• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0: Phantom Liberty | PC/Console Performance|Screenshots

Buggy Loop

there-it.gif

Yeah smart move, im gonna do the same. Still on 11th gen i7K, does the job for now but next upgrade needs to be big.

Still doesn't explain the delta he had with GHG GHG for the same setup, while i don't know GHG's memory speed, on AM4 you're limited to DDR4 anyway and going too fast has little to no return on X3D.

Topher Topher did you bother with PBO tweaking or you ripped it out? I can only think of thermal throttling left as the culprit. 5800X3D is a bit weird depending on coolers, but PBO tweaking is crazy on those chips. I can even run mine on a NH-L12s with tweaked quiet fan profile. When i slapped it in the tower initially without any adjustments, it had crazy thermals and fan spun like a jet engine.

Topher

Gold Member
Still doesn't explain the delta he had with GHG GHG for the same setup, while i don't know GHG's memory speed, on AM4 you're limited to DDR4 anyway and going too fast has little to no return on X3D.

Topher Topher did you bother with PBO tweaking or you ripped it out? I can only think of thermal throttling left as the culprit. 5800X3D is a bit weird depending on coolers, but PBO tweaking is crazy on those chips. I can even run mine on a NH-L12s with tweaked quiet fan profile. When i slapped it in the tower initially without any adjustments, it had crazy thermals and fan spun like a jet engine.

I ran the Cinebench stress test and my CPU got around 49-50 degrees max. Didn't feel like heat was really an issue for me. But hard to compare two systems like that. Different MBs, RAM, etc. Also, GHG GHG mentioned updating the bios. I didn't do that either. I'm betting his system is just better optimized than mine.

Alex11

Photo mode enhances the image. You can tell that by the FPS difference when you enter photo mode vs actually playing.
I've taken comparison shots between gameplay and photo mode galore, and besides resolution that is indeed increased, I have not seen anything else. No extra shadows, better draw distance or more rounded objects.

I like this as I hate photo mode where extra detail is added beyond resolution.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Photo mode enhances the image. You can tell that by the FPS difference when you enter photo mode vs actually playing.

My understanding of the photo mode was that if you leave the other settings alone it will basically only remove vignettes and apply sharpen (and too oversharpened for gameplay IMO)..?

(It seems to also change in-game screens/displays content).

Is it just me or does the DLSS option jump back to "Auto" when restarting the game, I'm confused.

Alex11

My understanding of the photo mode was that if you leave the other settings alone it will basically only remove vignettes and apply sharpen (and too oversharpened for gameplay IMO)..?

(It seems to also change in-game screens/displays content).

Is it just me or does the DLSS option jump back to "Auto" when restarting the game, I'm confused.
Yeah, don't know about vignette, as I have disabled all those effects, but as I said, I've seen only the resolution being higher.

djinferno807

Neo Member
I was very excited for this update as I was having the same issue as lot of people with the "memory leak" or gradual fps loss since launch. Or more specifically fps tanks and GPU shoots up to 100% when opening the map or inventory. Actually opening these triggers the issue then until a restart occurs the game runs poorly and even leaving the map keep fps low in the 20s for a few minutes.

I will say 2.0 gave me 15 more fps with exact same settings and the traversal stutter is all gone. I can run super smooth 60 fps 4K dlss quality now. Before it would be between 40-50 fps.

But sad to say doesn't last long. Opening the map or investory a few times triggers the fps drop and GPU 100% utilization issue. Actually main character interaction cutscenes triggers this as well. Then I have to restart.

Anybody else have this? I'm banging my head against my desk. I just want to enjoy the game. I don't know what else to do.

dude zoom into stuff.

cyberpunk has some weird texture layering system where the closer you get, the better textures it loads

R4i24kh.jpg
W2hPS8r.jpg
qooBzH1.jpg

I dare you, go ahead and make close inspections. everything will look amazingly detailed actually lol

this game has insane detail that would actually make a 8K screen usable in a good way. most of this detaill will even be unnoticable at 1440p/4k resolutions. it is that good.
Now post a picture of the french fries.

nemiroff

Gold Member
It adds the layer after you hit the space bar to take the pic. It's mostly what you see there. Pretty stunning real time gfx.
Btw, here are screenshots "before layer" vs photomode "after layer":

Screenshot-2023-09-24-201533.png

photomode-24092023-201516.png

I for one don't see a lot of difference. But I may be blind, so take with a grain of salt.

Edit: It just occured to me that perhaps closer objects are more affected than architecture. IDK.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
That "games" was meant to be "game".

No, there isn't, CP is the best looking game both from technical and visual perspective. It's the new Crysis in this aspects, it wasn't topped since 2020 and only got better looking after PT patch.

Agree 100%. Every time I jump back in, I'm just marveling at the scenery and atmosphere. Was just driving through downtown and wished I had stopped to take a screenshot of the two holographic fish. Amazing.

Alex11

Btw, here are screenshots "before layer" vs photomode "after layer":

Screenshot-2023-09-24-201533.png

photomode-24092023-201516.png

I for one don't see a lot of difference. But I may be blind, so take with a grain of salt.

Edit: It just occured to me that perhaps closer objects are more affected than architecture. IDK.
It really isn't, besides resolution, I've taken tons of photo mode shots vs gameplay shots. Also I don't take the screenshot with the game tool or steam.

Man this game when it fires from all cylinders looks bonkers, it may have lows, but the highs are fucking sky high.

Yn00E9v.jpg

Schmendrick

I tried to run the game with PT on my new Double UHD ultrawide monitor just for shits and giggles... think I got 1 to 5 FPS with my 3080.
This game will be a GPU benchmark for years.

salva

Holy fk from dropping this at launch with how it ran on Xbox One and the bugs, to starting a new character on my PC with the 2.0 update, this is amazing.

Also, after around 50-60 hours in Starfield, the NPC conversations, voice acting etc in Cyberpunk are next level and makes Starfield look even more robotic. I still absoltely love Starfield and up to the last main quest mission, but I think once that's done and I spend a bit of time in NG+ - I cannot wait to get back into Cyberpunk and then Phantom Liberty expansion later.

This game is not the new Crysis because it is well optimized. Sure you need a 4090 and frame generation for 4k, but I get 100+ fps mostly since the DLSS 3.5 update.
Crysis runs like shit to this day due to the poor CPU performance when a lot of AI is around. This is better than Crysis.

Last edited:

GymWolf

UI bugs have been a part of CP2077 since day one, usually theyd get fixed with a reload but guess they just kinda messed it up recently. Its CDPR, thats why I didnt start replaying it right away :) Witcher 3 next-gen updated broke the entire game.
This bug doesn't go away in no other way except choosing a different option during a discussion with metal arm, so it is just a matter of how old that save is.

The answer about howto fix it from the devs is the same as it was 3 years ago, absolutely laughable.

I swear i'm having more bugs and glitches with this 2.0 version of the game that when i played 80 hours at launch.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah, i'm playing the game maxed out and it is nowhere near that clean, especially with all the visual noise and shit introduced by pt and rr.

Tunned

The game runs smooth maxed out, on a 4090, and update 2.0 finally pulled me in after 12 hours of not feeling the game.

Is the game known to have hardcore pop in, and non loading LODs? For example when I was driving past the landfill next to the dam, half the garbage will load but the other remain as a low res lod..

And I don't understand how the rain effects are so cheap in this game, it's just a cheap texture. GTAV did it well 10 years ago, each rain drop seemed to be individual, yet CP rain looks like ass 🤦

The atmosphere in the game though... god damn it's immersive. I wish the game had third person view on foot.

sertopico

Unfortunately they fucked something up with lighting and self shadowing. If you notice npcs hair do not project hair shadows on themselves anymore. I don't know if it's because of ray reconstruction.

Bojji

This game is not the new Crysis because it is well optimized. Sure you need a 4090 and frame generation for 4k, but I get 100+ fps mostly since the DLSS 3.5 update.
Crysis runs like shit to this day due to the poor CPU performance when a lot of AI is around. This is better than Crysis.

That's true. Crysis in 2007 showed and and completely destroyed both hardware and competition. There was no better looking game for years, even now game still looks impressive in some aspects (physics) after... 16 years.

aging-getting-old.gif

Top Bottom