• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 2-8 | Capcom does the Monster Nash

I appreciate all the responses, folks!

Thing is, I attended a bunch of local tournaments at the time that the original Street Fighter 4 came out. I would occasionally place well, but most times I'd find myself either two and out or somewhere in the middle of the results, and that was fine. I've only been to two majors; traveling is tough on a seven on/seven off schedule. I do enjoy the competition, but now I find myself really enjoying just playing long sessions with folks of whom I'm either equal with or folks who are better than me.

I still enjoy tournaments, it's a way to gauge where you're really at skill wise, but they don't thrill me like they used to. Either way, I still enjoy playing fighting games with those who enjoy them like I do.

Honestly, just sounds like you're okay with not competing at a high level... Just want to have fun with people around your skill level. Which is completely fine, but you don't have that competitive edge anymore.

For me, personally, this is my first major (Evo) and been trying to git gud, so I've been training harder than usual. I am not expecting to place at all, but I want to give my best and make sure that whoever wins against me, will have to try hard instead of breezing through.

This is for GG only for me, btw. I signed up for Melee and SSB4 for fun. I am NOT expecting to win a single round in the last 2 games.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I just looked on Expedia.ca it's :

Room 1: 2 Adults avg./night
4 Nights C$149.18
Taxes & Fees per night
Taxes & Fees
C$17.91
Trip Total: C$668.36

Thats from Thursday to Monday at Paris. No Flight. That's slightly cheaper per night than booking through the EVO site when conversion rates are taken in to account.

That looks surprisingly affordable!

we get Good Bison? (not Rose. Or Cammy. Or any of the dolls.)

Female Bison. He wanted to use Cammy's body, right?

tumblr_lzzmp9wLuA1qimc62.jpg

CPS2

I appreciate all the responses, folks!

Thing is, I attended a bunch of local tournaments at the time that the original Street Fighter 4 came out. I would occasionally place well, but most times I'd find myself either two and out or somewhere in the middle of the results, and that was fine. I've only been to two majors; traveling is tough on a seven on/seven off schedule. I do enjoy the competition, but now I find myself really enjoying just playing long sessions with folks of whom I'm either equal with or folks who are better than me.

I still enjoy tournaments, it's a way to gauge where you're really at skill wise, but they don't thrill me like they used to. Either way, I still enjoy playing fighting games with those who enjoy them like I do.

Sounds kinda like me, except I was getting smashed at 3s tournaments a bit earlier. I could focus on being competitive for a few months but its not easy to just keep going at it. You end up missing out on a lot of stuff, spending time with your partner, family and other friends, and also studying, or you could be working on weekends. I think everyone joins team NAH eventually. Better netcode in everything please.

Honestly, just sounds like you're okay with not competing at a high level... Just want to have fun with people around your skill level. Which is completely fine, but you don't have that competitive edge anymore.

For me, personally, this is my first major (Evo) and been trying to git gud, so I've been training harder than usual. I am not expecting to place at all, but I want to give my best and make sure that whoever wins against me, will have to try hard instead of breezing through.

This is for GG only for me, btw. I signed up for Melee and SSB4 for fun. I am NOT expecting to win a single round in the last 2 games.

That's the best mentality to have really. Enter to compete and do your best, not to win (granted winning would of course be very welcomed lol) .

I'm only aiming to place in the Divekick sidetournament myself if it happens again lol. Managed to get into top 8 last year so I want better now if possible :v

PureYeti

Any GAF'ers interested in adding a new friend for any of the following:

X360: USF4, Street Fighter x Tekken, Injustice
PC GGPO: Fatal Fury Special, Real Bout Special

I'm cool with all skill levels. EST timezone, on every night but FRI and SAT. Please quote this so I can see it easily.

I will play against you on PC and the timezone looks pretty good for me to play.

That's the best mentality to have really. Enter to compete and do your best, not to win (granted winning would of course be very welcomed lol) .

I'm only aiming to place in the Divekick sidetournament myself if it happens again lol. Managed to get into top 8 last year so I want better now if possible :v

I know for a fact that I won't win, but once I'm at the tournament, my brain just goes "HEY! You HAVE to win this!" so I'm going in thinking that I have a chance to win. Weird, but true.

Anyway, good luck at Divekick! I'll be rooting for you.

alstein

I think after a few days, this is how I feel in comparing the two UM games

2k2 has better controls, and no AG is good.

98 has better roster, gameplay, and fewer bad matchups.

Just wish more westerners stuck with 98, or Code Mystics could port the half-circle code from 2k2 into 98.

I felt this way about six button fighters until I played VSav and realized how much the extra buttons bring on the animation front. I admit that on a gameplay level it'd probably be an overall net positive, though. I'm not sure, but I think I recall a stream where Mike discussed that they couldn't do a four buttons for SG because of MvC3. It might have been patent related stuff in Japan, but I hesitate to make an absolute declaration without the video. Too bad this stuff is lost in a veritable haystack of links.

I remember Mike doing a 4 button test but I don't recall the patent story. I'll search into this a bit more when I have time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So my friends bought me a ps4. And my copy of Xrd fucked up.

Looks like I got some colors that "dont exist for use"

Aka the old Gold and Block character colors

Due to the odd way in which this was revealed, it’s still unclear if Kenshi will show up in the main game or be confined to this handheld version. As the mobile port of predecessor Injustice: Gods Among Us featured two exclusive characters of its own in Darkseid and Static, this is far from confirmation that this veteran will appear elsewhere.

Pretty sure I saw him in one of the towers in those videos that leaked other characters, so definitely not mobile exclusive. Counting him, how many slots does that leave on the initial roster?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Best RPG series

IV's mechanically the best of them, too (and the presentation is amazing), though my favorite will always be PSII.
I've played IV on PC via steam and 360 via Genesis Collection, but always favor Virtual Console as the ports seem like the best around. Don't mind shelling out the extra cash - at least not after tax returns.

mbpm1

That feel when youre so ass at SF4 everyone kicks you from their endless lobbies.

You know you've made it as an online scrub when in one session two people rage quit and multiple other people refuse to play you again.

petghost

Banned
I felt this way about six button fighters until I played VSav and realized how much the extra buttons bring on the animation front. I admit that on a gameplay level it'd probably be an overall net positive, though. I'm not sure, but I think I recall a stream where Mike discussed that they couldn't do a four buttons for SG because of MvC3. It might have been patent related stuff in Japan, but I hesitate to make an absolute declaration without the video. Too bad this stuff is lost in a veritable haystack of links.

yeah but it seems like Vsav has a bunch of buttons you should basically never use...

like i play q-bee and her st.hp and hk are like probably a bad idea most all the time.

in fact there are a lotta things in that game which seem like you should basically never use, like why does bulleta 66 mp overhead exist except to fuck up dash mp inputs. why does lei lei EX item toss exist?

yeah but it seems like Vsav has a bunch of buttons you should basically never use...

like i play q-bee and her st.hp and hk are like probably a bad idea most all the time.

in fact there are a lotta things in that game which seem like you should basically never use, like why does bulleta 66 mp overhead exist except to fuck up dash mp inputs. why does lei lei EX item toss exist?

66 mp overhead is terrible since you can do it from a backdash as well. like wtf lol

.la1n

I have to wonder why any developer / publisher bothers giving IGN anything anymore. They have to have the record for most unintentional leaks. Glad Johnny Cage is back :)

Top Bottom