• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones: The Great Circle New Trailer | Xbox Showcase 2024

I don’t understand the even mild hype for this. Graphics are an 8, gameplay nearly non existent. All we have hope for is a good story, maybe puzzles? But then my optimism came in. Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay.

There’s hope

Riddick had none of this cringe and it masterfully balanced gameplay and cutscenes. MachineGames sucks. They have no sense of pacing, their style is "we liked a 2009 Tarantino movie" and their gameplay blows.
At least they're done raping Wolfenstein.

Looks good and fun, but don’t like it that it seems that most of the time the woman is by your side, I don’t want to listen to her telling me what I can already see.

Also I wish they wouldn’t have Troy Baker voicing Indiana Bones, most of the time he is not even trying to sound like Indiana Jones and it just sounds like Troy’s normal voice. I am sure there are cheaper options to get a Harrison Ford sound alike if you cannot get Ford to do it.

Audiophile

I just can't get past the faces, a narrative-heavy big title based on a (mostly) well-loved franchise and they couldn't come up with something a bit tighter..?

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I just want to see gameplay that isn't clipped at 1-2 seconds. I don't even know what game to compare this games combat to? First person melee is usually awkward af. And it is a little concerning that they are marketing cinematics over gameplay
I'm sure we'll get that, but i liked what i saw in the video and the showcase the other day. I have a feeling this will get a 6 month delay, which is fine. I'd rather they get it right instead of shovelling shit out of the door like as of late.

Nostalgia couldn't even get audiences in seats to watch an actual Indy movie last year.

This game is going to flop so hard.
The movie flopped because it was a pile of shit. If the game is decent it will be fine.

We'll see I guess, cautiously optimistic about this one.

StereoVsn

as

Oh, what, games should only be written by straight people?
Of course not. Games can be written by anyone. The issue is when writers sexual identity is the main thing about them and then they try to self insert that into their games.

Well written games can have characters of all types, because that’s just a small facet of them. Bad games make that the main theme.

StereoVsn

What forced ideology was in the trailer? Indy’s on an adventure and gonna be killing some Nazis. Which has kinda been his thing since the first movie.

Is it just because his sidekick is a woman? Or are you just looking for things to be upset about?

I didn’t see anything here that was out of character for the Indy we’ve known for 40 years (except Baker’s voice)
Yeah, I thought the trailer was very much an Indy movie in spirit. I mean look at the first three good movies and compare to the trailer. It’s not too far from the actual good Indy films.

StereoVsn

Same, very excited for this. Lack of gameplay is somewhat concerning but its machinegames, I have faith.

Machinegames 100% has a boner for killing nazis and I’m here for it just like the first 3 times.
1BpZ.gif

Jesb

Game looks good to me. And if they nail some of the humour and puzzles could be a real winner. The developer is good I expect a 7-8 at minimum from this game. I’m hopeful this delivers because there’s not a lot to look forward to this year.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

Gold Member
I just want to see gameplay that isn't clipped at 1-2 seconds. I don't even know what game to compare this games combat to? First person melee is usually awkward af. And it is a little concerning that they are marketing cinematics over gameplay

Here's 15 seconds

It will play like a Machinegame Wolfenstein and I can't wait tbh

Last edited:
Here's 15 seconds

It will play like a Machinegame Wolfenstein and I can't wait tbh

I doubt you will be running and gunning down nazis in the same way you are in Wolfenstein. If Indy is mostly a stealth game, that is fine. It fits Indy. I just want to see more of it. We are kind of left in the dark what the gameplay loop is

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I doubt you will be running and gunning down nazis in the same way you are in Wolfenstein. If Indy is mostly a stealth game, that is fine. It fits Indy. I just want to see more of it. We are kind of left in the dark what the gameplay loop is
We really are. I'm guessing from what I've seen it's stealth/puzzles, with some very limited and occasional gunplay (the part of the trailer where he fired the gun seemed really simplistic). I really have no idea how this is going to turn out, but I don't get a great feeling from the trailers or the small amounts of gameplay we've seen.

Top Bottom