• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

Skab

So I started playing AE on PC again tonight for the first time in what has to be close to a year.

I'm bad. Really bad. And when you play nothing but good players and are unable to really do anything to anyone in a match, it gets really...discouraging.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Just watched ATP, Bronson is a fucking idiot. Who runs a "Major" for their game & doesn't even stream it? How is that helping your community?

The best part about this is that no one even watches tekken streams for the most part, including majors and hype events and once a organizer deviates from that route (imagine actually supporting your attendees at the venue instead of a free stream! Wouldn't that be so sick!) people try to slay him lol. There's tons of tekken monsters that supposedly give a shit now? Doubtful

The best part about this is that no one even watches tekken streams for the most part, including majors and hype events and once a organizer deviates from that route (imagine actually supporting your attendees at the venue instead of a free stream! Wouldn't that be so sick!) people try to slay him lol. There's tons of tekken monsters that supposedly give a shit now? Doubtful

Bronson said that recording the matches with a webcam is okay. I can't wait to see the youtube videos from the event.

Xevren

I always watch them! I mean, it's his decision but it still sucks as a Tekken fan.

Art, only tekken fans are bummed out about the no stream for SS it seems. I don't really see anybody else caring about it. Only the usual tekken guys on here have commented on it, and they support tekken and watch the streams.

I watch tekken streams as well. Its a bummer. I want to go, but if I cant make it for whatever reason, it would be nice to watch it, as I love watching tekken (and most 3d stuff). Especially with all international talent that will be there.

It would be nice to have a dedicated tekken major streamed all the way through. Even at final round top 32 was not shown.

Idk, will not having a stream make the in house procedures that much better?

This sucks, I sold my old hi8 camcorder last year, lol.

Do most mid-major tournaments just have mediocre turnout for anything other than Street Fighter and Marvel?

yeah that's right we bringing college sports terminology into the "is it a major" discussion

Busaiku

Man, ArcSys sucks with Guilty Gear merchandise.
There's so much stuff for BlazBlue, but there's like nothing for Guilty Gear.
The only thing you can even get reliably these days is that Dizzy figure.

Where are my pillows.

What was the point of a Guilty Gear poll if there isn't even any merchandise to show for it.

Astarte

Where are my pillows.

What was the point of a Guilty Gear poll if there isn't even any merchandise to show for it.

Well we're about to get some Xrd figures so that's a start right?

Xrd_Millia_prototype_sculpt_3.jpeg

Rhapsody

Banned

Where are my pillows.

I wish I had that Dizzy figure. Both versions :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Where are my pillows.

There are body pillows just look around.

Also blazblue popularity >>>> guilty gear's

alstein

Do most mid-major tournaments just have mediocre turnout for anything other than Street Fighter and Marvel?

yeah that's right we bringing college sports terminology into the "is it a major" discussion

Depends on the area- some areas do well for certain games that aren't AE/Marvel if they have strong local scenes.

Busaiku

BlazBlue has a lot more female appeal though.
I doubt things'll really be changing for Guilty Gear.

Speaking of which, I just noticed that the artist for Remix Heart did Jin/Ragna doujins.

FYC

Banned
So I started playing AE on PC again tonight for the first time in what has to be close to a year.

I'm bad. Really bad. And when you play nothing but good players and are unable to really do anything to anyone in a match, it gets really...discouraging.

Pretty sure I'm the worst SF player in the world, if you wanna play with me feel free.

Ew no, I'm not Fanatiq. Although one of my other coworkers claims to play Marvel competitively and says I wouldn't get a game off of him. I was worried, but then he told me his team is Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye, which I have plenty of practice against thanks to kevo_huevo!

LOL! nova/spencer has a tough time with your team imo because you can control horizontal space.

if he ever asks to trade shifts, just tell him he has to beat you in a ft10.

BlazBlue has a lot more female appeal though.
I doubt things'll really be changing for Guilty Gear.

Speaking of which, I just noticed that the artist for Remix Heart did Jin/Ragna doujins.

Speaking of which, Blazblue CP for Vita is out in the West on the 24th of June.

So yeah, good luck with that.

Sanford is homeless? what the hell, just heard the guy on the Super Arcade stream saying Sanford been sleeping on the train station.

fucked up if true.

vocab

Damn reminds of that quake 4 player who was basically homeless while trying to compete in tournaments.

The struggle with poverty games is real.

Top Bottom