• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 Remake Removed From PS Store "Console Exclusives" Section.

Cheeky.:messenger_winking:

Complementing MS for Starfield = no bueno
Blaming Phil for single handedly delaying Starfield from 11/22 = bueno

I see how it is. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Not really. They didn’t release a statement to calm down fanboys when they bought Bethesda and the same happened with Activision. Their main concern was that the purchase would go smoothly which is why they focused those statements on investors and the FTD. Heck I’m sure they even had a talk with their competitors about it. Nothing to do with whiny internet fanboys. I think you underestimate the seriousness of such a large acquisition.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not really. They didn’t release a statement to calm down fanboys when they bought Bethesda and the same happened with Activision. Their main concern was that the purchase would go smoothly which is why they focused those statements on investors and the FTD. Heck I’m sure they even had a talk with their competitors about it. Nothing to do with whiny internet fanboys. I think you underestimate the seriousness of such a large acquisition.

Yep, that much was covered in the news

“Had good calls this week with leaders at Sony. I confirmed our intent to honor all existing agreements upon acquisition of Activision Blizzard and our desire to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation. Sony is an important part of our industry, and we value our relationship.”

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
giphy.gif

Lognor

Banned
Well your right about his FF7 meltdown. Oh boy that was a doozy. But to be fair it really isn’t that serious since those games will be available on PC at some point.
See? You're calling that a meltdown. You clearly have not doesn't time in twitter. The shit on there is 1000x worse. Go explore because you're very ignorant on this

Chukhopops

TES6 was announced to be in development back in 2018, and Starfield development has started even before that. And almost half sales of TES5 are on PS. Now it's up to you if you want to use your brain or stay in your fanboys denial.
Yeah no, quote from E3 2021 Todd saying it’s still in design phase:

I’ll leave you to your own fanboy denial unless you can back up your claims.

SSfox

So, no source for either claim then ?

Gotcha.

Carry on my wayward son.
Yes, Bethesda just decided to not make their next game where they sold half of sales... if that make you feel good Mister genius.

FF7 remake not going to gamepass like all of you were betting really hurt bad your logic it seems.

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
Ever since the FF7 demo on the PS3 people have been asking for it. I remember there was a time where Sony had this list and they were using it for marketing purposes. Maybe this is one of those things.

Same thing with Crash Badacoot 4. The game would not exist without Sony wanting it to bring it back. Now console warriors are using that game because possibly will be exclusive to Xbox now.

Bragging about a Sony made game at that. Not a good look as they think it is.

And Activision Blizzard was definitely on the stock market.

Activision Blizzard, Inc. is an American video game holding company based in Santa Monica, California. It was founded in July 2008 through the merger of Activision, Inc. and Vivendi Games. It is traded on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the ticker symbol ATVI, and since 2015 has been a member of the S&P 500 Index.

That’s also been confirmed.

Lognor

Banned
King is extremely profitable and might get more so in the short term.

Now onto something else and for the whole community, if two years ago, some one asked you what would come to xbox first, ff7r or p5r, what would you have said?
Ff7r of course. NO ONE expected persona on Xbox. No one. Persona was a ps game. Ff had a history of releasing on Xbox. We were all thinking ff7r would be on Xbox... at some point. No one thought persona would. Crazy how persona is releasing on Xbox soon

adamsapple

Why would Jim Ryan and Bethesda be in negotiations for timed console exclusivity of Starfield if there wasn't a PS version on the table?

You tell me, I'm not the one claiming that MS outright canceled in development builds for Starfield, TES VI and tried to do the same for Activision games.

Yes, I know how that all sounds ridiculous on paper as well.

Wasn’t the word that came out after the buyout that don’t where in the process of some sort of deal on starfield?

Industry guy Imran Khan claimed that Sony were trying to buy timed exclusivity on Starfield before the acquisition happened, but many people on this forum don't like to believe that news.

King is extremely profitable and might get more so in the short term.

Now onto something else and for the whole community, if two years ago, some one asked you what would come to xbox first, ff7r or p5r, what would you have said?

Yeah, King alone makes billion(s) of revenue annually.

And to your second, definitely not P5R lol.

Last edited:
See? You're calling that a meltdown. You clearly have not doesn't time in twitter. The shit on there is 1000x worse. Go explore because you're very ignorant on this

Twitter has meltdowns for everything. I’m guessing your ignorant on how bad Twitter actually. It’s why it’s a joke here when people get told to go to Twitter after getting a perm.

Take your console warring to Twitter or Reddit. We have no interest in your childish act here.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Twitter has meltdowns for everything. I’m guessing your ignorant on how bad Twitter actually. It’s why it’s a joke here when people get told to go to Twitter after getting a perm.
Okay so you do understand. And yet you're thinking we're going to see that behavior over an announced game either releasing in 2022 or six months later? That's laughable. It won't happen.

Okay so you do understand. And yet you're thinking we're going to see that behavior over an announced game either releasing in 2022 or six months later? That's laughable. It won't happen.

Why yes it’s definitely going to happen. I mean at least gaf won’t allow any Death Threats to be made over this. I’ve seen people say some really crazy things on Twitter which is why I don’t use it. TimDog tried to pull that crap here and he got permed.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
You tell me, I'm not the one claiming that MS outright canceled in development builds for Starfield, TES VI and tried to do the same for Activision games.

Yes, I know how that all sounds ridiculous on paper as well.

Industry guy Imran Khan claimed that Sony were trying to buy timed exclusivity on Starfield before the acquisition happened, but many people on this forum don't like to believe that news.

"Sorry, all I can really say is, 'I apologize,' because I'm certain that's frustrating to folks, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it"

Why is there not a whole lot Bethesda could do to make it multiplatform? 🤔

adamsapple

"Sorry, all I can really say is, 'I apologize,' because I'm certain that's frustrating to folks, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it"

Why is there not a whole lot Bethesda could do to make it multiplatform? 🤔

He's not apologizing for exclusivity, just sympathizing with PS5 fans who won't be able to play Starfield now. 🤷‍♀️

I'm not apologizing for exclusivity. I don't "have" to do anything. Some of our fans are upset/angry, and I'm sorry they are. That isn't wrong, or weird. It's acknowledging how they feel. That's it. That's my whole point.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Did Sony pay square to make ff7r a first party game? Nope. Does Sony own the ip? Nope.
So? Starfield was still taken away from PlayStation…
but you are always entering threads, trolling, derailing them and having meltdowns over Sony…
You were having meltdowns earlier while claiming that xenoblade was bigger than final fantasy lol

Chukhopops

Wasn’t the word that came out after the buyout that don’t where in the process of some sort of deal on starfield?
Starfield yes, Sony wanted to make it exclusive before the buyout. Not TES which wasn’t in development at the time of buyout.

Sony trying to secure Starfield exclusivity may actually have been a factor in the buyout decision (hard to say for sure obviously).

Lognor

Banned
Why yes it’s definitely going to happen. I mean at least gaf won’t allow any Death Threats to be made over this. I’ve seen people say some really crazy things on Twitter which is why I don’t use it. TimDog tried to pull that crap here and he got permed.
Death threats over over a GAME WE ALL KNOW EXISTS and whether it gets delayed a few months??? Lol you can't make this up. No, it ain't happening. Not sure why you want it to happen? Flaming the fires of the console war maybe? It's bizarre. I'm telling you it won't happen for obvious reasons and you keep going back to "there will definitely be death threats from xbox fans if gow2 releases this year" like wtf are you on? Lol

Dick Jones

Gold Member
He's not apologizing for exclusivity, just sympathizing with PS5 fans who won't be able to play Starfield now. 🤷‍♀️
So why would Bethesda agree to make Starfield only on PC and Xbox without the Bethesda purchase or a timed exclusive agreement.

Are we also saying that this was agreed before MS bought them out? Then the question is why would Microsoft buy them if Bethesda is planning on making their next major releases Xbox console exclusive?

Death threats over over a GAME WE ALL KNOW EXISTS and whether it gets delayed a few months??? Lol you can't make this up. No, it ain't happening. Not sure why you want it to happen? Flaming the fires of the console war maybe? It's bizarre. I'm telling you it won't happen for obvious reasons and you keep going back to "there will definitely be death threats from xbox fans if gow2 releases this year" like wtf are you on? Lol

Your talking about Twitter everything gets said here. That kind of stuff won’t fly here.

Anyways you shouldn’t be using the inmates of an insane asylum to determine how the real world works.

Lognor

Banned
Your talking about Twitter everything gets said here. That kind of stuff won’t fly here.

Anyways you shouldn’t be using the inmates of an insane asylum to determine how the real world works.
If you can show me one death threat anywhere once gow2 gets a release date I'll admit defeat. It won't happen. It seems you care enough that maybe you would send a death threat if gow2 is delayed... maybe I need to be careful. Are you okay?

If you can show me one death threat anywhere once gow2 gets a release date I'll admit defeat. It won't happen. It seems you care enough that maybe you would send a death threat if gow2 is delayed... maybe I need to be careful. Are you okay?

Don’t joke about sending Death Threats or accuse others of sending them. People do send Death Threats over the dumbest things on Twitter. John received some and even had stuff sent to his house because of the first set of PS5 and Series comparisons.

I post here because mods are quick to deal with those type of things.

Last edited:

SSfox

and Square wanted the money/partnership for an exclusivity deal, go on.

There are a lot of advantages with partnering with Sony.
Another thing to consider also is FF sales are mostly on PS in the cases when it's available simultaneously everywhere like FF15. So those kind of deals make more sens and are easier to be set by Sony and SE.

Three

Hypocritical POS. Buys publishers but hates muh exclusives.
With FF7 he hates exclusives but the guy had a hard on when he thought Activision titles were becoming exclusive. Kept saying it would be like Bethesda. Didn't complain one bit about anything.

Then when the FTC investigation was happening he was quick to portray MS as angels who will maintain multiplatform releases.

adamsapple

So why would Bethesda agree to make Starfield only on PC and Xbox without the Bethesda purchase or a timed exclusive agreement.

Are we also saying that this was agreed before MS bought them out? Then the question is why would Microsoft buy them if Bethesda is planning on making their next major releases Xbox console exclusive?

You will probably have better luck asking Pete Hines these questions over twitter.

He can also probably tell us if there was indeed an in-development builds of Starfield and TES VI canceled by MS like the original user claimed to have known.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
You will probably have better luck asking Pete Hines these questions over twitter.

He can also probably tell us if there was indeed an in-development builds of Starfield and TES VI canceled by MS like the original user claimed to have known.
Doesn’t matter. You know these games would be multiplat if MS haven’t bought Bethesda.
And just like Bethesda accepted being bought, SE accepted money to fund FF7R and its sequels.
So I really don’t care about this, at all.
Sony should keep moneyhatting as much as they can.
At this point, everything is fair game.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

So Phil wasted money on publishers that were independently making Xbox and PC only games right after making 2 timed console exclusives on PS. That makes more sense than Bethesda being directed by MS to drop a PS5 build of Starfield after being purchased. 🤷‍♂️

I will agree with you on TES:6 as they haven't even started development so how can you have a build when you only have the pre production work.

Mephisto40

Source for both these claims ?
It's been quoted numerous times that Sony had a deal with Bethesda to make Starfield a timed exclusive on Playstation, that went out the window when Microsoft bought them, so it's pretty clear a playstation version was in development, that has since been completely dropped, unless it is still eventually going to be released on Playstation somewhere down the line

adamsapple

Doesn’t matter. You know these games would be multiplat if MS haven’t bought Bethesda.
And just like Bethesda accepted being bought, SE accepted money to fund FF7R and its sequels.
So I really don’t care about this, at all.
Sony should keep moneyhatting as much as they can.
At this point, everything is fair game.

Bookmarking this post for any time money hat and/or acquisition related concerns are brought up :D

graywolf323

Why are certain xbox fans so mad about this? The final fantasy fans are on PS. The ip has been associated with them pretty much since the ps1 days when the original ff7 went exclusive to sony. It's a no brainer to make this deal and benefits both sony and square enix. With how little it sells on xbox, it's an easy deal to make for sony to strengthen their own brand. Its just business. Who or what's stopping you from buying a ps5 to play it if you love the ip so much?
both sides fanboys are massive hypocrites but it’s interesting how Xbox fanboys usually say “MS isn’t as bad as Sony because they also release their games on PC!” yet when something like this happens where FFVIIR Part 1 is on PC & now available on Steam, they still are very upset

to be fair that’s probably because they’re more Game Pass fanboys at this point than specifically caring about Xbox though I wonder if it came to PC Game Pass but still not Xbox what the reaction would be

Lognor

Banned
Don’t joke about sending Death Threats or accuse others of sending them. People do send Death Threats over the dumbest things on Twitter. John received some and even had stuff sent to his house because of the first set of PS5 and Series comparisons.

I post here because mods are quick to deal with those type of things.
Sure. Just don't think whether gow2 (a game everyone knows is coming, just not when) will cause death threats. I'm not surprised that idiots send death threats when someone like John says one console is more powerful than another. That's absolutely stupid, but I get that. A game being delayed? Nah, ain't happening. Maybe directed at the dev (hopefully not), but an Xbox fan sending a death threat because GOW2 releases this year? Nah.

Sure. Just don't think whether gow2 (a game everyone knows is coming, just not when) will cause death threats. I'm not surprised that idiots send death threats when someone like John says one console is more powerful than another. That's absolutely stupid, but I get that. A game being delayed? Nah, ain't happening. Maybe directed at the dev (hopefully not), but an Xbox fan sending a death threat because GOW2 releases this year? Nah.

Actually it wasn’t due to one console being more powerful than the other. It was because the comparisons weren’t favorable to the XSX at the time. He stated as much.

But yes Twitter contains crazy people and they will explode if the game gets delayed or releases on time. I’ve seen people send death threats for less.

Lognor

Banned
Actually it wasn’t due to one console being more powerful than the other. It was because the comparisons weren’t favorable to the XSX at the time. He stated as much.

But yes Twitter contains crazy people and they will explode if the game gets delayed or releases on time. I’ve seen people send death threats for less.
I don't see it, but this discussion has run its course. We will regroup when the game releases. (meltdowns ain't happening though)...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's been quoted numerous times that Sony had a deal with Bethesda to make Starfield a timed exclusive on Playstation, that went out the window when Microsoft bought them, so it's pretty clear a playstation version was in development, that has since been completely dropped, unless it is still eventually going to be released on Playstation somewhere down the line

You know how I don't buy this report? They would have to honor the contract, like they did with Deathloop and the like.

This was all BS, but for those knuckleheads to act like Skyrim on every device known to man for 3 gens now, would not have Starfield multi-plat... are being disingenuous clowns.

Chukhopops

both sides fanboys are massive hypocrites but it’s interesting how Xbox fanboys usually say “MS isn’t as bad as Sony because they also release their games on PC!” yet when something like this happens where FFVIIR Part 1 is on PC & now available on Steam, they still are very upset

to be fair that’s probably because they’re more Game Pass fanboys at this point than specifically caring about Xbox though I wonder if it came to PC Game Pass but still not Xbox what the reaction would be
There’s a big difference between « PC day 1 on all games » and « some PC ports between a year and three later, sometimes as EGS exclusives ».

Let’s not pretend the two are remotely similar.

You know how I don't buy this report? They would have to honor the contract, like they did with Deathloop and the like.

This was all BS, but for those knuckleheads to act like Skyrim on every device known to man for 3 gens now, would not have Starfield multi-plat... are being disingenuous clowns.

Yep that’s exactly why Starfield isn’t coming to PlayStation. There was simply no contract forcing Bethesda to release the game on that platform. And in that sense Microsoft can pick and choose where they want to release the games. It’s really not anymore complicated than that.

Top Bottom