• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

184.5 when this was taken 10 min ago.

20130308_192838.jpg
Not gonna lie, aiming for where you're at now.

Whoever posted that Team Strength video, thanks. Now I feel like working out too. Gotta wait until tomorrow, but I did do a 3 mile run today.

Been having protein farts all night. Smells bad man.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Not gonna lie, aiming for where you're at now.

Whoever posted that Team Strength video, thanks. Now I feel like working out too. Gotta wait until tomorrow, but I did do a 3 mile run today.

Been having protein farts all night. Smells bad man.

No reason you can't achieve it!

Thanks guys. Been about 4 years since I really dedicated myself. Consistency, hard work, and nutritional discipline is the name of the game!

sphinx

the piano man

Thanks guys. Been about 4 years since I really dedicated myself. Consistency, hard work, and nutritional discipline is the name of the game!

thanks for saying how long you've been doing this, that's the first thing that crosses my mind when I see a guy with great results.

and the bolded could be QFT several times.

_Isaac

Is there a before picture that I missed? I'm kinda curious.

Cooter

I was 13 when I started lifting weights. Been at it 20 years. You get good at anything when you do it that long.

What magazine is this bullshit from? Also, no wonder so many women struggle with fitness when they read shit like this day in and day out.

Who knows, was posted in the last fitness thread.
Yeah, it is crazy how this particular fitness trainer espousing this stuff is making bank with her stupid advice.

Quick and probably dumb question: Are there any brands of powder shakes supplements with both Whey and Creatine in it?

Heading out to GNC in a bit and was looking for suggestions.

The previous protein I took was a whey one, but i dont remember how much if any creatine was in it.

theytookourjobz

Quick and probably dumb question: Are there any brands of powder shakes supplements with both Whey and Creatine in it?

The previous protein I took was a whey one, but i dont remember how much if any creatine was in it.

There are but from my experience they have a bunch of extra added crap. Probably best to mix yourself.

entremet

What happened to Mr City?

Probably busy with life. Happens.

Nice job, Cooter.

Anyone here have or had gynemastia? I've lost a lof weight over the last 2 years and I still have some leftover glandular tissue. I'm thinking of surgery, but boy it ain't cheap.

IceCold

Why can't you just mix whey protein with milk to get your casein?

Cooter

Well....More progress! Every time I go in I'm hitting PBs now. Crazy!

Weighted pull ups

10 w/25lbs
10 w/35
10 w/45
8 w/55
6 /70

I was thinking about what I changed these past 2 months and one thing I can point to is a much higher percentage of my calories are coming from fats. I eat a tom of peanut butter and avacados. Could that be part of these recent strength gains? I sure would like to know how this is happening without putting on any weight.

SeanR1221

Well....More progress! Every time I go in I'm hitting PBs now. Crazy!

Weighted pull ups

10 w/25lbs
10 w/35
10 w/45
8 w/55
6 /70

I was thinking about what I changed these past 2 months and one thing I can point to is a much higher percentage of my calories are coming from fats. I eat a tom of peanut butter and avacados. Could that be part of these recent strength gains? I sure would like to know how this is happening without putting on any weight.

I suppose it's possible. Jealous of the lack of weight gain. I've put on a good amount of strength these past 3 months but also 10 pounds. Well, some of that is water weight but still.

Height:5'10
Weight: 220
Goal:150
Current Training Schedule: Cardio -Light Weights Daily 1-2 hrs
Current Training Equipment Available: Gym with full equipment stocked
Comments: My doctor requested I do "Light Weights" as part of my workout routine. I see that the suggested routine requires a day break after each workout. With a light weight routine , should I do the same ? Or add to daily cardio routine?

Hey,

Well your goal here seems to be weight loss, or more accurately fat loss. I'd recommend against going as low as 150, as you'd be quite thin at 5'10"; maybe aim for something like 170 with a little muscle on you, which would fill out your frame.

To do this, you're going to have to do some weights. I'm not sure if you have real issues with your health that preclude using any heavy weight, but if you're physically capable of doing so I'd recommend a barbell strength program, similar to the one in the OP. Starting with weights you can easily handle would be wise, and let your body get adapted to moving.

Second is diet. If you're looking to lose fifty pounds, then you're going to have to restrict how much you eat. There are a lot of schools of thought on this, but here's my opinion:

1. Limit carbohydrates. You don't need to slash all your carbs to zero or anything, but skip the rice, pasta, potatoes, sugary pop and juice and pastries.
2. Eat a lot of protein. This is filling, nutritious, and important for your recovery in the gym. Chicken, steak, pork, fish, soy, whatever.
3. Don't freak about fat. A little fat is healthy and is a good source of energy along with carbs. Don't drizzle everything in grease, but a nice marbled steak with a little butter won't kill you in moderation.
4. Pick something sustainable. The idea isn't to drop the weight then go back to bad habits; it's to promote some changes that you enjoy and can keep up.
5. Cheat a little. Every so often, it's good to enjoy something that you know isn't good for you. This doesn't mean every day, but maybe once a week get a couple slices of pizza and a small serving of ice cream. Enjoy yourself in a sustainable way without fucking your progress.
6. Don't worry about slipping up. It happens, it's no big deal. It's a big road, sometimes you stumble, but just keep on walking.
7. Track what you eat. At least for the first week or two, put everything into a food diary so you learn about the properties of the foods you eat and get a handle on your diet. It's important!
8. Remember to keep a handle on your total calories. You don't need to be rigid, but it's hard to lose weight without at least keeping an eye on them a bit

There you go. Do that for a few months, keep us posted and you'll look and feel like a different person before long.

Bro Fist ! Thanks for the great advice. I will keep posted my gains or losses.

IceCold

My friend who works out and trains told me to skip creative cuz it just adds water gain and makes you bloated

What do you mean skip creatine? Creatine is everywhere and your body produces it as well. I'm not talking about taking creatine as a supplement here.

Cooter

I took creatine in high school. I didn't really like it and see no need for it. It seemed to make my muscles softer although it could have all been in my head. That was a long time ago.

IceCold

I took creatine in high school. I didn't really like it and see no need for it. It seemed to make my muscles softer although it could have all been in my head. That was a long time ago.

Creatine promotes water retention that's why.

Cooter

Creatine promotes water retention that's why.

Yeah, and I knew that back then. That's kind of why I'm not sure if they were really softer or the thought was already planted in my head. Either way I don't see why it is needed.

Okay guys, thanks for the insight. Ill pass on the creatine. Do you guys suggest any other supplement I should take other than whey and eating more?

Cooter

Okay guys, thanks for the insight. Ill pass on the creatine. Do you guys suggest any other supplement I should take other than whey and eating more?

That should do it! Try to drink as much water as you can too. Pre workout energy drinks work well for some people if you can afford them. However, they are definitely not required.

That should do it! Try to drink as much water as you can too. Pre workout energy drinks work well for some people if you can afford them. However, they are definitely not required.

Thanks Cooter.

I think my main problem is eating. I just dont have the appetite or the life style that allows me to eat as much as is needed.

Thanks Cooter.

I think my main problem is eating. I just dont have the appetite or the life style that allows me to eat as much as is needed.

Protein/gainer shakes help.
If you can grab one in the morning, and one in the evening, you can probably cover up to 30% of your daily calorific intake.

Cooter

Thanks Cooter.

If you are trying to get calories try eating as much peanut butter as you can stomach! Super calorie dense food and good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom