• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 Canada |OT| Blatter's Last Voyage

Status
Not open for further replies.
CG19C9WUIAAYMll.jpg

Thats some goddamn happiness

Oh wow, for a second there I thought that was the final score. I was like "Wait, is Canada really that bad now?"

Oersted

Lineups:

Canada:

McLeod, Buchanan, Belanger, Sesselmann, Scott, Sinclair (C), Schmidt, Tancredi, Chapman, Filigno, Lawrence

China:

W. Fei, L. Shanshan, W. Haiyan (C), L. Dongna, W. Shanshan, L. Ying, Z. Rong, G. Yasha, T. Ruyin, W. Lisi, R. Guixin

zroid

Banned
Is there an opening ceremony and will it rival the Brazil one in awfulness?=

well... you can be the judge

The Opening Ceremony is set to begin immediately after Canada and China PR complete their pre-match warm-ups and will be approximately ten minutes long.

The Women’s World Cup Opening Ceremony was created by the National Organising Committee to celebrate key values of the competition: the empowerment and unification of women, a celebration of the game and the concept of striving To A Greater Goal™ - a greater goal for sport and for humanity, beginning with girls and women.

Told through the eyes of a little girl, a soccer player, the story will centre on the finest attributes of the game and highlight the lasting legacy and global impact of a tournament featuring successful and empowering women from around the world. Inspired by key messaging portrayed in the colourful, multifaceted official look of the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015™, the show will be divided into various scenes important to the story of the central character, a young female soccer player.

Grammy-award winning international recording artist Sarah McLachlan headlines the star-studded cast performing during the Opening Ceremony. The Nova Scotia native will be performing her hit song, “In Your Shoes”.

Women’s World Cup Event Ambassador Kara Lang, who was the youngest woman to be named to Canada’s Women’s National Team at the age of 15, will be joined alongside Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games medalist Chantal Petitclerc and five-time Olympic medalist Hayley Wickenheiser during the ceremony.

If that was not enough, Grammy-nominated rock/indie pop duo originally from Alberta, Canada Tegan and Sara are also scheduled to perform during the show. The duo – identical twins, will play their single “I’m Not Your Hero”.

10 minutes doesn't seem too bad though

Peru

Sarah McLachlan and Tegan and Sara all lipsyncing breaks my heart.

Never heard worse sound mixing than Brazil opening ceremony with the live acts.. probably decided fuck it, let's not even try this time.

edit: oh lord

Peru

TOGETHER .. IN PEACE... WE CAN DO IT.. THE JOURNEY HAS BEGUN... WE ARE STRONG..

or something. I made those lines up but they're basically the same as this song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom