• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

Duxxy3

A_Rival (The dude who made the zoop zoop song) just posted his new game (HTML5) STICK CHUCKER
(Click on the image to play)
You guys are gonna love it! My best score is 99

Street fighter, marvel and and infamous are cancelled at next level for the week - only stick chucker will be played on stream.

8PMq3wn.jpg

My best so far.

Zissou

What animated GIF best exemplifies your favorite fighting game (or any random fighting game, I don't care)?

What animated GIF best exemplifies your favorite fighting game (or any random fighting game, I don't care)?

d6ddad024e450ce90639b0820f2d13bc.gif

i sorta did the same thing to someone online once.

I was playing Oro and he was playing Ryu. both low on health. Ryu sweeps me and im down to sliver of health, well within chip damage kill. So he starts his Denji Hadouken (the one that cant be blocked and stuns) like every online Ryu. so i get up and parry the first 2 hits and somehow GRAB him in between animations and kill him. RANK UP BITCHES!

EDIT:

how do i make 3rd strike webMs? ART FT5 me son! PC or ps 3

Enordash

Thanks for the answers everyone. I'll definitely send out some messages. Hopefully I can claw my way out of scrub status eventually.

Kimosabae

Banned
Is the Direct supposed to be of typical length? Around 30 minutes of just Smash discussion? Not just announcing modes and characters with trailers, right?

I just want to see how the damn game plays. Don't even care about what characters and bells/whistles are in it.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I would have thought your favorite was:

iXY3pMxGwSIyg.gif

=)
yikes do I get that much flack for posting it twice

edit okay four times lol. still even if it felt amazing no, it's not my fav VF gif and it doesn't imo exemplify what is great about the series.

Horseress

May 3rd - 4th with some stuff happening on May 2nd.

There's another guest I'm waiting for confirmation on too. Should be an awesome person. Currently looking into accommodations for a few other folks too like NuckleDu though it's not a guarantee for him.

Have you guys got in contact with Capcom to put NWM as a Capcom Pro Tour official event?

Silky

Banned
Here's an interview regarding The Chainsaw Incident. http://gamingbolt.com/the-chainsaw-...rifying-and-emboldening-the-2d-fighting-genre

Ravi Sinha: The Chainsaw Incident gives off a major Guilty Gear vibe, especially with its mix of anime-like irreverence and rock’n'roll mayhem. What are the various properties that helped inspire the game and its characters?

Kokh: I have always been a fan of old school fighting games and I still believe that 2D fighting games look and feel somehow slightly better than 3d “in my opinion”. such games have a big fan base but mostly focus more on martial arts, and since I’m a Fan of the Horror Genre I have created this Idea based on my love for Cartoons(I started an animation studio in 2005) along with Horror, to create a twisted blend of Cartoon horror Game.

McClard: I was a common player in the Japan arcade scene over the past 17 years, my big favorites being Street Fighter II Turbo edition, Marvel Superheroes, the VS series, SNK’s Fatal Fury, Samurai Spirits, and King of Fighters series. Over the past years in gaming I always wanted to do a new fighter, and being close to the fighting game companies in Japan, Amer and I decided we wanted to do something that stood out.

Amer’s Crazy Piranha studio has always shown me some of the most amazing designs I had seen. He showed me the concept for Chainsaw and it struck a chord, I wasn’t sure how it would be received. I know how hardcore fighting game fans are, and how adverse to change they are. I took some of the designs around Tokyo Gameshow and the response from both Western and Japanese viewers was immense.

Something on Crazy Pirahna's animation process and how will it effect future builds.

Ravi Sinha: The Chainsaw Incident’s animation, above all else, has caught our attention. How did you go about animating the fighters and effects?

Kokh: The animation originally started as a cutout animation style, which you saw in our early build trailer. However we decided that in order to deliver the best experience we will use full frame traditional animation which you will see in future trailers. We also changed engines since the first prototype in order to bring it to more platforms, we can do a lot more with current systems that has yet to be tried in terms of animation and the use of filters for animated film, which we are converting over to use in our product.

Goes into more detail about how they want the game to be their own, original product instead of taking inspiration from previous fighters. Though the team has a love for old school Capcom/SNK titles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

smurfx

get some go again

There's another guest I'm waiting for confirmation on too. Should be an awesome person. Currently looking into accommodations for a few other folks too like NuckleDu though it's not a guarantee for him.
is it going to be haitani? please let it be haitani.

Silky

Banned
Oh here's some stuff from that interview on Gameplay.

Ravi Sinha: What can you tell us about the fighting system in the game aside from the combos and Super Attacks? Will it aim to be old-school or will we see a few new systems?

McClard: Currently we are aiming for a 5 button layout consisting of Light, Medium, and Heavy attacks (both high and low) there will also be auto hits and variants. We introduce 2 buttons which represent the chainsaw itself, “Gas and Clutch”. Gas button helps with CHAIN combos “:p” but overuse causes it to stall out. Clutch is used to help connect attacks and uses as an interrupt or cancel. We also can use a combination of buttons to throw, slam, or juggle.
Our plans for the special moves is quite unique and we will be offering a refreshing take on this, we are keeping our lips tight on that until Kickstarter. There will be 2-3 super attacks for each character. Using the super in a chain for a final hit will trigger a special treat.

Ravi Sinha: Will there be a tag-team mechanic in The Chainsaw Incident? What other game modes can we expect that go beyond the typical Versus, Time Attack and Story Modes?

McClard: This is been something we talked about from the beginning, and ultimately are going to turn to the fans to vote on whether they want this as a one on one experience, turn based tag, or tag experience. Currently we have designed the system to be flexible, but we want to make sure the games core function and gameplay experience is rewarding as is.

They've also confirmed a PC release.

Long weekend shift that weekend, reschedule pls

LegatoB

Does anyone have a link on GGXrd's resolution?
Pretty sure it's 720p, or possibly 1280x768 if RingEdge 2 uses 16:10 monitors like Nesica does. (Blazblue and P4U actually have slight amounts at the top and bottom of the screen cut off on consoles.) Don't know if there's much available for clean direct-feed screenshots.

Top Bottom