• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones: The Great Circle New Trailer | Xbox Showcase 2024

Montauk

as
Written by:

kL5VLiW.jpeg

Oh, what, games should only be written by straight people?

Saber

Gold Member
It was fine, but certain parts...that part in the snow was cringe. Also wtf is wrong with gameplay videos presented as a movie?

Looked janky when they actually showed gameplay imo. Going with first person is a letdown too. I’ll try it out I guess.

I know they haven’t got a naughty dog type studio but still, given the IP I feel it’s a wasted opportunity from what I’ve seen.

Could be way off and it turns out great, time will tell

Last edited:
I have been completely uninterested until today.

First person had always seemed...wrong?

But, largely impressed by what they've done with it, looks like we might get a decent Indy adventure, after all.

Second favorite game of the show.

StereoVsn

Eh....there was no indication of that mess with Spider-man 2 either but it was there. Hope you are right, but these days......I wouldn't be a bit surprised.
Yeah, pre-ordering almost any game these days is a risky proposition. If its good , never too late to grab the game almost immediately post release.

Sacred

I enjoyed this trailer, put yourself the middle of an old school Indy movie. Also, anyone screaming DEI on this one? Where, I think some you guys have gone off the rails with your nit-picking and now can't find enjoyment in anything.

Sacred

The writing is so bad. Graphics looks completely off. Gameplay is meh. It's basically a nazis killing simulator. This is going to flop.
Yeah an Indiana Jones game by a company that excels in first person and immersive gameplay is going to flop 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Montauk

I enjoyed this trailer, put yourself the middle of an old school Indy movie. Also, anyone screaming DEI on this one? Where, I think some you guys have gone off the rails with your nit-picking and now can't find enjoyment in anything.

It’s just the same as it has been for years: they’re preemptively trying to find things to get upset about.

There’s nothing in the trailer for them to latch onto so they’re just forensically examining the devs to see if any of them aren’t straight white men.

Not nitpicking at all dude. Looks mediocre imo as does Avowed.

DeaDPo0L84

Good, then let's stop spamming it in every discussion about the game.
As someone about to turn 40 and gaming be a big hobby of mine since I was a kid, it is really bothersome to see a forced ideology infect it and drag it down as a whole. It has along with other things ruined the persistent release of great games cause developers who simply wanted to make a fun high quality game have been mostly replaced with a bunch of DEI hires whose main goal is to get a message across and the final product suffers cause of it. People need to keep bitching about it, those who choose to simply accept it and whistle past the graveyard are contributing to the current state of the gaming industry.

Montauk

Here is the kafka trap.

Called it.

You could just answer the question. You’ve rhetorically created your own imagined trap and then triumphantly declared that you’ve spotted a trap.

It’s a simple question. People get tired of this bullshit act. Is it ok to be gay (or whatever) and write a game, work on a game?

Do you want us all to just be invisible in public culture? Are we allowed to consume pop culture but just not make it?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You could just answer the question. You’ve rhetorically created your own imagined trap and then triumphantly declared that you’ve spotted a trap.

It’s a simple question. People get tired of this bullshit act. Is it ok to be gay (or whatever) and write a game, work on a game?

Do you want us all to just be invisible in public culture? Are we allowed to consume pop culture but just not make it?
It's a disingenuous question.

Let out your emotions, let it all out.

ReyBrujo

Not sure why I'd bet all the actions you had to do in the trailer were probably press 3 buttons at determined times.

Montauk

It's a disingenuous question.

Let out your emotions, let it all out.

How is this it disingenuous? It’s a honest question, I’m actually trying to get to the root of your position.

It’s funny for you to talk about being emotional when you’re here week in and week out publicly on the verge of tears or quivering with rage over stuff like this, again and again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How is this it disingenuous? It’s a honest question, I’m actually trying to get to the root of your position.

It’s funny for you to talk about being emotional when you’re here week in and week out publicly on the verge of tears or quivering with rage over stuff like this, again and again.
I have not been on here in over 3 months. But carry on.

