullshit to prove bullshit isn't bullshit is, well bullshit. Going for 4K while most tech, and people weren't, and still aren't ready for even 1080p, pursuing infantile tech like RT and PT one after another without letting any of them come even close to maturity, and then relying on all the ai bullshit to hide the deficiency, and fucking up image quality like never before. Almost no new game looks good and pleasing, they just have more. Would be OK, if indies and aa, and now apparently Nintendo, weren't infected as well.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Not super familiar n to have to come back months after I last play to have to get again respec my player. I don’t even remember what I had before.

Topher

Gold Member
Sorry for the rant
All this bullshit upon bullshit to prove bullshit isn't bullshit is, well bullshit. Going for 4K while most tech, and people weren't, and still aren't ready for even 1080p, pursuing infantile tech like RT and PT one after another without letting any of them come even close to maturity, and then relying on all the ai bullshit to hide the deficiency, and fucking up image quality like never before. Almost no new game looks good and pleasing, they just have more. Would be OK, if indies and aa, and now apparently Nintendo, weren't infected as well.

conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

Last edited:

GHG

Is that a trustworthy source? There’s just so much bullshit benchmarks on YouTube I don’t trust the ones that don’t have a front man.

But if so, look at those 1% lows

Man Body GIF

Yeh the 1% lows is one of the bigger jumps when going from a non X3D chip to an X3D one.

Topher Topher I'd suggest checking your temps with the 5800x3d, it will run hotter than you're used to with the 5600x.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

Yeh the 1% lows is one of the bigger jumps when going from a non X3D chip to an X3D one.

Topher Topher I'd suggest checking your temps with the 5800x3d, it will run hotter than you're used to with the 5600x.
I can actually confirm this as I have said this on here several times and on reddit. I have the 7800X3D. I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS SMOOTH OF AN EXPERIENCE AND 1% LOW. Not sure why the is in caps.

I was a little bit disappointed before some of these new technologies started maturing but I think we're starting to turn a corner in terms of optimization and it might actually service really well for this generation to last longer since all these new engines and technology that developers are still getting a grass on, they really need more maturing.

I think all of this will pay off more in the long run and makes me more certain about the next few years being kind of this growing period. By the time the 5000 series comes out for nvidia, we will probably be ready for an upgrade on the high-end in order to maintain that 4k120/44 we have been accustomed to on the high end.

Topher

Gold Member
I can actually confirm this as I have said this on here several times and on reddit. I have the 7800X3D. I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS SMOOTH OF AN EXPERIENCE AND 1% LOW. Not sure why the is in caps.

I was a little bit disappointed before some of these new technologies started maturing but I think we're starting to turn a corner in terms of optimization and it might actually service really well for this generation to last longer since all these new engines and technology that developers are still getting a grass on, they really need more maturing.

I think all of this will pay off more in the long run and makes me more certain about the next few years being kind of this growing period. By the time the 5000 series comes out for nvidia, we will probably be ready for an upgrade on the high-end in order to maintain that 4k120/44 we have been accustomed to on the high end.

GHG GHG Already returned the 5800x3D. I was already debating this upgrade or upgrading to AM5. I probably didn't give the 5800x3d a fair chance, but mainly just decided I wanted to go big next CPU bump. Question is whether I go Zen 4 or wait for Zen 5. Feel like the 5600x will be ok as I start stashing away funds.

Buggy Loop

I sent him the PBO tweaks a few days ago

Topher Topher 's results in Cyberpunk 2077 compared to you, for the same rig, is still perplexing me. He's 20 fps under you for overdrive 4k. He's getting your performances with psycho RT :messenger_fearful:

Maybe RAM clocks and timings? 5800X3D's sweet spot is 3600 MHz iirc. Runs 1:1 with the infinity fabric.

Every games that are physics heavy / AI heavy are flying on X3D chipsets

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
GHG GHG Already returned the 5800x3D. I was already debating this upgrade or upgrading to AM5. I probably didn't give the 5800x3d a fair chance, but mainly just decided I wanted to go big next CPU bump. Question is whether I go Zen 4 or wait for Zen 5. Feel like the 5600x will be ok as I start stashing away funds.
I sent him the PBO tweaks a few days ago

Topher Topher 's results in Cyberpunk 2077 compared to you, for the same rig, is still perplexing me. He's 20 fps under you for overdrive 4k. He's getting your performances with psycho RT :messenger_fearful:

Maybe RAM clocks and timings? 5800X3D's sweet spot is 3600 MHz iirc. Runs 1:1 with the infinity fabric.

Every games that are physics heavy / AI heavy are flying on X3D chipsets

What type of ram do you have Topher Topher ? Ram can increase the fps significantly in CP2077.

r3xzcQ4.jpg

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
3600 DDR4. That's all my motherboard can take. That's a big reason why I decided to wait and move up a CPU gen or two.
there-it.gif

Yeah smart move, im gonna do the same. Still on 11th gen i7K, does the job for now but next upgrade needs to be big.

LiquidMetal14

3600 DDR4. That's all my motherboard can take. That's a big reason why I decided to wait and move up a CPU gen or two.
That's one thing about these CPU's is that the newer x670's take up 6400mt/s now. That's why I bought the 6000. Mainly due to that being the spot for this CPU. I may decide to sell this and get a 6400 kit once I do more research but at least I can say I'm barely leaving any performance on the table.

Fools idol

Banned
I think it's worth pointing out that a lot of the immersion breaking bugs are sadly still present in the 2.0 version;

- NPCs in the streets behave like lemming still, for example if you block their path with a car / park on the curb, they just bump into it and spin around on the spot before going the other way
- If you punch a random pedestrian NPC they instantly die.
- Police still instantly dont give a shit about you if you are wanted and then run into a building. Bizarre
- Police AI is still kind of shitty in general. This is no GTA5.
- Vehicle bugs and npc response to violence in the street is still pretty awful
- Graphical issues remain such as swimming / shadows
- T boning is still a thing but it is a lot rarer. NPC's in later game quests still look like blobs every now and then.

Last edited:

yamaci17

Not that I need to officially declare it but this game is like a walking screenshot. I'm taking shots and will try to save some as I progress through the game. I may end up with a compendium of sorts in the second post. As much as I want to spam the thread just like anybody else, I made the threat so I at least have that luxury to be able to edit these stupid pictures in. But damn if the game just doesn't look gorgeous almost all the time. And yes, we can zoom into a box or a texture or maybe a can rolling in the street and get picky but when you're taking in the totality of it all, this is absurdly good looking.

I think that's reflective in the console versions but those of us privileged enough to have a reasonable computer, we are treated to a visual showcase. And talking about the actual game, it is really excellent to me. Excellent not that I'm ready to crowned and say it's a 9 or anything like that but definitely super competent and whatever changes they made (as reviews pointed out), it does feel like a different game than when it shipped.
dude zoom into stuff.

cyberpunk has some weird texture layering system where the closer you get, the better textures it loads

R4i24kh.jpg
W2hPS8r.jpg
qooBzH1.jpg

I dare you, go ahead and make close inspections. everything will look amazingly detailed actually lol

this game has insane detail that would actually make a 8K screen usable in a good way. most of this detaill will even be unnoticable at 1440p/4k resolutions. it is that good.

Top Bottom