• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 Canada |OT| Blatter's Last Voyage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mory Dunz

Does Canada not have any speedy players? To run at players with pace? They seem kinda slow.

I mean, China doesn't really either but I'm holding Canada to a slightly higher standard.

China has been ....

H7s2Y8e.jpg

Definitely a surprising match so far. Not only has China stayed in the match, I would say they've been the better side over the first 45.

You can take that as disconcerting or comforting if you're the Canadians. You've played pretty poor yet haven't conceded. Still level in a match that's fully there for the taking.

Fake Edit: The pitch takes its first victim :(

Bloody hell, the artificial turf is grating to the eyes, i cant imagine what the people playing in it feel. What exactly was the reason behind the decision for an all turf tournament, does anyone know?

Mory Dunz

Belanger looks fast

Oh yeah, she had that darting run into the box earlier.

I guess I mean that All-World speed though. It seems like every other contender has a few players that can start 3 steps back and reach the ball...except Japan. And Canada is a soccer power so I was wondering. Like a Morgan, Marta, Thomis, Leroux, Thiney, etc

zedge

Bloody hell, the artificial turf is grating to the eyes, i cant imagine what the people playing in it feel. What exactly was the reason behind the decision for an all Artificial turf tournament, does anyone know?
None of the big stadiums here have real grass. They are all football stadiums. (Canadian football).

Even the MLS specific ones are turf.

Humidex

Bloody hell, the artificial turf is grating to the eyes, i cant imagine what the people playing in it feel. What exactly was the reason behind the decision for an all Artificial turf tournament, does anyone know?

The only reason I can fathom for the 4G pitches is their resistance to frost damage in Canada.

The only consolation from this is 2019 in France won't have artificial turf.

Fun fact; only two countries put a bid up to host this year's WC. The other country bidding was Zimbabwe.

Oersted

FIFA earns money with it. Therefore, Blatter pushes it.

I remember pretty well that in 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Canada the turf was also artificial and the men were playing. I guess it's a local difficulty.

Pacbois

The only reason I can fathom for the 4G pitches is their resistance to frost damage in Canada.

The only consolation from this is 2019 in France won't have artificial turf.

Fun fact; only two countries put a bid up to host this year's WC. The other country bidding was Zimbabwe.

French bid looks really solid, they had a good idea by playing the first game and final in Lyon. Just sad they chose to use a small rugby stadium in Paris and not the Parc des Princes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
None of the big stadiums here have real grass. They are all football stadiums. (Canadian football).

Even the MLS specific ones are turf.
BMO in Toronto is grass. Sadly there won't be any games here.

Humidex

French bid looks really solid, they had a good idea by playing the first game and final in Lyon. Just sad they chose to use a small rugby stadium in Paris and not the Parc des Princes.

Unfortunately, save for Lyon, the locations chosen for 2019 seem to fit in with the expected average attendance for the tournament.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh didn't know that. It's still undergoing renos though so probably wouldn't have been ready.
Renos ended before TFC's first home game. Toronto never wanted WWC games because they thought it would take attention away from the Pan-Am Games that start a month later. It's dumb because it would have actually shone a bigger spotlight on the games and the city.

Pacbois

Unfortunately, save for Lyon, the locations chosen for 2019 seem to fit in with the expected average attendance for the tournament.

Actually I think it's a good idea to use smaller proper (except for the Paris one) football stadiums. They'll probably be quite filled and have a good atmosphere, probably way better that what we're seeing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom