• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Chris Walken

Neo Member
Nah. They'll fix the game in 6-12 months and everyone will forget about this when the next-gen patch hits for the new consoles. If Bethesda can make people forget about how bad Fallout 76 was at launch, I have every confidence that CDPR will get through this relatively unscathed.

They wont recover from this, and the best example is Hello Games, even with a great comeback in No Mans Sky, people doesn't talk about them anymore.

Another great example but in AAA games is Bioware.

Roni

Gold Member
I didn't call/answer Mama Welles when I first played on PS4, and she just thought I wasnt ready to talk. So she sent me a package with Jackie's keys to his bike.. Then on PC I had time to call her, so I was notified in time to attend the funeral. Which I completely missed, but the game was like: OK, bro. But life goes on, you just didn't see that because you didn't reach out.

cebri.one

The game looks amazing but it is buggy as fuck. One crash every hour.

66XRSKu.jpg

Loostreaks

Found my first carnage shotgun. Gun sounds are legit better than most FPS out there ( and reload sounds are so damn crisp). My scrawny netrunner can't even use it right, but can't get enough of firing it.

Rossco EZ

how do i view or use brain dances? i bought some from a street dealer and don’t know if i need to go somewhere to view them

Ivory Blood

Without going into spoiler territory, how important are the choices in main story missions? Is it usual "you move from same plot point to plot point but npc x replaces npc y", or do they don't impact the plot, but open up additional side quests?
Hmm, it's more like main story missions are there to guarantee you getting one ending - a lot of details may change, depending on your decisions during these missions - like you say some NPCs are there or not, treat V differently, Vs motivation for doing it and etc. Your decisions in side quests and relationship with Silverhand and important NPCs actually do have an effect on availability of some of those sidequests and endings and different variations of them - be an asshole to Judy (even when answering her messages) for example, and of course she won't call you later to advance her storyline. Also some random gigs and jobs around the city actually can give additional paths to complete main or side storylines.

It's a very complex web of choice and consequence - you will always finish the "Fools Journey" so to speak, but how you finish it is up to you.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

how do i view or use brain dances? i bought some from a street dealer and don’t know if i need to go somewhere to view them
You talking about that guy who tries to sell you the "hottest braindances" near one of the megatowers? You have to use his BD headset for that.

I keep hearing about crashes, but I've got two computers (mine and my wife's) in my house, each running CP2077, and neither have encountered a crash yet. About 20hrs on one and 30hrs on the other. Is this mostly on console, I wonder?

DonJorginho

Banned
I keep hearing about crashes, but I've got two computers (mine and my wife's) in my house, each running CP2077, and neither have encountered a crash yet. About 20hrs on one and 30hrs on the other. Is this mostly on console, I wonder?
PS5 has a persistent bug where after every 1.5-2 hours it kicks you to the PS home screen and closes Cyberpunk, that's the biggest issue I've had, but it isn't too bad, if you close the game before the 1.5/2 hour mark it won't kick you out yourself, can be a bit annoying when I'm so immersed in the game but it's workable, should be fixed this week I hope in the upcoming patch.

• Triggered
Reactions: KO7
PS5 has a persistent bug where after every 1.5-2 hours it kicks you to the PS home screen and closes Cyberpunk, that's the biggest issue I've had, but it isn't too bad, if you close the game before the 1.5/2 hour mark it won't kick you out yourself, can be a bit annoying when I'm so immersed in the game but it's workable, should be fixed this week I hope in the upcoming patch.
That would be pretty annoying. Do you at least get the snappy PS5 loading speeds, like with Spiderman MM, or is it PS4-level load times?

DonJorginho

Banned
That would be pretty annoying. Do you at least get the snappy PS5 loading speeds, like with Spiderman MM, or is it PS4-level load times?
Definitely faster than PS4 times but not as fast as Series X due to backwards compatibility being more advanced with Xbox.

