• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 30 - Jan 5 | Rest in peace, Nelson "Remix" Reyes

K.Sabot

I'm sure most eventhub frame data is from Super or AE non 2012.

I checked today and Makoto's is whack.

Says Fukiage light version has 8 frame startup and that isn't true anymore.

Clawww

Sagat kind of sucks though lol. If you play a character that has a vortex or has good Mid range footsies and walk speed Sagat struggles.

I've been trying out some Sagat lately and it's so fucking rough

I feel bad for this character

dude can't even walk ughhh

K.Sabot

Sagat was a god in Vanilla because his damage, stand lk cancel, and the fact that most the of the characters in the game were pretty honest at that point.

There were no bullshit ibukis or divekickers, the akuma vortex was still being figured out, Sakura was bad, and Cammy was underdeveloped (though she would have skyrocketed to top 3 in my opinion if we had it longer).

onionfrog

Sagat kind of sucks though lol. If you play a character that has a vortex or has good Mid range footsies and walk speed Sagat struggles.
Keep in mind how bad I am at AE tho.
It's probably more my lack of experience fighting sagat than anything though.

So many tiger shots.
So much long range normals.
I don't know how to deal with it yet.

Sagat was a god in Vanilla because his damage, stand lk cancel, and the fact that most the of the characters in the game were pretty honest at that point.

There were no bullshit ibukis or divekickers, the akuma vortex was still being figured out, Sakura was bad, and Cammy was underdeveloped (though she would have skyrocketed to top 3 in my opinion if we had it longer).

i thought sagat still has his stand lk cancels, unless we're talking about something else

K.Sabot

Are there going to be all-play lobbies in ultra? I haven't kept up with it that much.

If by all-play you mean "be able to switch to any mode via the endless lobby", then I really hope so.

Damn we need to get a 3v3 teams lobby going. That shit is fun.

i thought sagat still has his stand lk cancels, unless we're talking about something else

He can't cancel the 2nd hit of the stand lk, which is the useful part because it covers a lot of space. It allowed him ridiculous traps in the corner. He's getting it back in ultra.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm curious to how Terumi plays out in the game. From the very few video I've seen they injected a lot of personality in him.
Sorry for the late reply. He's a very solid character with low mix up options. His gameplan is to frame trap the shit out of you with his extremely solid normals extremely fast run speed and pressure. If you like easy to do combos that look exaggerated *due to him gaining meter so fast his supers are basically just ex moves* He's a solid pick.

Marz

I've been trying out some Sagat lately and it's so fucking rough

I feel bad for this character

dude can't even walk ughhh

Yea walk speed being bad+not having a good midrange footsie button is tough

In a perfect world characters would be fair and bow down to the King but sadly some characters can just mash ridiculous frame safe moves and jump a million times until they get in once and they take half the Kings health. Your fireball game can be godlike but one mistake and their combo does more damage than chip from 10 tiger shots.

I went to casuals the other day and a Sakura player was using some fake cross up setups on me that I had never seen before..so dirty man lol

Keep in mind how bad I am at AE tho.
It's probably more my lack of experience fighting sagat than anything though.

So many tiger shots.
So much long range normals.
I don't know how to deal with it yet.

Yeah he's frustrating at first. What character do you play?

he's getting it back in ultra

I heard the tip isn't cancellable though in the latest build?

onionfrog

Yeah he's frustrating at first. What character do you play?
I haven't really decided on a main yet. I've been playing a few different characters
(In order of how much I like them)
1. Rose
2. Gouken
-I actually did ok against Karst's Sagat with him.
3. Sakura
4. Guile (But he's too damn boring for me to enjoy playing)

One problem I think I have is that none of my characters have a "traditional" DP that I can mash out on wakeup.(Not that mashing DPs on wakeup is necessarily a good thing to do).

Dunno, maybe I should just play Ken or something.

casperOne

Also remember that him and Ryu had WAY more trades on uppercuts in vanilla than after. Ryu couldn't always do much depending on what meter he had but Sagat always got the f+HK (and like Ryu, more if he had meter/ultra).

K.Sabot

Also remember that him and Ryu had WAY more trades on uppercuts in vanilla than after. Ryu couldn't always do much depending on what meter he had but Sagat always got the f+HK (and like Ryu, more if he had meter/ultra).

I remember Ryu's trades getting ubernerfed, but I can still do most of Sagat's stuff.

Top Bottom