• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images of the Meta Quest Pro leak

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

5sw6c14.jpg
F79zfPn.jpg

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Cool, form factor looks good. Just hoping that the resolution is increased. My Quest was quite blurry!

Blurriness is probably less a product of resolution as it is the optics and how they situate with your face. Resolution is more to do with jaggies and screen door effect.

I think the Pro is gonna be a pretty niche device, by the sounds of it. Eye tracking could be huge if they use it for foveated rendering, but it's not clear that they really will right now. Face tracking is gonna be cool for social apps, but we'll see how well supported that stuff even is.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Have to echo the form factor sentiments; looks like they're getting close to "vr glasses", which would be incredibly impressive.

jaysius

Banned
Since PS4 PRO, ”pro” is a term I‘ve learned to distrust when used by a mega corporation.

cowering season 8 GIF by The Walking Dead
ge aviation GIF by General Electric

They do look small though.

Last edited:

Banned
that looks ridiculously... flat... if this is real, then damn. I wonder how light it is.

I wonder how far they can push this, I imagine the lenses will eventually become the limiting factor.

Last edited:
We are getting closer boyz. Hope PSVR3 is the ultimate VR Gaming Form. The Zuck is gonna get the "normie" VR anyway. Good for him I guess.

CS Lurker

I'm expecting $1200 to $1500.

Excited to see how these new controllers will perform. If they are great, would be cool if sell it a part so you could use it with a [future] quest 3.

CS Lurker

Lol, it's not going to be anywhere near that.

A Spokesperson for the company tells Road to VR the $800 price for Project Cambria claimed by the report is not accurate, and further, that the actual price of the headset will be “significantly higher.”

It was 4 months ago, before the $100 increase on the Quest 2 price.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
As much as I hate Meta, still easily the best VR and this looks like it may actual be comfortable VR.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Very thin form factor, that makes me think of the latest HTC headset that requires an additional cable for the battery.

The quest 2 was an amazing headset and I hope they knock* it out of the park again.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Nathie (via Sadlybradley) is saying $1500 for the whole kit. That's pretty ambitious but hey people have shown their willingness time and time again to pay exorbitant prices in order to be early adopters.

baphomet

Nathie (via Sadlybradley) is saying $1500 for the whole kit. That's pretty ambitious but hey people have shown their willingness time and time again to pay exorbitant prices in order to be early adopters.

Lol, that packaging screams closer to $600-800.

skneogaf

I own an oculus rift cv1 and oculus quest 2 and I absolutely love it when I play on them, I just don't tend to play in them for months and months at a time.

I'll likely buy this too, it looks as good as I could imagine at this point in vr headset technology.

I'll still only play best saber 9 times out of 10 and the other 1 tetris connect or half life alyx though.

Top Bottom