56 seconds from starting the game to getting into a save on PS5 compared to 43 seconds on Series X.

buenoblue

Finally dialed in some settings that make the game playable on pc with an xbox one controller.

Inner deadzone 0
Outer deadzone 1

Horizontal Sensitivity 6
Vertical sensitivity 3
Zoom sensitivity reduction 2
Response curve recommended
Horizontal turning bonus 1.70
Vertical turning bonus 1.80
Turning ramp up time 0.50
Turning delay 0
Horizontal turning ADS 2
Vertical turning ADS 0
Turning ramp up time ADS 0.50
Turning delay ADS 0

You might need more vertical sensitivity but it's a starting point. I invert y axis too.

Actually feels like a shooter with these settings.

ebevan91

For some reason my game is kinda choppy today. I’ve been playing on 4K resolution using DLSS performance mode and it’s been running fine but today I had to bump the res down to 1440p and do DLSS ultra performance and I’m still getting frame rate drops.

John Day

CDProjekt reputation is dead right now, it will never recoger from this backlash (in the end deserved).

I doubt we will see a Cyberpunk sequel in the future due to this, and Witcher 4 will pay CDProjekt sins.

It's a pitty, because as a game, Cyberpunk is much better than t'he critically acclaimed Witcher 3 in almost every aspect, especially in lvl design, gameplay and rpg elements.

But the reallity is this, trully cyberpunk genre is cursed to be a failure in entertainment industry, starting from Blade Runner in t'he 80s, trough Blade Runner 2049, Alita, Deus Ex and Altered Carbon in modern times, and ending in Cyberpunk 2077.

This hurts, because is my favourite genre.
Lol nah. EA has had much worse backlash than this, alive and well. Bethesda, Take Two and Square Enix too. 🤷🏽‍♂️

ZehDon

Gold Member
I'm maybe 10 hours in, and I'm finding the initial talk by some of the first wave reviewers about money being too hard to come by, crafting being useless, stealth and hacking being pointless, to all fall flat.

Crafting and Money
I collect every weapon and item from my enemies after a gun fight. I sell off the really high value stuff right away. Then, when I'm close to my carry limit, I dismantle weapons, clothes and junk, and either sell the crafting components directly, or create new, higher value items to sell. This has given me loads of cash. I paid the $21k debt to Vik before Act 1 closed, and I just dropped another $15k on my first wave of body mods, while planning out my next, higher cost purchases. Money's not too easy to come by, but as the game's progressed, the value of the stuff I've picked up has increased too, so it should balance out nicely.

Stealth and Hacking
As long as you intend to play this way, I find it all to be pretty terrific. The environmental hacking options are fantastic, and provide a lot of room to herd your opponents. I set off a TV in a room, and when a guard walked in to investigate, I disabled the door behind him, trapping him inside. Then, I reset the optics of his buddy, and, because I had enough points in Body to force a locked door behind him, I was able to duck through without ever being seen. Feels amazing, but you get out what you put in. If you follow the path of least resistance, you'll run and gun always because its simpler. But a proper stealth run is so much more rewarding to me. And the quick hacks really give you options to break combat and return to stealth, which is lacking from a lot of other games of this type. The implants and mods are really opening up to me now. I have a mod that automatically highlights enemies who detect me, which will make breaking combat even easier. Combined with the hacking perks, this eclipses a lot of other immersive sims in terms of raw options.

Overall, the more I play, the more I'm finding and appreciating about the game's systems. It's a simple shooter with some dialog options if you want it to be - or its a stealth hacking immersive sim if you want it to be. Cannot wait to play through this again.

Last edited:
Awesome OT2 Black Chamber, I love it.

After doing a bunch of the rescue gig missions I suddenly want to make a Joaquin Phoenix: ‘You Were Never Really Here’ blunt object build lol.

Bkdk

I have to say even though the game will have quite a few sequels, the way they handle the endings of V is still unsatisfying comparing to many other multi sequel IPs, probably the worst ending experience compared to the first mass effect, dragon age, witcher 1 or even deus ex human revolution. 5.5 years of waiting and this is the way they handle V's ending? Very disappointing. I still enjoy the game overall as the Art, visuals and atmosphere and few of the characters are really top notch. Though quest level design, enemy and mission variety, pacing for some story missions is passable at best. AI and driving experience on PC is pretty lackluster. I wouldn't be surprised that half of those development time is them trying to add things that they have to cut out in the end and most of the time was spent on debugging as they tried to add too many features. The open world is a big waste of space, few of the missions happened in the city, most buildings have no interiors to enter either.

Honestly it will help if they can hire some ubisoft assembly line production staff, that's to give them some realistic expection and let them know their limits, so that they will focus on what they do best and perhaps just go for hub based level design like deus ex, with more story and character missions and give player a more diverse story experience base on their choices.

Now onto some speculation and I assume that this story arc will be a trilogy, with a new protag for the second and third. THe thrid will be switching character back and fourth like GTA and there will be muitiple endings deciding the final fate of all three protags, hopefully they don't mess that up.

Oh and they should definitely include 3P sex scene for all 3 protags in the third game as well to keep their R rated tradition.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
What is the file size on XSX with all the updates? Mine's at 59.1 GB after installing. This seems small though.

That should be fine.

I been trying to do this money glitch but the enemies are red skulls 😑

Do we need a Cyberpunk2077 picture thread?

Last edited:

Chris Walken

Neo Member
I have to say even though the game will have quite a few sequels, the way they handle the endings of V is still unsatisfying comparing to many other multi sequel IPs, probably the worst ending experience compared to the first mass effect, dragon age, witcher 1 or even deus ex human revolution. 5.5 years of waiting and this is the way they handle V's ending? Very disappointing. I still enjoy the game overall as the Art, visuals and atmosphere and few of the characters are really top notch. Though quest level design, enemy and mission variety, pacing for some story missions is passable at best. AI and driving experience on PC is pretty lackluster. I wouldn't be surprised that half of those development time is them trying to add things that they have to cut out in the end and most of the time was spent on debugging as they tried to add too many features. The open world is a big waste of space, few of the missions happened in the city, most buildings have no interiors to enter either.

Honestly it will help if they can hire some ubisoft assembly line production staff, that's to give them some realistic expection and let them know their limits, so that they will focus on what they do best and perhaps just go for hub based level design like deus ex, with more story and character missions and give player a more diverse story experience base on their choices.

Now onto some speculation and I assume that this story arc will be a trilogy, with a new protag for the second and third. THe thrid will be switching character back and fourth like GTA and there will be muitiple endings deciding the final fate of all three protags, hopefully they don't mess that up.

There won't be a sequel

SCB3

Well I feel stupid, 10 hours in and I've just learnt that I can craft weapons, grenades and Medipaks

I legit thought I had to unlock it later as I saw that some of it said blocked, I've been picking up new weapons and scavenging items from enemies.

Also I did the Clouds section, is there a way to stealth or speach that at all? I feel like the game kinda screwed me into a hard combat section (playing on very hard)

Caldain

Neo Member
Well I feel stupid, 10 hours in and I've just learnt that I can craft weapons, grenades and Medipaks

I legit thought I had to unlock it later as I saw that some of it said blocked, I've been picking up new weapons and scavenging items from enemies.

Also I did the Clouds section, is there a way to stealth or speach that at all? I feel like the game kinda screwed me into a hard combat section (playing on very hard)

There are two ways to get into the Clouds VIP section without combat that I saw. There's two guards talking at the entrance, one goes off to the bathroom, you can knock him out and take his passcard. Or there is a door to the left of the entrance that you can force your way in. Looks like a storage room, I think. There's a guy inside, knock him out and you can take his passcard.

I'm maybe 10 hours in, and I'm finding the initial talk by some of the first wave reviewers about money being too hard to come by, crafting being useless, stealth and hacking being pointless, to all fall flat.