So am I going to have to switch over and play as that woman every now and then? Or do I get to be Indy the entire time?

Montauk

I have not been on here in over 3 months. But carry on.

Oh I’m sorry, are you usually having melt downs about this on YouTube or something?

You’re just on here every time I pop back, publically pulling your hair and wailing because you spotted a woman in dev video or something.

It’s you and the same two dozen guys who seemingly post about nothing else.

It’s just the same as it has been for years: they’re preemptively trying to find things to get upset about.

There’s nothing in the trailer for them to latch onto so they’re just forensically examining the devs to see if any of them aren’t straight white men.
Same coin, different side.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh I’m sorry, are you usually having melt downs about this on YouTube or something?

You’re just on here every time I pop back, publically pulling your hair and wailing because you spotted a woman in dev video or something.

It’s you and the same two dozen guys who seemingly post about nothing else.
You're tying yourself into knots over here.
Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
As someone about to turn 40 and gaming be a big hobby of mine since I was a kid, it is really bothersome to see a forced ideology infect it and drag it down as a whole. It has along with other things ruined the persistent release of great games cause developers who simply wanted to make a fun high quality game have been mostly replaced with a bunch of DEI hires whose main goal is to get a message across and the final product suffers cause of it. People need to keep bitching about it, those who choose to simply accept it and whistle past the graveyard are contributing to the current state of the gaming industry.

I respect your view, but nothing in this trailer they showed today showed what you're saying.

YOU PC BRO?!

Gold Member

Well said! I‘m a similar age and completely agree. Somewhere along the line people have forgotten why these great franchises have stayed in the social consciousness for so long. It’s solely due to the fanbase. An Indie game should be tailored towards Indie fans, not the imaginary audience that the developers would like to have. It should be obvious that the more concessions made to appease the ‘modern audience’; the less likely we are in having an authentic Indie experience.

phant0m

I thought it looked good 🤷‍♂️

Looks good to me. Some of you are wound up too tight.

Same, very excited for this. Lack of gameplay is somewhat concerning but its machinegames, I have faith.

The writing is so bad. Graphics look completely off. Gameplay is meh. It's basically a nazis killing simulator. This is going to flop.

Wolfenstein is nazis killing sim and a fucking good one.

Machinegames 100% has a boner for killing nazis and I’m here for it just like the first 3 times.

Nydius

Gold Member
Yeah an Indiana Jones game by a company that excels in first person and immersive gameplay is going to flop 🤣🤣

Awful lot of assumptions there.

Indiana Jones isn’t the powerhouse IP it was from 1980 to 1990. The last two movies were mega flops. The primary demographic of Indiana Jones fans are people fifty-plus, not exactly your core gamer demographic. And that’s without addressing the elephant in the room: Namely the Indiana Jones “clones” the gaming industry spawned for the last decade, all of whom have refined the entire Indiana Jones style of game (Tomb Raider, Uncharted, etc).

Thinking this is going to be a hit just because it’s called Indiana Jones - or just because MachineGames did Wolfenstein (a fundamentally different type of game) - is putting the cart before the horse.

phant0m

It isn’t (as you know). It’s projection, they know they don’t want to have a legitimate discussion because their real position isn’t defensible.

So, they refuse to answer the question and claim you don’t want to have a genuine discussion even though they’re the ones refusing to make any point.

No politics from me, I just don't like switching characters when I play games.

Fair. No evidence so far though that you’d switch. Seems like a sidekick a la Uncharted (I’m guessing a lot of the game will be heavily influenced by UC anyway)

Last edited:

phant0m

What forced ideology was in the trailer? Indy’s on an adventure and gonna be killing some Nazis. Which has kinda been his thing since the first movie.

Is it just because his sidekick is a woman? Or are you just looking for things to be upset about?

I didn’t see anything here that was out of character for the Indy we’ve known for 40 years (except Baker’s voice)

Top Bottom