• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feathered dinosaur tail found trapped in amber

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who whine about feathered dinosaurs remind me of people who won't let go of Dr. Eggman not being called Robotnik anymore.

653uTTl.jpg

Fuck this asshole and fuck dinosaurs with feathers

Faddy

Banned
Is there any evidence quadrupedal dinosaurs have feathers?

There are almost complete stegosaurus and triceratops skeletons with no indication they were feathered. Have there been any feathered specimens found in the Americas at all. It could be that feathers are a trait of Asian dinosaurs.

What's the background scene from?

The walk reminds me of that one guy from Dexter who hated Dexter but I have nothing to go on.

I cannot stop watching this. Its mesmerizing.

The way the neck just slightly disappears at the end. Perfect.

The people who whine about feathered dinosaurs remind me of people who won't let go of Dr. Eggman not being called Robotnik anymore.

It took me ages to even be okay with Princess "Peach" or "Bowser" because they were obviously Princess Toadstool and King Koopa.

Amalthea

Banned
Tell me who's more badass? A dude that survives and thrives naked in a snowstorm? Or a dude fully covered in a warm coat in the same conditions?

Touché.
The naked guy in the snowstorm seeks protection under two trees. The last thing he did was wondering why the trees still had "foliage" im winter and why they were so warm.

zelas

"Previous finds in amber have included isolated feathers that may have belonged to dinosaurs, but without an identifiable part of the body included, their source has remained open to debate.

So what dinosaur was it attached to?

LeleSocho

Banned
I never was big on dinosaurs but since the first news about the feathers appeared it suddenly made them look interesting and cool.

gogo feathers

entremet

For a place with many posters that espouse empiricism, you guys sure go nuts about revising dinosaur renditions with scientifically verified findings lol.

It's hilarious.

Is this just a big joke that people don't want dinosaurs to have feathers? Or are you guys actually dismissing science because you don't want it to be true? This reads like a troll thread.

It's amazing how supposedly smart people (e.g. atheists, scientists) believe anything they see with their eyes. The devil's greatest talent is his ability to deceive. Funny how blind they are to the glory of God but how easily they're led astray by one of Lucifer's obvious tricks.

I will pray for you all.

Toa TAK

Banned
WorldStar are you for real

I admit, your posts may be going over my head. Maybe I just don't get the joke.

EDIT: WHAT IS GOING ON? ^

It's amazing how supposedly smart people (e.g. atheists, scientists) believe anything they see with their eyes. The devil's greatest talent is his ability to deceive. Funny how blind they are to the glory of God but how easily they're led astray by one of Lucifer's obvious tricks.

I will pray for you all.
What the fuck

a916

How does this look worse than 1993?

I don't think you remember that movie as well as you do... watch the part where they see the dinosaurs for the first time, it looks like a Resident Evil 1 PSX cutscene...

Only the animatronic versions stand up.

I honestly liked the explanation the movie gave as to why their dinosaurs didn't have feathers. Being that they were creating what people wanted to see not so much the reality of things.

They went with an inaccurate look, they look dope. They are cloning dinosaurs here, if they want to handwaive the feathers thing that's totally believable in that world.

Lum1n3s

Feathers? On a dinosaur? I'm sorry but you must be out of your damn mind if you think that's true. If this were true then come how come crocodiles don't have feathers or sharks.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to

Not sure who Dr Eggman is, but Robotnik will kick all y'all's feather-lovin asses

Eusis

Uh they've thought dinosaurs had feathers for a while now...like at least a decade.
Two, probably longer. I remember reading about that in the 90s. We had just been waiting all this time to find a smoking gun.
Feathers? On a dinosaur? I'm sorry but you must be out of your damn mind if you think that's true. If this were true then come how come crocodiles don't have feathers or sharks.
Where do you think birds came from?

Remember this as a chicken grabs you from an outhouse.

awesome!

I don't care if they have feathers or not, I prefer knowing the truth instead of clinging to imagined images of what we thought hey looked like

so, if the truth is that some species were feathered, then I prefer knowing the factual scientific truth

I dont mind the feathers. Im just not a fan of the piddly looking bird faces on some of those depictions. The reptile look with feathers is pretty badass but the giant bird look is not.

This is why so many people are pushing the false narrative

Just because you believe dinosaurs look better with feathers doesn't mean they actually had feathers

Some of the posts in this thread are fucking amazing.

You'd think dinosaur feathers was the heated debate of our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom