• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

I feel like the dialogue is natural in a way that a lot of games fail at. Like, several times now I've been surprised by reactions that just made sense, like me giving my opinion to a character I don't have a relationship with and they'll just be like, "WTF I don't even know you" - so used to NPCs giving their life story to the player at the drop of a hat, it's nice to have characters be dismissive and even rude to you. Same with some of the decisions you're able to make during quests, like, in most other games Panam's diversion to go get revenge would just be another mandatory step of the questline, it was so refreshing to be able to say "No, fuck that, we're sticking to the plan"
I agree. Although, I do feel that some of the blue dialog options sometimes don't really jive (in tone) with the other blue options available if you don't choose them in a certain order. Doesn't seem to happen that often, tho, so it's not a big deal - just something I've noticed a few times.

UncleMeat

I was kind of a jack-of-all trades in my first playthrough b/c I wanted to try everything and I thought I'd go for more of a stealth/hacking run on my second playthrough but I think instead I want to do a berserk cyberdeck, ignore hacking run-n-gun asshole playthrough. I'm just going to dump all my points into reflexes and beef up on handgun (revolvers are too good!) and blade skills.

When the next gen patch hits then I'll probably do a stealth corpo chick playthrough.

Reactions: Isa

Null Persp

The Fenrir weapon is godlike, enemies go down very fast even at very hard.
You can even only shoot 1-2 times and stop and they die by fire in seconds.

Last edited:

KO7

I wouldn’t think this is a spoiler, but I’ll play it safe anyway:

Woodman is obviously a parody/replica of:

Pierre Woodman of woodmancastingx adult video group right?

shubik

I´m 35 hours into the game and just started the Pacifica quest. The last couple of days I mainly did sidequest and the amount of stuff to do is still absolutely mind-boggling. I feel like the quests just keep coming. People that finish this game after 20 hours effectively miss the biggest chunk of the game. Why would you do this?

Ultimadrago

Black Chamber Black Chamber Great work on the OT! Thanks to the original OT creators for giving everyone a chance to see Chamber's as well! Awesome work.

On the game, does anyone else feel the weapon shops "move the goalposts" so-to-speak for weapon rarities? I feel like I buy a Legendary with all my funds earlier and then a few hours later there's another more expensive Legendary in its place. I'm starting to wonder if they ever stop simply increasing.

HotPocket69

Banned
Black Chamber Black Chamber Great work on the OT! Thanks to the original OT creators for giving everyone a chance to see Chamber's as well! Awesome work.

On the game, does anyone else feel the weapon shops "move the goalposts" so-to-speak for weapon rarities? I feel like I buy a Legendary with all my funds earlier and then a few hours later there's another more expensive Legendary in its place. I'm starting to wonder if they ever stop simply increasing.

I’ve never bought any weapons in the shops lol

pratyush

Some of you don't remember the state of Witcher 3 on PS4 and Xbox one. It was barely playable and had tons of bugs.

CDPR will fix the bugs but eventually we all have to accept that previous gen console will not be able to run this game like RDR2 or Witcher 3. I guess a year from now, no one will remember what happened at launch if they get most of the bugs and next gen patch working. This game will make them money for years.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

HotPocket69

Banned
Don’t tell Ree

pWBW6g0.jpg

TheMan

can we all agree that vehicles control like shit with a controller? I"m playing on pc, haven't bothered with kbm controls yet in favor of my trusty wired xbox 360 controller. I have to say that vehicle controls are too sensitive and just don't feel good.

Rillania

Gold Member
I managed to get some decent play time in this weekend, and I've been having an absolute blast. I very rarely buy games at / around release day, but I'm really happy that I did. While I do have some issues with some QoL stuff and things I'm not sure are bugs or just intentional (Such as being unable to pick up some items no matter what angle I try, and being unable to turn on the radio in V's room until I picked up the drinks on the table, etc), I haven't come across anything gamebreaking or bothersome.

I ended up deciding to break off from the main story and go exploring after I hit the Afterlife quest to check out the open world and level up a bit. There's so much to see in the city and I love how the different neighborhoods have different feels to them. There's also an insane amount of worldbuilding in all of the shards you find littered through the side-missions that I seriously think folks who ignore them are missing out. They flesh out so many aspects of the history and life of Night City. The Doc Paradox stuff is especially a neat touch.

Did get this gem of a bug though that gave me a pretty good laugh.

Last edited:

Ultimadrago

For real, the women in Night City look great!

But CDPR, are you kidding me with so few prostitute options in the whole game? I mean, not even model swaps with the same pool of animations.

Heartbroken ova' hea!

• Thoughtful
Reactions: KO7
can we all agree that vehicles control like shit with a controller? I"m playing on pc, haven't bothered with kbm controls yet in favor of my trusty wired xbox 360 controller. I have to say that vehicle controls are too sensitive and just don't feel good.
They've been more or less fine for me. Granted, I haven't done a ton of driving. My biggest beef with the cars is the camera and how it has a long-ass delay before it decides to center itself after turning a corner. I feel like I have to babysit the thing.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
They've been more or less fine for me. Granted, I haven't done a ton of driving. My biggest beef with the cars is the camera and how it has a long-ass delay before it decides to center itself after turning a corner. I feel like I have to babysit the thing.

agreed. One of the first things I do is turn off the goddamn "auto-center camera" option. Did it in Witcher 3 and I'm very annoyed it's not an option in Cyberpunk. Just ... why?

Just let me operate the camera, game! You do not know better than me!

Madflavor

I've been wondering about the whole controversy surrounding this game. How realistically can we expect them to improve on people's complaints about the game? I'm not talking about bugs and performance, that'll obviously get fixed. I'm talking about:
  • Police AI being terrible
  • NPC AI being lifeless
  • Lack of customization options such as changing hairstyle and appearance, customizing weapons/cars/apartment, etc.
  • No transmog
  • Lack of immersive and random things to do in the city such as no minigames, hailing cabs, sitting for some food/drink, gun range, etc.
  • Lack of romance options and prostitutes to bang (This one is funny to me, but also valid I think.)
I mean if they completely resolved, or at the very least improved on all these things, it could turn CP77 into something truly special. But the question is whether or not this will realistically happen. Are they gonna go down the No Man's Sky route, or are they gonna do the bare minimum before moving on to developing Multiplayer and the DLC?

(BTW I say all this as someone who is having a lot of fun. But I can't ignore the complaints from others, nor my own personal feelings after 40+ hours that there's a lot of missed potential here.)

Last edited:

Komatsu

I've been wondering about the whole controversy surrounding this game. How realistically can we expect them to improve on people's complaints about the game? I'm not talking about bugs and performance, that'll obviously get fixed. I'm talking about:

• NPC AI being lifeless
  • Lack of customization options such as changing hairstyle and appearance, customizing weapons/cars/apartment, etc.
  • No transmog
  • Lack of immersive and random things to do in the city such as no minigames, hailing cabs, sitting for some food/drink, gun range, etc.
  • Lack of romance options and prostitutes to bang (This one is funny to me, but also valid I think.)
I mean if they completely resolved, or at the very least improved on all these things, it could turn CP77 into something truly special. But the question is whether or not this will realistically happen. Are they gonna go down the No Man's Sky route, or are they gonna do the bare minimum before moving on to developing Multiplayer and the DLC?

As someone who's been buying CDPR games since the halcyon days of the original Witcher physical edition, there is not a single game of theirs that did not get significant overhauls as time went on. Both W1 and W2 had enhanced editions that massively improved the game (both EEs were free for those who bought the base game) and the first 5 patches of W3 changed the inventory system, overhauled storage...

I expect most of the issues to be fixed in the next 6 months.

I do have a couple of things I wished they would do:

1. Custom radio stations on PC, à la GTA. We were promised something to that effect on the CDPR forum about 2 years ago;
  2. New Game +;
  3. Adding ways of customizing one's appearance throughout the game. Barbers, plastic surgeons, the works.

Madflavor

Welp I just hit level 30 and I still have tons of Side Quests on the Map and halfway through Act 2. Hope I don't cap out too early.

Rillania

Gold Member
I'd honestly be really surprised if they didn't add in some type of way to change your character's appearance.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
  • NPC AI being lifeless
  • No transmog

(BTW I say all this as someone who is having a lot of fun. But I can't ignore the complaints from others, nor my own personal feelings after 40+ hours that there's a lot of missed potential here.)

They don't really have a precedent for the whole No Man's Sky model - i.e. redoing/revamping core systems - but they certainly do for bringing an awful lot to the game after launch. Just using the Witcher 3 as an example they completely overhauled the menu systems and rebalanced the loot (it was still kind of made pointless by Witcher gear but that's a separate conversation) and added a storage-stash and barber.

Witcher 1 and 2 also received free (for previous owners) "Enhanced Editions" that worked wonders to squash bugs and polish the experiences.

But what are the chances they overhaul stuff like the core behavior of the AI, police, etc.? That's a great question and I'm on the fence as to the answer. What I'd like to think is that an awful lot in this game is "placeholder" stuff (it certainly feels like it is at least) and that, at a certain point in development like six weeks ago, they realized another delay was impossible and stopped work on the actual systems they wanted to implement and instead threw something together that could feasibly ship.

What I actually think is that they'll add some, but not all, of the features you listed and stop short of any major overhauls to core gameplay systems.

But I could be wrong. I'd love to see them pull a Hello Games and see a video promoting the "Car Update," or the "AI Update," all over the place in 2021.

Komatsu

But I could be wrong. I'd love to see them pull a Hello Games and see a video promoting the "Car Update," or the "AI Update," all over the place in 2021.

There's always the possibility that we will get a 20h long DLC where a lot of these issues simply don't occur. Toussaint, for example, runs a lot better than the plain vanilla W3 map, since they had almost an additional year to optimize it.

Top Bottom