• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Near-perfect dinosaur feathers found preserved in amber with fossil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morts

As long as my media keeps in line with the big scaly monsters we all know and love Science can find and mull over whatever it wants.

I will not have Dinosaurs turned into giant turkeys.

It sucks that a childhood love of dinosaurs turns into a love of science for some yet close-mindedness for others.

ReaperXL7

It sucks that a childhood love of dinosaurs turns into a love of science for some yet close-mindedness for others.

I'm not closed minded, I'm not saying feathered Dinosaurs were not a thing. I'm just saying lizard Dino's>Turkey Dino's.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
People who think birds are less scary than lizards have never been killed by an owl and fed to it's young.

Kickz

Amber is so awesome, shit is like time traveling to the past.

amazing

ostrich-feet.jpg

edit:

I mean look at these feet.

Ostrich

Yea that's definitely a dinosaur...

Volimar

Imagine the reaction if we had managed to clone a dinosaur back before the feather consensus.

I wonder what evolutionary advantage feather scales provided.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Why have we not cloned it yet?
Science is a failure

Because dinosaur fossils don't contain DNA, the half life of DNA is something around the realm of 500 years, dinosaur fossils are tens of millions of years old if not hundreds of millions.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Why have we not cloned it yet?
Science is a failure

Because dinosaur fossils don't contain DNA, the half life of DNA is something around the realm of 500 years, dinosaur fossils are tens of millions of years old if not hundreds of millions.

Yep. We've barely got the tech and samples to start cloning stuff like mammoths (people are working on it), let alone dinosaurs.

brian577

Banned
"What John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less." Alan Grant

fritolay

Did dinosaurs grow feathers and evolve, or did some lose them and evolve.

Did the human species have feathers, or should we all be jealous that our ancestors will in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom