• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 30 - Apr 5 | BonCHAMP

El Sloth

Banned
French Bread announces UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTHA Xnd cosign!!!

p6JQ7CQ.png

DvL4x9b.png

Such high image quality

yKqQJpZ.png

O32dC4H.png

83nL5fd.png

Technically it's april fools in Japan already, so not actually too early!

Village

Late Responses HO!

tumblr_mvwtcr8fei1sh39amo1_500.gif

Guilty as charged, I'm the nutjob that made Street Fighter V Roster Discussion. Despite the fact that I agreed with you but roster hype is a part of fun for me, along with reading people's discussion about game plays. I suck at having a discussion about gameplay details, frames, engine, etc so I always leave it to other people who know their stuffs. It don't really meant that I don't understand it since I just simply suck at talking about it.

-thumbs up-

I believe that it did happened to MVC3/UMVC3 as well. I'm guilty that I didn't post much in OT but I have been playing MVC3/UMVC3 pretty frequently until Smash 3DS came out.
I'm sort of interesting in seeing what the hype thread and character announcement threads for MVC3 and UMVC3 looked like. I wasn't on gaf back then. And I was one of of 3 people out of that current group of friends who cared what that was.
well let's be real, the latter always comes before the former because nobody ever advocates for a character they dislike, so it's only natural that it does take center stage
I hate vega, I will advocate vega being in street fighter, unless they find a replacement for vega. That is where my kindness ends, Blanka and honda can go jump off cliffs

As an aside, I generally like roster talk when we're actually talking about move sets or play styles you hope to see in an upcoming title. It just sucks when things like that get downplayed because of desires to see characters because of their character. Combine that with some folks inability to self-censor or moderate themselves and it gets ugly real fast.
Roster talk is fun, I can't make any roster talk about V because I don't know what direction that game is going in. Only thing i can say is, people keep saying they aren't going to put a lot of the people who were in 4 in. I doubt that.

I'm excited for T7 because I might try to play it without learning 2 chars and all of that stuff.
I end up learning multiple characters anyway, its changing my brain to be that guy now which is the problem. For some reason that's easier for me in 2d fighting games.

...damn, I wonder what would've happened if there were separate Smash 4 roster discussion threads
The end of times

I love roster talk but I just don't like it when people become TOO invested with roster discussion because it usually end up pretty bad because people have their opinions about the rosters or characters itself.
Charcter can't get in, there are people who find that character sexy. There for they shouldn't get in. Disregard I had to look that up on the internet to find that out.

It's stifling, brings out the worst in people, brings out the most worthless posts and ultimately makes zero difference for characters included in a game or not. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, nearly all fighting game rosters are decided very much up front long before any fan can open their mouth and begin their master thesis on side characters that made one appearance on a bootleg television show.
Let me tell you why Rosalina, Bowser jr and Lucario shouldn't be in smash bros, three of the most popular nintendo characters in years, shouldn't be in smash. And why King K who gives a shit and Captain Not Nintendo should be in smash. Becaause rosalina is lightning and lucario is for furries, or bowser isn't koopha kid or whatever. No I am not wrong it is the new fans and younger fans who are wrong. I AM THE GATE KEEPER.

Smash thread's were weird times man

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
He..has that already?

Maybe he means give it back fast grounded recovery? Used to be standard 4 frames that all jump attacks have, I've heard even as ludicrous as 2 frames but doubt it. The devs rightly decided that flip grab OS shoryuken is idiotic and slapped 17 grounded recovery frames on a whiffed flip grab. So few people still know about that and it annoys the hell out of me ;_;

Trying to explain fighting game mechanics at a wedding dinner to a venture capitalist and surgeon at the table. We talked about Candy Crush instead. I feel like I took a left turn somewhere in my life.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
He..has that already?

your kidding right? i dont mean his normal grab either in the air or ground in marvel, I mean where he can do a demon flip then grab the opponent from the air while they are on the ground (like he does in SF4) and throw them on the ground to hopefully get an otg off of it or a lvl 1. If that exists in Marvel then I've been playing the game the wrong way for all this time. Says a lot about the opponents I've beaten lol

just ignore him..hes been drinking

too early in the day breh

Trying to explain fighting game mechanics at a wedding dinner to a venture capitalist and surgeon at the table. We talked about Candy Crush instead. I feel like I took a left turn somewhere in my life.

Living the high life ain't so bad.

mbpm1

DON'T FEEL BAD THEY'RE JUST FRICKIN SCRUBS. PROLLY BEG PEOPLE FOR LIVES TOO, CAN'T EVEN LAB UP AND BEAT THE GAME BY THEMSELVES

Top Bottom