• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Heya Karst I'm actually doing that summary thing. I'm gonna have to cut it into 3 parts.
Main Terms and Definitions of things in the universe - This is pretty much required specially diving in at this point in the story
Characters
Then Story Events from the Novels and 3 Games :p

I'll do one a day :p

As my brother said watching me play some of CP's story mode. "Wtf is going on it feels like I'm watching the 3rd movie into the story" cause well he was :lol

vulva

Not because of Cammy reasons explicitly, but I feel like Xiao Hai is going to shine. Lets not forget he got top 32 in 2013 at EVO and 4th at EVO 2012. He's extremely capable, so I'm feeling some confidence that he might really pull it off this time.

Xevren

Hell yeah at the 1st one, meh at the 2nd.

How easy is Grundy to learn? I'm contemplating picking up Injustice so I don't look like a chump against my coworkers, but I can only do so much with Deathstroke.

Grundy isn't that hard to learn at all. Hardest thing is maybe walking corpse cancels, which really aren't all that difficult.

So hyped for Injustice at MLG!

nice, now you guys also get to have MLG/CEO/Evo in a 3 week span :p

speaking of CEO, since I stumbled on 2013 entrant totals:
AE-280
Marvel-275
Injustice-200 (I see you, trying to inflate those numbers)
Divekick-120
SFxT-80
TTT2-64
P4A-54
KoF-44
MK9-31
SCV-31
Skullgirls-30

Total: 1209 (assuming nobody entered more than one game, obviously the real number is lower)

Skullgirls would be last yet again :lol

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
76705QO.jpg

OceanBlue

Not because of Cammy reasons explicitly, but I feel like Xiao Hai is going to shine. Lets not forget he got top 32 in 2013 at EVO and 4th at EVO 2012. He's extremely capable, so I'm feeling some confidence that he might really pull it off this time.

He did poorly in the Topanga Asia League though, so I wouldn't be surprised if people doubted him.

I really couldn't say who will do well. I don't have the skill and these matchups always surprise me. I thought Xiaohai and Poongko would do really well in Topanga Asia League and I was wrong. :<

pixelish

He did poorly in the Topanga Asia League though, so I wouldn't be surprised if people doubted him.

I really couldn't say who will do well. I don't have the skill and these matchups always surprise me. I thought Xiaohai and Poongko would do really well in Topanga Asia League and I was wrong. :<
Didn't Xiaohai get 4th in Topanga Asia League? I remembered watching a few of his matches and he held his ground quite well against the Japanese players.

OceanBlue

Didn't Xiaohai get 4th in Topanga Asia League? I remembered watching a few of his matches and he held his ground quite well against the Japanese players.

Oh he did! I kinda just paired him up with everyone else from outside of Japan since pretty much everyone from Japan did better than everyone outside of Japan. My bad. And Sako isn't going to be there too.

pixelish

Topanga stream links?
Stream is on niconico and it's ppv. http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv152338732

So do they finish Topanga in 4 days, or is that just the first part?
Yeah, they finish everything in 4 days. Also, they've released the schedule for the first two days of the league.

Day 1 matches
Daigo vs Rog
Daigo vs Xian
wao vs Xian
Bonchan vs Infiltration
Fuudo vs Xiaohai
Xiaohai vs Rog
Bonchan vs Fuudo

Day 2 matches
Daigo vs wao
Bonchan vs Rog
Fuudo vs Xian
Fuudo vs Infiltration
wao vs Xiaohai
Xiaohai vs Infiltration
Xian vs Rog

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
if you have no shame like me today is the last day to get the DOA5 complete costume pack for half off. 81 costumes for $40 $20

ugh i feel bad about that

]I don't think many people will have a problem with this,[/B] at least they aren't removing it.

For comparison, Capcom made wave dashing much easier in MVC3 compared to MVC2. Sure it was made irrelevant later on by plink dashing but at the time it wasn't a big deal when people saw the difference.

Stuff like this doesn't decrease depth... just allows players to get to the meat of the game quicker.

You'd be surprised.....

Top Bottom