• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 30 - Jan 5 | Rest in peace, Nelson "Remix" Reyes

Keits

Developer
Thanks for the support guys. For the record, I'm not trying to smack anyone down. I respect everyone's informed opinion. What I don't like are judgments based on falsehoods, so I feel irrationally compelled to correct those with facts.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Was the most recent incident obvious, or not enough to garner a response from MadCatz/EH/SRK?

IIRC, it was obvious but there was no follow up (and even coverage regardless) of that incident.
It was at a tournament a day after Capcom Cup, so I just don't think anyone was really paying attention.

Our there was no follow-up because Kineda might've been the one running the tournament.

the input doesn't mater, although that the most common and simplest super cancel for a fireball anyways. it just depends on whether the special is super cancellable. guile can cancel sonic boom into his super for example. I can't think of a qcf fireball character that doesn't have a qcf super though.
Oni. :(

Use all 6 of your fireballs haha. Change up the rhythm and the speeds of the fireball uness the rose player is really good, they'll usually get hit by some fireballs by reacting too soon or too late. U2 can connect after ex fireball from about 3/4 screen I think which is very useful if you're in a fireball war. I have trouble against Rose as a gouken player. I can't vary the speed of my fireball and I'm sort of forced to fight uphill
Ah! But I love U1 so much...

Get that f.HK after the FADC, maximize your damage. Watch out in the corner though, you'll whiff.
I just did j.HK, c.MK, qcf.MK, FADC, c.MP, dp.HP. I am on cloud nine. The FADC is finally becoming ingrained in my muscle memory!

I nailed the extra f.HK after 15 or so tries once. Yay me!

Yes, but you're basically calling yourself out to use it. The good thing is you retain the charge, so make sure you can land it.
It seems like little damage and no utility for the cost. Can you explain it to me?

It's also possible to insert an Angry Charge
(I thought it was called Angry Scar?)
after an FADC, I believe, but that's mostly swag.
Everyone says Angry Scar, but I am looking at the command list in-game right now and that is not the name.

The most prominent ones are f.LK and f.HK; you can use these to kara cancel (the LK version is easier IMO) special moves.

You'll kara cancel fireballs in order to control spacing; it's an excellent spacing tool for Sagat (see Mago and Sanford's use of it). It gets you into a sweet spot that a dash can't.

You'll kara-cancel uppercuts to extend its range (it's very vertical). A lot of times you'll use this for anti-air purposes.

A nice move, if you can do it is punishing projectiles; if you can jump over a projectile and get a deep j.HP, you can then do f.LK -> kara-cancelled uppercut from at least 1/2 screen. You need the kara-cancel in order to account for the lack of horizontal range on the tiger uppercut.
Ohh, so that is how Sagat players do those long Uppercuts. I thought they were dashing. Goddamn this is eye opening!

I can't Kara cancel into fireballs consistently, though. I have tried hcf and 360 motions, but I still get so inputs from the f. Input. What can I do?

Busaiku

Who's the other guy talking on Art's stream?
I feel like I'm getting trolled so badly.

He's saying exactly the opposite of what's true...

casperOne

I can't Kara cancel into fireballs consistently, though. I have tried hcf and 360 motions, but I still get so inputs from the f. Input. What can I do?

Are you letting the stick float to neutral before doing the fireball? If you try to go from the f.LK straight to the fireball you'll get a kara-cancelled tiger knee.

Speaking of kara-cancelled tiger knees, it's a great tool for closing space after a throw, and the EX version gives you viable mixup options after a throw.

Clawww

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95325478]I'm pretty sure scaling doesn't work like that.[/QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure that's exactly how it works

by which i mean, more hits = subsequent hits do less damage

Are you letting the stick float to neutral before doing the fireball? If you try to go from the f.LK straight to the fireball you'll get a kara-cancelled tiger knee.

Speaking of kara-cancelled tiger knees, it's a great tool for closing space after a throw, and the EX version gives you viable mixup options after a throw.
How do I get mixups from EX Tiger Knee?

I am rolling hcf to clear the f input. I don't know how that gives me a DP.

i'm pretty sure that's exactly how it works

by which i mean, more hits = subsequent hits do less damage

Special moves only count as one towards scaling unless there's extra inputs. otherwise dudley's ex machinegun blow combos would do like 10 damage after.

edit: what do you know! The second hit of Dudley's FP Jet Upper does the same damage after LP Jet Upper and EX Machinegun Blow! Yay for remedial engine knowledge!

Clawww

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95326411]Special moves only count as one towards scaling unless there's extra inputs. otherwise dudley's ex machinegun blow combos would do like 10 damage after.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was only EX specials that don't count their multiple hits?

