• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: CEOTAKU BRK BEATDOWN ABUGET CUP TRETA RITT VSL TOPANGA

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Fuudo and Momo had the right idea, fuck anti-airs, just block those jump ins.
This seems to be the developing meta for a few characters. It's kind of lame.

edit: Mago vs Flash Metroid had basically no anti-air attempts at all. It was either air-to-air or block, except for some EX DPs from Mago.

Mago shut him down in game 3. He never got started really. Mago was always on the offensive and wouldn't let Daigo get out of the corner.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The biggest upset of this whole thing is the Brazilian wearing an Argentina jersey.

Clearly Daigo is sandbagging for [.]
Well...
CnSpqOqVIAAqe6d.jpg:large

Mago shut him down in game 3. He never got started really. Mago was always on the offensive and wouldn't let Daigo get out of the corner.
Are you there?

Sfv is clearly not a game for daigo. Time to retire imo. I don't think he will ever win a relevant or stacked tournament like this one.

I wish they had 2 streams or spread this out with tomorrow or something. You got all this talent there. Seems a waste not to set this up better.

The trajectory is the problem

EX Wingless will win unless you use air tatsu really close.

And, if you're using air tatsu really close, then it becomes just as hard to anti-air as air tatsu in every game.

So, I don't see how that's proof of "Jump Fighter 5".

Sfv is clearly not a game for daigo. Time to retire imo. I don't think he will ever win a relevant or stacked tournament like this one.

99% of the players in this tourney won't win a relevant or stacked tourney like this one.

LET'S ALL RETIRE, TOGETHER.

Damn, that looks like a rough matchup for Fang. The trap usually makes him jump back far enough to be somewhat safe, but Balrog can just ex rush punch him every time.

Top Bottom