• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: CONTROL PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S 60 Fps and RT mode

FrankWza

They had to hide it quickly, it was at 45fps before they cut it out, probably going even lower. They've spent too much time damage controlling already for its drops and lying about it not being HW based. Hope NXGamer makes a comparison soon, also VGTech.
He says it under his breath...about the graph.
Then right after, they mention the s. Say it’s 60, mention the 900p concession which is necessary for 60. Then, right after they say it drops to 50fps but it actually goes under. They say it’s 60 95% of the time except during big battles. Huh?

Fredrik

They had to hide it quickly, it was at 45fps before they cut it out, probably going even lower. They've spent too much time damage controlling already for its drops and lying about it not being HW based. Hope NXGamer makes a comparison soon, also VGTech.
Tom at DF and NX both has a preference, the 100% unbiased analysis people want isn’t happening, just ask someone here instead if the drops are frequent and problematic if you don’t yet know what box to buy or where to play the game.

Or skip both and play it through Geforce Now✌️

*Looks up at post title*
Control right? It came out on Xbox/PS4 first.
Yeah and you are arguing it's optimized to take advantage of compression tech in ps5 and it's not the same as PS4 version. If that's the case what's up with Xbox and where is it's compression optimization. I'm saying we don't know it's Kraken and could very well be a multitude of things like just the Xbox version has redundant data for whatever reason.

Stooky

Thank u my man... they are some 4k games on both machines PS5 and Series X. Now can someone tell me what games are 1440p on Series S or how many games are there. Would like to know that. Some people here didn't saw the images i uploaded... let me upload them again.

Does the PS5 website says 8K gaming there? Sure neither the Series X or PS5 can hit 4k gaming in all games like this one but they are some. Like I ask again. Can someone tell me which games are 1440p on Series S? Who is lying more? Sony with the PS5 or MS with the Series X or with the Series S? What is more distant with the reality?

UCREKL5.jpg
m4FR63q.jpg
qDEUPHC.jpg
reposted by accident. disregard please

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Yeah and you are arguing it's optimized to take advantage of compression tech in ps5 and it's not the same as PS4 version. If that's the case what's up with Xbox and where is it's compression optimization. I'm saying we don't know it's Kraken and could very well be a multitude of things like just the Xbox version has redundant data for whatever reason.
Maye the Xbox does not have any new compression enabled in the XDK/GDK. I also pointed out redundant data, but not the fantasy that xbox fans are say they are duplicating the whole game. All games duplicate textures to minimize loading, so that would be true for the PS4 too, hence a similar file size. So maye the Ps5 has better compression and/or removal of duplicate textures.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
gVIn18D.jpg

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It really comes down to one simple fact....

The Ps5 design more closely resembles a vagina ..

now that’s either always puts it over as a win or a loss depending on the individual point of view.

Last edited:
It really comes down to one simple fact....

The Ps5 design more closely resembles a vagina ..

now that’s either always puts over as a win or a loss depending on the individual point of view.

Now custom front plates are coming out. Do you think we’ll see labia designs?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Your comparisons are way off. lol

We have already seen games load within a few seconds on the PlayStation 5, which doesn't stop third party devs from achieving better load times.

What we haven't seen is this huge gap in power Xbox fanboys have been celebrating over the past year. What we are hearing from devs is that the consoles are close in power and that's exactly what we have seen thus far.
Thank you.

Its really not that hard to understand, or shouldn't be.

Unless Sony exclusives don't count. Miles, Demons Souls, Astro, Sack Boy all have fast as hell loading, in game too.

Tchu-Espresso

Don't look at the number up there, the graph needs to reach the middle line to register the FPS, which is few seconds ahead. Watch the video again and monitor the graph and the number up there when it passes the middle vertical line.
Not sure if that is a comment to me, but I know how the frame graph works haha.

That’s the last frame before DF cut away because it’s not good for their narrative.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Thank you.

Its really not that hard to understand, or shouldn't be.

Unless Sony exclusives don't count. Miles, Demons Souls, Astro, Sack Boy all have fast as hell loading, in game too.
Add destruction all stars to that list.

Tchu-Espresso

I will be hated again but things needs to be talked.

Pretty lazy analysis from DF again.

- Input lag not even talked (seems way higher than last gen versions)
- File size not talked (there is a over 50% difference in file size)

I mean they used to cover all points including power consumption and noise but today they do a very rushed work.

What is really happening?
The “digital” part of Digital Foundry is extremely narrow.

If they measured/commented on input lag, and especially this gen - 3D audio, it would be illuminating.

Kuranghi

I'm annoyed they didn't address the gamma issue on PS5 in the latest patch, but they didn't even acknowledge it. The only reason I know they are aware of it is through Digital Foundry and I've even tried contacting Remedy and the publisher through several channels to get an update on the problem but no reply. I'm put off playing even though I've already completed it on PC as I never played with RT on PC so want to see all of that. The "twisted office" on the way to the P6 area is completely unplayable.

Definitely play with HDR off in the PS5 settings imo, I have a high quality LCD TV and even it just looks worse in every way when HDR is on. Black levels that shouldn't be a problem for my set are really elevated and there is blooming indicating they spent no time at all testing the game with the PS5 in HDR output mode. Or if they did they only did it on TVs with crappy black levels (or on a uncalibrated OLED maybe) to begin with where the difference isn't nearly as noticeable. Its such a shame since this game would shine in HDR, the presentation necessitates crushed shadows and really bright light sources so use the extra dynamic range to make the lights more details and bright and make those shadows inky black, instead of right now where in the Firebreak sections the darkness that I'd assume is supposed to be inky black from an art perspective, is still very elevated for me.

Come on Remedy fix the presentation of your game before it leaves PS Plus at least, please:

Last edited:
Top Bottom