Busaiku

Art, your analysis of that video was absolutely terrible.

You frequently ignored/misinterpreted what they said, and assumed they were making these claims, when in fact they were detailing experiences they've encountered, and are regaling those experiences.
You're nitpicking at the wrong points, and as a result, you continue to miss what they're saying, and why they are making those claims.
You then go on to claim that they're going in this with a biased viewpoint (which you're clearly doing yourself), and as a result, you continue to miss their message in favor of your own agenda.

You've mixed up what they said, and are making these statements which are clearly in contradiction to what they're stating in the video...

casperOne

How do I get mixups from EX Tiger Knee?

Sorry, I meat setups. You're -1 on block of EX TK so throwing and Tiger Uppercut are viable against those that are unsuspecting (or if they're throw teching you, a TU would beat that).

Beware of those with four frame (or less) startups obviously.

I am rolling hcf to clear the f input. I don't know how that gives me a DP.

A lot of people go from f to df, d, df, f.

Since the input buffer is long, it registers the TK movement.

Letting the stick float to neutral on its own before the QCF forward is the only way to get it clean.

It also takes practice to do consistently, it's not one of the easier things to do in the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Art, your analysis of that video was absolutely terrible.

You frequently ignored/misinterpreted what they said, and assumed they were making these claims, when in fact they were detailing experiences they've encountered, and are regaling those experiences.
You're nitpicking at the wrong points, and as a result, you continue to miss what they're saying, and why they are making those claims.
You then go on to claim that they're going in this with a biased viewpoint (which you're clearly doing yourself), and as a result, you continue to miss their message in favor of your own agenda.

You've mixed up what they said, and are making these statements which are clearly in contradiction to what they're stating in the video...
Wait.. what is this latest controversy that has befallen the FGC?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
This MIT business isn't worth all the attention people are giving it. That Pat dude from SRK is apparently writing a thing on it though so that should be good. That guy does good stuff.

Threi

notag

jbug617

Banned
We still here. Anyone is free to join the chat channel.

...Unless you play guy

...Then fuck you.

...Nah i'm playin guy players can join too. But fuck you regardless.

You miss Art getting upset because he had to play so many Guy players today.

Warms my heart that karts is using sim but grinds my gears he may main sagat. Sim is fun man.

Edit: funny how my holidays actually shortened my daily gaming time. Super jelly people get to play sf/mvc together.

We still here. Anyone is free to join the chat channel.

...Unless you play guy
...Then fuck you.
...Nah i'm playin guy players can join too. But fuck you regardless.

#BibleThump

for Ultradavid or anyone on a budget that wants a budget gaming PC:

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1oxu69/build_complete_400_budget_gaming_build_w_album/

enough to run AE PC and most other stuff at a decent FPS. total : $372

if you want a little bit more oomph

At $500, an FX-6300 and a 7870 MYST.
At $600, a locked i5 and a 7870 MYST.

Pretty impromptu based on the thread but usually a few folks playing. It's pretty easy to set up because of the single thread format for the FGC on here.

Beef and I need to get the Fate of 2 T.hawks showdown eventually. Rotating folks only netted us 3 matches, lol.

I am willing to put my title of "Best Hawk on GAF" on the line.
I think there's only 3 including us and Degen lol

braves01

Banned
Apropos of nothing, and since I can't make threads anymore, I just want to say that there should be a metal gear fighting game.

Apropos of nothing, and since I can't make threads anymore, I just want to say that there should be a metal gear fighting game.

You kinda end up fist fighting at the end of them all, don't you? Problems would be the intros would be super long, there's be cutscenes in the middle of gameplay, and Cyborg Raiden would now be super OP.

onionfrog

Hey Karst
I'm already in a lobby with Beats.
There's a slot open in the lobby for you.
Let me know if you need another invite

EDIT:
Nevermind we're in there now!

hmm anybody down for a KOF13 steam set. If not i'm going to watch some anime while my vita charges. Or maybe play some of my backlog games.

Dahbomb

What's the frame data on Ryu's f+HP? Is it an effective frame trap move?

Because if it's not I have been falling for that shit all this time without knowing about it.

OceanBlue

What's the frame data on Ryu's f+HP? Is it an effective frame trap move?

Because if it's not I have been falling for that shit all this time without knowing about it.

I think it's +2.

Edit: Well, Shoryuken Wiki says it's +0 o__o. I could've sworn it was plus on block.

Dahbomb

So which is it? I am trying it in training mode and I try to do a Fei Long 3 frame jab against it and Ryu's punch beats it out after the f+HP.

Top Bottom