Crafting and Money
I collect every weapon and item from my enemies after a gun fight. I sell off the really high value stuff right away. Then, when I'm close to my carry limit, I dismantle weapons, clothes and junk, and either sell the crafting components directly, or create new, higher value items to sell. This has given me loads of cash. I paid the $21k debt to Vik before Act 1 closed, and I just dropped another $15k on my first wave of body mods, while planning out my next, higher cost purchases. Money's not too easy to come by, but as the game's progressed, the value of the stuff I've picked up has increased too, so it should balance out nicely.

Stealth and Hacking
As long as you intend to play this way, I find it all to be pretty terrific. The environmental hacking options are fantastic, and provide a lot of room to herd your opponents. I set off a TV in a room, and when a guard walked in to investigate, I disabled the door behind him, trapping him inside. Then, I reset the optics of his buddy, and, because I had enough points in Body to force a locked door behind him, I was able to duck through without ever being seen. Feels amazing, but you get out what you put in. If you follow the path of least resistance, you'll run and gun always because its simpler. But a proper stealth run is so much more rewarding to me. And the quick hacks really give you options to break combat and return to stealth, which is lacking from a lot of other games of this type. The implants and mods are really opening up to me now. I have a mod that automatically highlights enemies who detect me, which will make breaking combat even easier. Combined with the hacking perks, this eclipses a lot of other immersive sims in terms of raw options.

Overall, the more I play, the more I'm finding and appreciating about the game's systems. It's a simple shooter with some dialog options if you want it to be - or its a stealth hacking immersive sim if you want it to be. Cannot wait to play through this again.

The funny thing with me is I expected to go stealth only, but have found my way into a silenced revolver stealth build that uses blade melee and speed/evasion when I get caught... and then it’s slice and dice mode. But just switching between the two is like going between two different games. Instead of thinking: ‘Ahhhh fuck I got caught’ now it’s more like: ‘I’m going to have a harder time find their guns amongst their limbs’.

Rex_DX

Gold Member

Crafting and Money

Stealth and Hacking

Yeah I agree about the money. I didn't really know how to treat this game, but the more I play it the more I realize if I revert to Bethesda game logic then it works.

Clear a firefight? Loot everything. Initially I was worried the cops were on the way or something but if I just treat this with the same concepts as I did New Vegas it's smooth sailing.

SCB3

There are two ways to get into the Clouds VIP section without combat that I saw. There's two guards talking at the entrance, one goes off to the bathroom, you can knock him out and take his passcard. Or there is a door to the left of the entrance that you can force your way in. Looks like a storage room, I think. There's a guy inside, knock him out and you can take his passcard.

Yea I did the first option of knocking out the guard and taking his key, but once I went near the office, the place went into full alert and I had to fight out, I have 0 idea why though, no camera , no guards saw me enter and I have a VIP card, so who knows

On a side note, Judy is an awesome character so far

Mossybrew

I feel like the dialogue is natural in a way that a lot of games fail at. Like, several times now I've been surprised by reactions that just made sense, like me giving my opinion to a character I don't have a relationship with and they'll just be like, "WTF I don't even know you" - so used to NPCs giving their life story to the player at the drop of a hat, it's nice to have characters be dismissive and even rude to you. Same with some of the decisions you're able to make during quests, like, in most other games Panam's diversion to go get revenge would just be another mandatory step of the questline, it was so refreshing to be able to say "No, fuck that, we're sticking to the plan"

I didn't call/answer Mama Welles when I first played on PS4, and she just thought I wasnt ready to talk. So she sent me a package with Jackie's keys to his bike.. Then on PC I had time to call her, so I was notified in time to attend the funeral. Which I completely missed, but the game was like: OK, bro. But life goes on, you just didn't see that because you didn't reach out.
I love that stuff, how they mix meeting NPC's with calls and texts and how not everything is instant. I met up with Takamura or whatever his name is. Then he fills me in on the details via text message but we end up insulting each other. Thirty minutes later he texts back to apologize. So good.

Top Bottom