• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 30 - Jan 5 | Rest in peace, Nelson "Remix" Reyes

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man Triforce talking about Remix's death is brutal

Yeah.

Others had already explained how it happened, but to hear that the seizure caused a cardiac arrest is rough.

Triforce trying to making a nice point that it was "funny" that a guy with such a figuratively large heart passing away due to an enlarged heart, and stream monsters taking it the wrong way was stupid. It wasn't hard to understand what he meant.

MrDaravon

lol welcome to marvel 2

Yeah, it's fun to watch but Jesus Christ.

We played the shit out of the game but none of us knew what we were doing, I don't think any of us even had computers at that point (we had the DC import before it came out here from a local shop). I think my team was Jill/Ruby Heart/Silver Samurai. Good times.

Mr. X

Vampire (Hunter and Savior) were huge in Japan, Keits. No way GG takes the crown for that chainy, airdasher influence.

Also, MvC2 and MvC3 have 8way airdashes. That's 4x the anime.

BB has (or had) much longer hitstop than GG.

vocab

Question for BBCP players:
What needs to change with Kokonoe to balance her out?

Damage scaling, and abide by smp rules. Id nerf the teleport too. How do you balance the unblockable thing? No clue.

The damage is the most obvious thing. Same with Kagura. It's not in line with the rest of the cast.

GooeyHeat

Any chances they'll nerf her alongside the US release or is ArcSys gonna be all like "lol go buy GGXrd/PUUUSH or play in your nonexistent arcades scrubs"
It really took a moment to make me realize you were talking about the next Persona 4 Arena. I mean, the 4 is missing, but now I'm just thinking of calling the game "PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!"

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Damage scaling, and abide by smp rules. Id nerf the teleport too. How do you balance the unblockable thing? No clue.

The damage is the most obvious thing. Same with Kagura. It's not in line with the rest of the cast.

Her damage is fine if she followed SMP rules. Its the fact she doesn't that makes it so bad

Keits

Developer
Vampire (Hunter and Savior) were huge in Japan, Keits. No way GG takes the crown for that chainy, airdasher influence.

Do they call them "anime fighters" in Japan, meaning the same thing we do? Hunter only has 3 out of 14 characters that can air dash (zabel, phobos, leilei), if you dont count characters that ground dash into the air. Savior has 4 out of 15 (zabel, jedah, q-bee, leilei).

GG is why we, in the west, where we are talking from and talking about, call them "anime fighters".

Vampire's age never ceases to amaze me. It was on it's third game before Guilty Gear was even a thing. It's too bad any waves it made in Japan were outclassed by the Tsunami that was Street Fighter.

Rhapsody

Banned
No it doesn't. CT to EX had the same amount of hitstop as GG. The game speed was definitely fast, but once characters got in a combo, it was just as slow.
Question for BBCP players:
What needs to change with Kokonoe to balance her out?

IMHO, a lot.

Honestly every move of hers such as normals, specials, etc needs tweaking, and I really don't want to get into that.

onionfrog

Stupid question about Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus on PSN.
Is the text in the japanese PSN version entirely in japanese?
IE: Is there an option to have the menus and movelists in english?

Alternatively, When's GG +R patch?

Jazz-ism

Banned

Alternatively, When's GG+R patch?

buy it on JP PSN man the game is in english and even if it isnt its in gana and kata AKA easy to read

and for the love of god stop asking for a patch that has been out for months

MONTHS

jbug617

Banned

Alternatively, When's GG +R patch?

Arc put put a statement late last week but they apologize for not getting the US PSN update and they are working on it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Only thing I like about +R is that Ky does damage... though Ky isn't a character that should do damage LOL

Just get up to the engineer's palace. That'll fix your problem quick smart.
That wont stop me, I love getting my ass handed to me or having stupid stuff annoy me.

Top Bottom