• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones: The Great Circle New Trailer | Xbox Showcase 2024

Mister Wolf

Written by:

kL5VLiW.jpeg

4283287430_5a1596d454_z.jpg

simpatico

Kinda got some Riddick vibes to the gameplay at the end. Not loving the 5 minute cutscene though. Tentatively excited.

Kilau

Then every game should stop spamming it in all their videos.

All we want are good stories and escapism from the real-world CULTural browbeating, instead we get these slacktivists using the medium as vehicle for the socio-politicall pretentious shit.
On the flip side, I prefer they are open and honest about their intentions, they claim to be proud but get pissed when their shit is highlighted by others.

So let us know upfront and let people decide, oh and no “make them gay” in the dlc like Sony does.

chilichote

The trailer feels like Indiana Jones. But why does it have to be in first person? I think I would like it more if it's in third person.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
The voice acting sounds like someone phoned it in on a Nokia 3310 with a hangover.

The animation is fucken dreadful.

But worse of all, the cutscene is cringe as fuck. All aboard the flop train. Choo choo.

Also probably will be woke.

Mozzarella

I'll pass, never liked Indiana Jones, even the supposed best movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark" i found to be shit.
It's just not for me, cant stand him, can't hear him talk.
But good for the fans, the trailer looks nice i guess, but i mean where is the gameplay ayo? if they love cutscenes so much, just make a movie, i guarantee it would sell well, put it on Netflix too.

On the flip side, I prefer they are open and honest about their intentions, they claim to be proud but get pissed when their shit is highlighted by others.

So let us know upfront and let people decide, oh and no “make them gay” in the dlc like Sony does.

they will try to hide their intentions and try to fool the fans as always, sure they want to be open about what they are doing but they don't want their own "furiosa"

Last edited:

ZehDon

Any interest I had for this was gone about half-way through that excruciating cutscene.

Also... do they just not have the licence to Ford's likeness or something? Troy Baker is phoning it in and the model has barely a passing resemblance.

Humdinger

Gold Member
I liked it. Some of the humor was strained, but I have an itch for this kind of game. With Uncharted done and TR doing whatever it's doing, I'm hoping that Indy scratches it. Machine Games has done well with their previous projects, so I have hope. It's good to see them investing in SP experiences like this.

Lunarorbit

Yikes on there being almost no gameplay for a trailer over 5 minutes. I got more nervous when they didn't show whip combat until the last minute for a blink and you miss it moment.

clarky

Gold Member
I love Uncharted and I’m glad this is getting made

Still in for it day 1. Just wish we had more gameplay
Agreed. This is one game i wish they had an extended uncut of gameplay. Instead they showed a cut scene?

I'm expecting this to be delayed into '25 and that's ok.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I think they need to polish some animations during gameplay and mocup in combination with character models is not perfect - I'm sorry, but after playing Hellblade II I can't help but to notice such things and mention them.

Also, they still don't can't announce solid released date? It really looks like the game might slip to next year if they're not sure.

Last edited:
I couldn’t believe there was no gameplay interspersed at all in that long ass scene. In Uncharted you would’ve been shooting and punching guys while the thing crumbled and fell around you. This looks boring and uninspired.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This is coming from a guy that actually liked all five movies, mind you, but I thought it looked and sounded pretty good.

I thought Troy Baker's Ford was a little shaky in the trailer from January, but the added dialogue here makes it seem very close to Ford.

SirTerry-T

Gold Member
The voice acting sounds like someone phoned it in on a Nokia 3310 with a hangover.

The animation is fucken dreadful.

But worse of all, the cutscene is cringe as fuck. All aboard the flop train. Choo choo.

Also probably will be woke.
Plus, I once saw Machine Games kick a puppy.

Top Bottom