• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 30 - Jan 5 | Rest in peace, Nelson "Remix" Reyes

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm wondering if any other fighter besides TTT2 and SFXTK have sandwich combos.

I can fathom a tag fighter where sandwich combos could be a huge part of the mechanics. The balance would need to be there but it could end up being one of the most hype things ever and a really great mechanic.

Then again, I also wonder if the devs for TTT2 and SFXTK intended sandwich combos to even be there.

Uh Guilty Gear and BlazBlue both have characters designed around doing this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd53IH7WVZc

I can fathom a tag fighter where sandwich combos could be a huge part of the mechanics. The balance would need to be there but it could end up being one of the most hype things ever and a really great mechanic.

Then again, I also wonder if the devs for TTT2 and SFXTK intended sandwich combos to even be there.
you just made this post so you could try to coin a new term for wombo combos didn't you

Sayah

you just made this post so you could try to coin a new term for wombo combos didn't you

No, I didn't invent it. That's what they're referred as in Tekken terminology.

Uh Guilty Gear and BlazBlue both have characters designed around doing this

I haven't really invested time in those series so wouldn't have known. But I'm interested in getting the new GG if that's the case.

Edit: saw your video edit. Niiiiiiice.

I probably didn't think of BB because it's not a tag fighter but yeah, I realize there are characters with that potential.

In Jojos (the capcom one), you can set up sandwich combos via a tandem (if you're not one of the few characters that don't have one) off pretty much any hit confirm. There were bnbs that involved sandwiching and you can also set up a reset when you know the tandem ends.

It just happens in matches that you can find on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpcQOPDnYnM

Tobe

Edit: Actually, as I've recently learned, UMvC3 also has this mechanic if you use that two-character glitch.

Would be really interesting if such a thing was allowed with reasonable balance.
Jojo (the good one) has plenty of them, check this out

Sayah

In Jojos (the capcom one), you can set up sandwich combos via a tandem (if you're not one of the few characters that don't have one) off pretty much any hit confirm. There were bnbs that involved sandwiching and you can also set up a reset when you know the tandem ends.

It just happens in matches that you can find on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpcQOPDnYnM

Jojo (the good one) has plenty of them, check this out

That is amazing. Yeah, this stuff needs to become more standard.

its really hard to balance wombo combos if they are the norm rather that character specific like carl.

Its one of the big reason why SFxT can't be played 2v2. If you play it 2v2, then expect TOD and even unblockable into TOD.

its really hard to balance wombo combos if they are the norm rather that character specific like carl.

Its one of the big reason why SFxT can't be played 2v2. If you play it 2v2, then expect TOD and even unblockable into TOD

something something sounds like marvel something

I meant unblockable into TOD sounds like Marvel, two characters or not.

ironically, unblockable into TOD would probably be more prevalent in SFxT 2v2 then in mvc3.

Most people don't run unblockable setups because it forces you to have weaker characters most of the time (wesker, x-23, firebrand, firebrand+skrull, trish, rocket raccoon are common unblockable characters)

ironically, unblockable into TOD would probably be more prevalent in SFxT 2v2 then in mvc3.

Most people don't run unblockable setups because it forces you to have weaker characters most of the time (wesker, x-23, firebrand, firebrand+skrull, trish, rocket raccoon are common unblockable characters)

Am I going to have to start using Kappa every time I want to talk out of my ass about stuff I don't know so people don't spend their time analyzing what I said too hard?

Which maybe I should ease up on for a while if I want people to pay attention to my real serious posts that I want people to read.

El Sloth

Banned
Anyone here coming out to Defend the North? I'll be going (only to spectate though, too poverty for the extra $30).

lol Art pimping his local pizza spot

MrDaravon

Sounds like Justin Wong is doing some sort of big MvC2 match at SCR? He's saying he didn't enter the MvC2 tournament today because of a big match he has coming up at SCR, and he's been talking about getting his MvC2 game back up.

Top Bottom