• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

smurfx

get some go again
btw doesn't dieminion have a job? how much time did he get off? dude has been in france for a long time now.

smurfx

get some go again
somebody needs to offer him a job if that's true. might be time to give up trying to be a professional fgc player.

Anth0ny

melee players will try out smash 4 for like a year, realize it sucks, and go back to melee

brawl players will stick with the game because they enjoy pain

10 new guys who own wii us and never played smash before will join the community

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Building next to me is currently very much on fire and has been completely evacuated, about 60 of the people from the building are hanging out in the lobby of my building to stay warm, gonna go bring them cookies and see if any of them want to play Street Fighter.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Infiltration vs Bonchan. Bonchan got reactions and reads that rivals Diago. Every hit he lands, he maximizes the damage. Ryan Hart take note!!

I also like the way they set up the player cam. Every time hit Bonchan lands, Infiltration is scratching his ear out of frustration. This also was evident in the match between PR Rog vs Daigo. Daigo and Bonchan are just stoned cold, while PR Rog and Infiltration are just getting whiplashed.

My money was always on Daigo or Bonchan to win this whole thing... When I went to Tokyo in March and watched Daigo/Bonchan run sets, it was an eye opening experience.

Here I was at Topanga HQ watching arguably the best Sagat/Ryu go at it for 40+ matches. Tokido and Mago were filming but kept peeking over to see what was going on. It was insane.

These guys train like mad.

AAK

At least the Tekken heads will have Northwest Majors to watch. Gonna be some crazy matches. =o

Whatever you guys did to attract all those big shots to Seattle it's pretty incredible. I thought Mr. Naps was never gonna travel for Tekken again.

iori9999

Banned
I think Tekken is just going through a natural decline that every fighter that's been on the market for 2 years not named SF or Marvel has.. Which is the main problem.. Hopefuly fighters other than Marvel mainstays can draw more appeal in the future..

alstein

I think Tekken is just going through a natural decline that every fighter that's been on the market for 2 years not named SF or Marvel has.. Which is the main problem.. Hopefuly fighters other than Marvel mainstays can draw more appeal in the future..

I think now even Marvel is starting to decline.

The yearly updates SF had, I think they've done wonders in keeping interest for the game alive.

Tekken has other issues- namely being comparatively more complicated than the other major fighters this gen, which meant newer folks preferred other games instead.

kirblar

I think now even Marvel is starting to decline.

The yearly updates SF had, I think they've done wonders in keeping interest for the game alive.

Tekken has other issues- namely being comparatively more complicated than the other major fighters this gen, which meant newer folks preferred other games instead.
Marvel's definitely declining. Once hopes for the patch died out, it was to be expected.

Anth0ny

then somehow smash melee is the biggest it's ever been 13 years after launch

Next gen fighters need to be released NAO!

20130524151005!Guilty_Gear_Xrd_-SIGN-_logo.jpg

tips fedora

Anyone up for some late night fightan games on Ps3? I got Mahvel, TTT2, BBCP, 3S, GundamEXVS, Darkstalkers Resurrection, PSASBR, GGAC+R, and J-Stars(lol).

Or KI if you're into that kinda thing.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People come and go in EMP but the core people always remains. The Florida boys finally opened their eyes. NuckleDu will probably end up leaving soon based on what happened this week .The only person who has any true success is Yipes but I attribute that more to Koogy than Nintendo Boy.

I read a tweet from Zhi and he says that Nico is no longer blocking foreigners. That's nice and all but I think it's too late to try and get us to pay now. They really screwed up with how they handled this and I guess they may have noticed their wallets took a bit of a beating for it. I'll pay full price next time because I love watching high level SF4 and I want to support the Topanga guys, but Nico better play ball and treat us just like everybody else in Japan and let us in day one.

And Daigo has been amazing so far. This is suppose to be a bad match up for Ryu and he beat Fuudo pretty free. It looks like it'll come down to him and Bonchan for 1st place.

I didn't think Rog would win, but I thought he would finish somewhere in the middle. Maybe 4th place, at least 5th. But he got off to such a bad start in the first two days and now he seems to be broken mentally and is probably playing just to finish the league.

Top Bottom